Funko!!! 4 inch figs!!!!

1966 TV show type Bat-Items found on eBay, Collectibles, etc.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
You must read the MERCHANDISE RULES before participating here.
Sassman

Re: Funko!!! 4 inch figs!!!!

Post by Sassman »

Yesterday I picked up the Funko Batmobile, with Batman and Robin, at Stevenson Ranch, CA, Toys R Us. I made them price match Amazon. That brought it down from $49.99 to $32.99. I checked 3 other area Toys R Us stores and no figures or cars were in stock. BTW, the Batmobile was located with the regular DC heroes, not in the collectibles section.
Hedji

Post by Hedji »

That's good to hear they're showing up at Toys R Us. That means there's a good chance the Comic Con Exclusive Red Batmobile will show up after San Diego. A lot of past Funko exclusives were available at Toys R Us after the convention.
LizardKing

Post by LizardKing »

Hedji wrote: Mon Jul 03, 2017 6:44 pm That's good to hear they're showing up at Toys R Us. That means there's a good chance the Comic Con Exclusive Red Batmobile will show up after San Diego. A lot of past Funko exclusives were available at Toys R Us after the convention.
The Mattel Batgirl I recall being sold at TRU
Hedji

Post by Hedji »

Yes it was. As were non-Batman Funko exclusives like the Jaws/Quint set and a Dark Crystal Lanstrider set. I think even ToysRUs.com sold them too.

So those of us who can't get to San Diego may have a chance at the exclusive! Hope so!
Therin of Andor

Post by Therin of Andor »

LizardKing wrote: Mon Jul 03, 2017 8:02 pm The Mattel Batgirl I recall being sold at TRU
At Australia's TRU stores, we had the Mattel three-pack of the Terrific Trio pop up about six months ago! For many Aussies, this was their first chance to get Robin, as the Batclimbing two-pack didn't make it here, as far as I know.
"Holy nostalgia, Batman!"
Therin of Andor

(aka Ian McLean, from Sydney, Australia)
ChAnOoD

Post by ChAnOoD »

Finally! The Batmobile came home. So nice! I´m amazed with the articulation. For figures as small as these, the way you can play with these is great. I hope I´ll get a reply soon and I´ll be able to catch the rest of the figures, as they´re cool, and thanks to the size, easy to put somewhere.
Monstar

Post by Monstar »

Sassman wrote: Mon Jul 03, 2017 3:00 pm Yesterday I picked up the Funko Batmobile, with Batman and Robin, at Stevenson Ranch, CA, Toys R Us.
Small world. That's my local TRU, LOL
LizardKing

Post by LizardKing »

TRU.com does not show the 66 Batmobile.
Therin of Andor

Funko Batman differences by Ian McLean, on Flickr

My friend Bruno noticed that there are differences in logo paint colour and size of the oval background on the Funko carded 3.75" Batman (left) and the Batmobile Batman (right). Then I noticed that the paint finish is also different on the belt insignias. (They photograph quite differently!) Carded Batman (mine now has a customized pink cowl) has a better finish and reflects the light more effectively!
Therin of Andor

Jimmy L. 66

Post by Jimmy L. 66 »

Nice mod Therin
Therin of Andor

batrunner1966 wrote: Sat Jul 08, 2017 9:08 pm Nice mod Therin
Thanks. I already had my Batmobile Batman but it was driving me crazy that the radio accessory was trapped with the spare Batman that came with my eBay set. I'm an opener, so I didn't last too long.

Then, on Friday, I walked into an Australian Zing!/EB Games combo store I have never been into before, in a Sydney suburb - and there was Screen Test Batman hanging at the front of a peg. I wasn't planning on seeking him out, but once i saw him...

A few figures behind that figure was the Chase Freeze. (A friend has now contacted me, asking to buy the Chase Freeze.)

Batman chase figures by Ian McLean, on Flickr

After seeing a few collectors posing their Funko Batgirl with the Eaglemoss Batgirlcycle, I hunted one up on eBay. It is probably slightly too small, but will look good in photos.

Eaglemoss Batgirlcycle by Ian McLean, on Flickr

I already had the Hot Wheels three-pack from a Comic Con a few years ago (Batmobile, Batcycle with Robin sidecar and exclusive Batgirlcycle) but the Eaglemoss is bigger (I think?).

Hot Wheels Bat vehicles by Ian McLean, on Flickr
Therin of Andor

LizardKing

Post by LizardKing »

anyone seen these in stores besides comic shops? Funko needs these where people shop and not just rinky dink online sites.
ChAnOoD

Post by ChAnOoD »

LizardKing wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2017 12:27 pm anyone seen these in stores besides comic shops? Funko needs these where people shop and not just rinky dink online sites.
Not sure how things work on the US stores, but I´ve seen them easily available online. No news on Europe. Since the POP! line is pretty popular and widely available (I´ve been to comic conventions where some commercial stands only sold these collectibles) I wonder why this line doesn´t have the same distribution.

I order them from a website, but I´ve read bad reviews from the past of that shop. I hope I´ll get them safe soon.
Therin of Andor

LizardKing wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2017 12:27 pm anyone seen these in stores besides comic shops? Funko needs these where people shop and not just rinky dink online sites.
In Australia, the Funko wave of carded figures has been in "Zing!" (a collectibles store chain, in air-conditioned Westfield malls), and the new "Zing!" section of "EB Games" stores. Definitely "where people shop". I'm assuming the two franchises are owned by a parent company. These stores also have a tradition of having a large range of Funko's "Pop" figures.

The problem with the previous Mattel line was that they were picked up by a local toy distributor, so that always causes a delay in accessing the figures. If a local UK distributor has secured the new Funko line, they might not turn up for some months. I heard that Forbidden Planet, London, already have them, probably ordered direct from USA.
Therin of Andor

seanrt

Post by seanrt »

I finally started getting mine. I love the figures! I noticed the scale is perfect for the '70s Mego Buck Rogers line. Oh the fun my 7yo self can have.
Attachments
IMG_0067.JPG