Funko!!! 4 inch figs!!!!

1966 TV show type Bat-Items found on eBay, Collectibles, etc.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
You must read the MERCHANDISE RULES before participating here.
Ben Bentley

Re: Funko!!! 4 inch figs!!!!

Post by Ben Bentley »

burkestudio wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2017 11:26 am I just noticed this... they used a modern Bat logo, from the comics. Even though it's cool looking, I thought they would've used something a bit more retro.

-Jeremy
I thought the same when I saw the box art for the SDCC Red Exclusive version.
BlackRobbin

Post by BlackRobbin »

Monstar wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:27 am The Chrome Batmobile Action Figure is a Funko-Shop.com exclusive and is a limited edition of 1500 pieces.

Should be up any minute: https://shop.funko.com/collectibles.html
I love that chrome batmobile. I ordered one this morning.
Boy Wonder

Post by Boy Wonder »

Monstar wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:27 am The Chrome Batmobile Action Figure is a Funko-Shop.com exclusive and is a limited edition of 1500 pieces.

Should be up any minute: https://shop.funko.com/collectibles.html
Fall Harvest, Batman?
NJ_Batfan

Post by NJ_Batfan »

Ben Bentley wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2017 1:54 pm
burkestudio wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2017 11:26 am I just noticed this... they used a modern Bat logo, from the comics. Even though it's cool looking, I thought they would've used something a bit more retro.

-Jeremy
I believe that the Funko rep interviewed on The Batcave Podcast mentioned that this was the logo provided by the licensor, so I guess that DC does not have artwork of the Batman Classic TV Series logo in Japanese readily available.
tenderheart bear

Post by tenderheart bear »

Probably been linked before, but here's The 13th Dimension's interview with Reis O'Brien regarding the red Batmobile. It mentions the logo design which is also on the chrome version.

http://13thdimension.com/the-inside-sco ... batmobile/
HoustonBatFan

Post by HoustonBatFan »

Is Robin only available as part of the Batmobile set? Looks that way.
Ben Bentley

Post by Ben Bentley »

HoustonBatFan wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2017 8:57 am Is Robin only available as part of the Batmobile set? Looks that way.
As of now that is correct.
BATDOG

Post by BATDOG »

WishItWas1984 wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2017 3:33 pm Sweet. Finally got the stands, case and riser I needed to finish the shelf. Room enough for a 2nd wave, but man if there's a 3rd I have no idea what I'm going to do. lol

Very cool! Where did you get those acrylic "POW!" signs? They look great with the figures.
WishItWas1984

Post by WishItWas1984 »

BATDOG wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2017 11:22 am
Very cool! Where did you get those acrylic "POW!" signs? They look great with the figures.
http://www.lasermego.com/store/onomatopoeias

That site is by a Mego fan named Paul Wasson. He makes Mego stands and a ton of custom display accessories.

I got mine 5 years ago, and the prices are still the same as when I bought them then. I had no idea he added 3 more onomatopoeias though. I wish I had the room to get those too.
burkestudio

Post by burkestudio »

NJ_Batfan wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:33 am
Ben Bentley wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2017 1:54 pm

-Jeremy
I believe that the Funko rep interviewed on The Batcave Podcast mentioned that this was the logo provided by the licensor, so I guess that DC does not have artwork of the Batman Classic TV Series logo in Japanese readily available.
Interesting. It is pretty close to a logo used an original Japanese Batmobile I had seen. But boy, the modern logo sticks out like a sore thumb (to me at least ;) ).

-Jeremy
Same Bat Time! Same Bat Channel!
Technical Artist & Designer
Facebook: Burke Studio
eBay: jerburke http://www.ebay.com/usr/jerburke?_trksid=p2047675.l2559
Etsy: BurkeStudio
Instagram: BurkeStudio
mwilbury

Post by mwilbury »

It is interesting, considering that Tweeterhead used the vintage Bat-Manga logo on the base of their Japanese variant statue. Would have made a better match, especially for an item that many will want to leave in the package.
BlackRobbin

Post by BlackRobbin »

Just received the chrome batmobile today. She's a real beauty.
LizardKing

Post by LizardKing »

Stopped in at TRU and they had the figures. Found the Chase Batman but no luck finding Mr. Freeze. Also I noticed while having multiples of all the villains and Batgirl, no regular Batman. Same when I went to FYE. Need to try another TRU soon.

Went to 2 other TRU stores and no chase figures but one each of the rest of the line. I bought Batman. I'll wait on the rest until after I get the Freeze chase.
Blue Meanie

Post by Blue Meanie »

LizardKing wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2017 9:21 pm Stopped in at TRU and they had the figures. Found the Chase Batman but no luck finding Mr. Freeze. Also I noticed while having multiples of all the villains and Batgirl, no regular Batman. Same when I went to FYE. The regular Batman seems to be tough. Need to try another TRU soon.

Thanks for the heads up about TRU having the figures. For the regular Batman figure you may want to check Books a Million if you have one near by as I saw several in there a few weeks ago.
LizardKing

Post by LizardKing »

Is the Freeze chase getting more $ than Batman? I think at the beginning we all thought Batman was the tougher of the two and be more expensive but it appears the opposite at this time.