Funko!!! 4 inch figs!!!!

1966 TV show type Bat-Items found on eBay, Collectibles, etc.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
You must read the MERCHANDISE RULES before participating here.
TravelSteveR

Re: Funko!!! 4 inch figs!!!!

Post by TravelSteveR »

I decided to go the same route. I just ordered the Batgirl and Mr. Freeze from Amazon,hoping I don't get the chase, which I already have. They will be here Thursday.

Steve
Better Living Through Godzilla
WishItWas1984

Post by WishItWas1984 »

TravelSteveR wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2017 2:23 pm I decided to go the same route. I just ordered the Batgirl and Mr. Freeze from Amazon,hoping I don't get the chase, which I already have. They will be here Thursday.

Steve
Nice. If you do get the chase, I'll buy it off you :) lol

Provided I don't get it myself (order due tomorrow)
WishItWas1984

Post by WishItWas1984 »

Good to hear the eBay prices on chase are coming down. I think I'll keep an eye out now. If I can snag them for $30-$40 w/ free ship eventually, I'll jump all over that.

Glad the SDCC Batmobile is coming down too for fans. One of the benefits of 51 year old properties limited fan base I guess. LOL

If only the rest of the SDCC Funko stuff dropped too. I was hoping for Bugs but they are still bidding up to $160-250, which is nuts. Funko really pulled in people with more money than sense w/ these Pops.
Monstar

Post by Monstar »

WishItWas1984 wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2017 2:08 pm
TravelSteveR wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2017 1:07 pm I'm waiting for my Batgirl and Preminger Mr. Freeze too, having ordered them the day they were listed. I called BBTS Friday to ask what's up, and the man said they are waiting for Funko to send them cases of figures. I mentioned that other places have had them since June, and it seemed strange that all those places have them but BBTS doesn't, and he said it's not strange at all. In fact they may have to change the arrival month to August.
Interesting. I still think something doesn't make sense. BBTS is not a small online toy shop. When you factor that to the large retailers not stocking these in any number (at least I don't think TRU, Target, etc.. has multiple pegs for these), where did they go?

I mean they WERE in their initial cases. Maybe people pre-ordered a crazy amount of Batgirl and Freeze? Maybe they just suck at organizing first come/first served? *shrug*

But to maybe wait until August? ugh I would try eBay but there's no way I'm finding them there for retail.
Same-ish thing happened to me with Toy Wars.

On March 29th I pre-ordered the set of Batman POPS in March for a delivery in June.

On June 30th I Facebook messaged them (as directed by them when I initially ordered) for a shipping estimation as I had seen the figures on ebay and other retailers going back to late May...

A week went by with no response.

On July 6th I emailed them and was told that "Most likely your order will be shipping in a couple of weeks."

I may be a patient person but was quite annoyed that when I went to their website it states "We are sold out of the first wave and will now be shipping from the second wave in August."

I can only assume that they blew through their first lot and put my order on the back burner, which I found unacceptable. So I canceled the order (which was an enormous pain - never use Amazon Pay) and was able to get all the figures via ebay for an amazing price.

I have done lot pre-orders before with Clark Toys and the experience there was "ok" (boxes banged up, slower shipping) but I would consider them again. Not Toy Wars though. I'll just stick to ebay / Amazon.
WishItWas1984

Post by WishItWas1984 »

Speaking of Amazon.... :x

Thankfully the rep in CS Chat offered me either a refund or replacement, or combination of that, WITHOUT having to mail back the 2 Batgirls and Freeze that I got.

So of course, I got a refund on the 2 Batgirls and let my $10 ride baby!! Come onnnnn papa needs a free CHASE!! LOL
LizardKing

Post by LizardKing »

Glad they gave U a refund. That is my fear of buying online. I want MOC and only way is to buy off the shelf yet no retailers have.
WishItWas1984

Post by WishItWas1984 »

LizardKing wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2017 10:25 pm Glad they gave U a refund. That is my fear of buying online. I want MOC and only way is to buy off the shelf yet no retailers have.
I hear ya. I have some MOC/MIB stuff, but I have very very very rarely had problems when I stick with dedicated toy/comic/collectible stores. I used to love CornerStoreComics.com years ago, but since they closed I've exclusively been w/ BBTS. Their Pile of Loot program is awesome. You do have to wait on weird allocation sometimes, like w/ these Batgirls & Freeze I just dealt with, but overall a great company.
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

Amazon's packaging can be hilariously bad sometimes. I once got a GIGANTIC box and inside was a standard size hardcover book. I'm not kidding the box was like 3'x4'-- my wife thought I ordered a new rug. Other times stuff will ship just rattling around in a box.

I don't buy a lot of toys, and with Funko I'm opening everything so I could care less what the packaging looks like. Took a shot on Mr Freeze x2 to get an Eli and got 2 Otto's. Might try it again, but really how many Otto's does one need?
TravelSteveR

Post by TravelSteveR »

Fingers crossed that when I open my package from Amazon today I see Otto Preminger Freeze and Batgirl, and the packaging is ok. I don't want to have to send Eli back. I just want to finish this set and move on to other things.
Boy Wonder

Post by Boy Wonder »

I ordered a 2nd Mr. Freeze and it arrived today.
It's an Otto.
I'm thinking that I'll keep the Eli sealed in the package.
Maybe.
TravelSteveR

Post by TravelSteveR »

I am waiting for my text from Amazon saying the package has been delivered. As soon as I get it, I will head over to the mailbox and see which it is and report back. The funny part is Eli is my favorite Mr. Freeze, and Otto is my least-favorite. Oh irony!
TravelSteveR

Post by TravelSteveR »

Hooray! Otto Freeze and Batgirl arrived safely, so I canceled my BBTS "pre-order." I had a similar issue with a NECA Godzilla figure a few months ago. I saw the figure at several stores, and it was still listed as a pre-order at least one month after seeing it. As someone else pointed out, they are a big company, so it's strange that these small stores are getting in stock before they do.

Anyway, I'm happy. Now I'll keep an eye out for a red Batmobile with a green Batman--great for Christmas.

Steve
WishItWas1984

Post by WishItWas1984 »

Congrats on it arriving in one piece! Hoping to get my 2nd free Freeze tomorrow.

If I get a 2nd Otto, maybe I'll wait until Wintercon here in NY and bring it with me. If I see a kid with a Batman shirt, I'll gift him/her a Free Freeze. :)
COPPRODUCTIONS

Post by COPPRODUCTIONS »

TravelSteveR wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2017 3:38 pm I saw the figure at several stores, and it was still listed as a pre-order at least one month after seeing it. As someone else pointed out, they are a big company, so it's strange that these small stores are getting in stock before they do.
True enough, but remember that brick and mortar comic stores are most likely buying from DIAMOND who would be a FAR bigger account for Funko than BBTS and Entertainment Earth combined. That BBTS and EE both offer varying grades of quality assurance is often worth the wait for many collectors. 8-)
Tom
TravelSteveR

Post by TravelSteveR »

Well, I waited for a Lo Pan BIG TROUBLE IN LITTLE CHINA chase ghost figure from BBTS, and it never came in. By the time I realized it was never arriving, it was sold out everywhere, and I ended up getting it on Ebay for a much higher price.