Funko!!! 4 inch figs!!!!

1966 TV show type Bat-Items found on eBay, Collectibles, etc.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
You must read the MERCHANDISE RULES before participating here.
LizardKing

Re: Funko!!! 4 inch figs!!!!

Post by LizardKing »

AndyFish wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2017 5:32 am Nice display!
I'm surprised we haven't heard anything of Wave 2 by now. Usually they want to strike while the iron is hot. Maybe they're holding off to NYCC? On the plus side, not having a second wave is saving me money. I've also noticed the chase figures have severely cooled off-- a Freeze went for $18 last night on the Bay and a ST Batman went for about the same last week.
Sounds like wave 2 they are gonna "hot shot" the line. Make all the big name villains. To me that is a sign it will be the last.
Ben Bentley

Post by Ben Bentley »

LizardKing wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:09 am
I'm surprised we haven't heard anything of Wave 2 by now. Usually they want to strike while the iron is hot. Maybe they're holding off to NYCC? On the plus side, not having a second wave is saving me money. I've also noticed the chase figures have severely cooled off-- a Freeze went for $18 last night on the Bay and a ST Batman went for about the same last week.
Sounds like wave 2 they are gonna "hot shot" the line. Make all the big name villains. To me that is a sign it will be the last.
Funko's Reis O'Brien hinted heavily on the Batcave Podcast that there were the obvious big villains and potentially some other Bat-Vehicles as and when wave two goes ahead.

You can listen to the full interview here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C4KKimUQ8iA
WishItWas1984

Post by WishItWas1984 »

Ben Bentley wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2017 4:32 am
Really like those cases!
Thanks, but which ones? :)
WishItWas1984

Post by WishItWas1984 »

Thanks!

Personally I think they're holding off until NYCC because it'll be as perfect a storm for 66 Batman as can be w/ the release of the new movie that same weekend.

It's good to see the demand for these isn't as crazy as typical Funko stuff, where getting chase figs off eBay quickly goes to normal amounts.

However, I hope the demand isn't too low to end this line early.
Ben Bentley

Post by Ben Bentley »

WishItWas1984 wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2017 5:50 pm
Really like those cases!
I like both the one that contains your 4" Funkos and also the tubular style ones that are holding your Mattel 6" too.
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

If the line ends after the second wave we've still got a good lineup of characters from it-- and I'm certain there will be either a gold or a blue Batmobile variant at NYCC.

I'd bet we see a Wave 3 though, and possibly further. The POP figures sell well enough that they can bankroll a personal favorite of the higher ups.
WishItWas1984

Post by WishItWas1984 »

Ben Bentley wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:43 am
Really like those cases!
I like both the one that contains your 4" Funkos and also the tubular style ones that are holding your Mattel 6" too.
Ah, cool. For any interested, the box is from The Container Store and the tubes from CollectingWarehouse.com, although I'm not sure if that size remains. To be honest, I think they have cheaper stuff for dolls now that would work for the Mattel line.
WishItWas1984

Post by WishItWas1984 »

AndyFish wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2017 12:42 pm I'd bet we see a Wave 3 though, and possibly further. The POP figures sell well enough that they can bankroll a personal favorite of the higher ups.
LOL True. It's still not a public company, so no shareholders to appease.
Ben Bentley

Post by Ben Bentley »

WishItWas1984 wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2017 5:44 pm
Ben Bentley wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:43 am

Ah, cool. For any interested, the box is from The Container Store and the tubes from CollectingWarehouse.com, although I'm not sure if that size remains. To be honest, I think they have cheaper stuff for dolls now that would work for the Mattel line.
Thanks for the heads up.
Lou Szabo

Post by Lou Szabo »

Maybe they will have a two face two pack to coincide with the movie release?
Some days you just can't get rid of a ... SHARK!
Monstar

Post by Monstar »

The Chrome Batmobile Action Figure is a Funko-Shop.com exclusive and is a limited edition of 1500 pieces.

Should be up any minute: https://shop.funko.com/collectibles.html
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

I like the orange suit Batman but I've never been a fan of the Chrome Batmobile-- I'm hoping for Gold. Neat that they did a variation this quickly.
TravelSteveR

Post by TravelSteveR »

Thanks for the heads-up. I ordered one.

Steve
Better Living Through Godzilla
ChAnOoD

Post by ChAnOoD »

Monstar wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:27 am The Chrome Batmobile Action Figure is a Funko-Shop.com exclusive and is a limited edition of 1500 pieces.
I´d get the package over that particular version of the Batmobile + Batman :lol:

I understand they can easily do different versions of the car just changing colours, but I´m happy with the regular edition. But can´t wait for wave 2 to get them to my collection.
burkestudio

Post by burkestudio »

I just noticed this... they used a modern Bat logo, from the comics. Even though it's cool looking, I thought they would've used something a bit more retro.

-Jeremy
Attachments
s-l500.jpg
s-l500.jpg (30.05 KiB) Viewed 10363 times
Same Bat Time! Same Bat Channel!
Technical Artist & Designer
Facebook: Burke Studio
eBay: jerburke http://www.ebay.com/usr/jerburke?_trksid=p2047675.l2559
Etsy: BurkeStudio
Instagram: BurkeStudio