Funko!!! 4 inch figs!!!!

1966 TV show type Bat-Items found on eBay, Collectibles, etc.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
You must read the MERCHANDISE RULES before participating here.
Monstar

Re: Funko!!! 4 inch figs!!!!

Post by Monstar »

San Diego Comic Con Exclusive revealed today

Limited to 1500! Yikes.
Gadgeteer

Post by Gadgeteer »

Nice exclusive, the box art makes it something special.
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

That alone is worth a trip to San Diego.
I've got my boys there, but I think this might be a hands on get for me.
Lars Limpet

Post by Lars Limpet »

ChAnOoD wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2017 8:05 am Lucky guys! Are these really available in the US? I´ve seen some USA stores saying that the figures will be available on this fall/winter, so I´m kinda lost when I read you have these now. I still have to find if there´s a way to catch these in Europe.
Yes, they are available here.
Lars Limpet

Post by Lars Limpet »

AndyFish wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2017 8:21 am That's a great retailer you have there, nice to see a break from greed.
His wholesale price is $4.99 per figure unless he doesn't have a Funko WS account. I know because I have the Wholesale catalog pricing right here. I toyed with the idea of opening an account solely to distribute these to fellow fans but the minimum order and the insistence of my ordering POP figures to go along with the Batman line caused me to sour to it.

They are showing up in retailers here in the US-- I just grabbed a Batgirl to go with my Batman and Robin and I still have pre-orders up at BBTS and EE. I'm hunting down a chase Batman chase figure but I'm not so desperate to get one that I'll pay scalpers prices (check back tomorrow when I've completely caved). ;)
$4.99 each? Regardless, I'm happy with them for $10 a pop (no pun intended).

I too would've gone off the idea had those annoying POP had been part of the deal. I simply don't understand the appeal.
mwilbury

Post by mwilbury »

funko_batman_set-climb.jpg
I just got my set in the mail last week. Considering the scale and detail, this would have been a dream toy for me as a child.

The figures are awesome. The level of detail is good for the scale. They look show-accurate without losing the toy-ish appearance that appeals to me. While the paint jobs reinforce this style, the figures would look a lot better with repainted eyes. Mattel did a better job with the color choices and paint applications.

The car is also pretty great. It has excellent paint/finish and, as with the Dynamic Duo, it has just the right amount of detail. It starts to go off-track with the proportions, which we knew would be a little deformed. There are a couple puzzling decisions that don’t seem to be manufacturing concessions: the hood scoop/nostrils are set far back, the fins are noticeably shorter than the rear bumper, and the rear canopy could have been longer without encroaching on the cabin. It is a much, much better value than the 1/12 Mattel Batmobile was at its original price, but the Mattel car is a nicer piece.

However, when you put the car and figures together, the set is disappointing. There is just no way to sit the figures in the car without them looking awkward. This feels like a rookie mistake. Even if you were to take the capes off, Batman and Robin sit very high in the car. If place your index finger in the floorboard and thumb below the chassis, you can feel there is some room. I have not detached the body from the frame, so I wonder what prevented them from making the cockpit sit lower. A future customization project, perhaps.

Mostly, these figures are going to stand on a shelf next to the car, but it would have driven me bonkers as a kid. I expect to play with these with my young children, and we’ll see if it bugs them at all. I still love these toys, and I think they displace the talking dolls and Vinyl Idolz as my favorite toys so far, but their weak points give me a better appreciation of the job Mattel did.

funko_batman_set-duo.jpg
funko_batman_set-car.jpg
mwilbury

Post by mwilbury »

I thought some of the crowd might like to see comparison shots...

The duo with the Mattel "1/18". They are too tall because of the undersized Hot Wheels car.
funko_batman_set-diecast.jpg

Here's the real winner: the larger Hot Wheels remote control '66 Batmobile. The scale is just about perfect, and the car's dimensions are more accurate. The cons: the black finish is not as nice, and the figures don't fit at all... it would require lowering the seats, modding the steering wheel, and carving out foot-room below the dash. I'm plotting to mod it, because how cool would it be to drive this duo around the living room?
funko_batman_set-rc.jpg

Here they are with the Mattel Batman. Funko wins, but I prefer Mattel's paint job.
funko_batman_set-mattel.jpg

Comparing the Funko car with Diamond Select's vinyl bank
funko_batman_set-bank.jpg

In my son's room, we have two awesome (but very expensive) shelves from Pottery Barn that make amazing backdrops and playsets for these figures. I can't wait to photograph the villains with them.
funko_batman_set-shelf.jpg
funko_batman_set-tower.jpg
WishItWas1984

Post by WishItWas1984 »

ChAnOoD wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2017 8:05 am Lucky guys! Are these really available in the US? I´ve seen some USA stores saying that the figures will be available on this fall/winter, so I´m kinda lost when I read you have these now. I still have to find if there´s a way to catch these in Europe.
Yes, they are starting to trickle out now. I've seen an individual and a couple of comic shops posting on Instagram that they got them in.
ChAnOoD

Post by ChAnOoD »

WishItWas1984 wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2017 8:19 pmYes, they are starting to trickle out now. I've seen an individual and a couple of comic shops posting on Instagram that they got them in.
I just ordered the Batmobile + Batman & Robin online, but that´s the only thing I could find about these figures here. No news about the rest of the figures. I think I should wait.
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

Great photos MWilbury!
PDpuck16

Post by PDpuck16 »

Pretty cool SDCC 2017 Exclusive variant

http://toynewsi.com/ig.php?mode=view&al ... 0&sl=29167
mwilbury

Post by mwilbury »

Ack! The Batman chase figure is out there and I'm starting to get the impression it will be super rare with crazy prices on eBay. Hope I'm wrong about that...

https://twitter.com/OriginalFunko/statu ... 6036680704

(Not my toy, unfortunately)

EDIT... a lot of them showing up on eBay now. Smaller wholesalers taking them out of cases to auction, I'm sure. $40-50 for Batman, so far.
LizardKing

Post by LizardKing »

Hopefully some big-box retailers will be getting these. Comic shops have them saved for their loyal customers.
Chynna22

Re: Funko!!! 4 inch figs at BBTS

Post by Chynna22 »

After seeing messages here and in other places about people already receiving their figures, I decided to call BBTS and ask if they had any idea when these will be in stock. He said "late June." I like the store, but some of their items get there really late. I collect Godzilla figures too, and my NECA Godzilla 1954, which has been out since early May, just shipped today.

Steve
Better Living Through Godzilla
ChAnOoD

Re: Funko!!! 4 inch figs at BBTS

Post by ChAnOoD »

Chynna22 wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2017 1:34 pm After seeing messages here and in other places about people already receiving their figures, I decided to call BBTS and ask if they had any idea when these will be in stock. He said "late June." I like the store, but some of their items get there really late. I collect Godzilla figures too, and my NECA Godzilla 1954, which has been out since early May, just shipped today.

Steve
You shouldn´t live here, then! I had to wait about 6 months to get a "Batman: Black & White" statue due to delays on their part (as it was available in the US all that time). I ended buying a few statues on BBTS. Even with 20+ dollars on shipping, the statues were cheaper than here!

I´m afraid there´s no chance to get these Funkos here (except the Batmobile, which is the only thing I could get). The "screen-test" Batsy looks nice as well!