Funko!!! 4 inch figs!!!!

1966 TV show type Bat-Items found on eBay, Collectibles, etc.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
You must read the MERCHANDISE RULES before participating here.
Boy Wonder

Re: Funko!!! 4 inch figs!!!!

Post by Boy Wonder »

svl wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2017 11:24 am Just received my Batmobile w/ Batman & Robin from Amazon for $37.42 ($34.49 plus tax) plus free two day Amazon Prime shipping.
If you don't mind me asking,...
When did you order it?
I pre ordered mine back in May (from Amazon) and it still hasn't shipped yet.
svl

Post by svl »

Ordered it this past Sunday. But remember, there are many people selling on Amazon so shipping all depends on who you ordered from.
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

I order from Amazon so much that I actually bought stock in them a few years ago. That's a big caveat with ordering from them-- you can be ordering (especially pre-orders) from a third party if you don't look closely. I'd suggest canceling your existing order and re-order the one being offered for $34 with Amazon Prime-- it'll say seller Amazon LLC or similar-- you'll likely have it faster than if you wait for your pre-order.

I was in my local comic shop yesterday, which is a very rare visit for me nowadays, and as I walked around I found a Super7 Hellboy figure which is what the current Funko Batman figures evolved from-- they are slightly tougher and more durable but with less detail, I like them very much. Likenesses with Super7 has always been an issue, the JAWS figures hardly looked like the actors at all. But I also found a mint loose Batman with Surf Board for $4 which I picked up and opening it and posing it on a shelf it reminded me the Mattel figures are pretty neat, but I just like these Funko figures so much more. They are more toy like and that's honestly what draws me to them. I've got enough roped off collectibles, I want something the neighbors kids can play with when they're visiting.
TysonL

Post by TysonL »

I got both versions of Batman yesterday. I really like the chase version, even the ears are just slightly different. Very fun indeed.
Chynna22

Post by Chynna22 »

A pilot episode Batman sold for $152.50 on Ebay today. :o
Better Living Through Godzilla
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

$150+ is a similar price to what the Hot Wheels 1/64 scale cars went for when they first hit eBay-- I remember watching several go for that price at the time. Last week there were a handful of sellers offering it for $40-$50 but now that someone broke the ice by starting it at $10 with no reserve you see what people are actually willing to pay (at least right now).

Interesting that Mr Freeze offered the same way (the Wallach variant) ended at $17 last week. Obviously the Batman one is going to be the one in demand.

I'm still hoping these will start landing in stores at retail.
TysonL

Post by TysonL »

I scored my Chase Batman for about $22 through an online toy shop. There had it for $24.99 then I had a 10% coupon with free shipping so not too bad of a deal ehh.
Chynna22

Post by Chynna22 »

Got an email from BBTS that four of the six figures have been shipped: Batman, King Tut, Catwoman, and Bookworm, leaving Batgirl and Mr. Freeze yet to come.

Steve
Better Living Through Godzilla
seanrt

Post by seanrt »

I am sorry if I already miss this somewhere, but do the figures have peg hole(s) in the bottom of the feet for plastic stands?
Therin of Andor

Post by Therin of Andor »

seanrt wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2017 2:54 pm I am sorry if I already miss this somewhere, but do the figures have peg hole(s) in the bottom of the feet for plastic stands?
Yes, one in each foot.

Mine arrived in Sydney, Australia yesterday!

Funko Batman by Ian McLean, on Flickr
"Holy nostalgia, Batman!"
Therin of Andor

(aka Ian McLean, from Sydney, Australia)
Gadgeteer

Post by Gadgeteer »

Does anyone know what kind of stands these figures work on?

I tried GI Joe stands and the foot holes were to big for the pegs.
Therin of Andor

Most Funko ReAction figures feature a larger peg size, which is supposedly more akin to the original Kenner "Star Wars" figures from the 1970s and 1980s. Maybe try a few of those?
Therin of Andor

Gadgeteer

Post by Gadgeteer »

Thank you Therin, I found some on the web!
I had a bigger pegged stand that came with the 4 inch Metal Gear figure, so I can put Batman in a super action pose while I wait on the others.
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

I've got an extra Screen Test Batman, I'm giving it away in another thread over HERE;

Funko Giveaway
Therin of Andor

Funko Bat products by Ian McLean, on Flickr

First sighting in the wild Down Under! ["Zing! Pop Culture" store, Penrith, western Sydney.]

The new wave of "Batman '66" Pops were here about two weeks ago, but today there was evidence that the carded figures have been out, too. Only two Batgirls left standing! $AU 20, which is the price we were told to expect.
Therin of Andor