Funko!!! 4 inch figs!!!!

1966 TV show type Bat-Items found on eBay, Collectibles, etc.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
You must read the MERCHANDISE RULES before participating here.
LizardKing

Re: Funko!!! 4 inch figs!!!!

Post by LizardKing »

Sounds to me frustration is setting in amongst us with the lack of information about more new figures. I think Funko crapped the bed on the Comic-Con circuit not making special figures and instead making those goofy colored Batmobiles. I hope they do the entire line-up. That said not having wave 2 out by Christmas seems like a huge blunder.
LizardKing

Post by LizardKing »

Bump. Anything?
rickkrefft

Post by rickkrefft »

I'm getting nervous too. The biggest mistake they made was not putting at least one more big villain in wave 1 so Catwoman wouldn't be the only major hitter. I also think two females in the same wave hurt. Batgirl should have been saved for wave 2, and Riddler or Penguin could have replaced her in wave 1. I think seeing the blue and silver Batmobiles still not sold out on the Funko shop is a bad sign of weak sales. I actually was shocked the blue did not sell out by now as it was the best looking of the 3 colors and came with a real looking Batman figure. In stores the line seems to be selling, they also are sold out at a few of the big online places which give me hope we will see at least a wave 2. I hope they jam the 2nd wave with Joker, Penguin, Riddler, Mad Hatter and Egghead so all the major villains will get done at least, just in case they don't make it to a wave 3. I hope we get a Batcave and a Batgirl Cycle too. I think both would sell well, especially if say Eartha Kitt's Catwoman is an exclusive to the Batgirl Cycle as Robin was to the Batmobile, and if the Batcave included Alfred. I hope we hear something soon. I was more excited about this line than any other 1966 Batman line to date because of the size and how more easily it could be to make in scale playsets and vehicles.
seanrt

Post by seanrt »

For the longest time Funko was acting as if sales were strong and an expectation of much more to come; employees doing press all stressed this is their favorite product. Now, December 2017, we are left waiting to hear anything. Funko can get product from design to customer in very short periods of time.
Today’s 12 days of Funko Christmas exclusive is the gold Batmobile with figure. The lack of or word on any new product makes me nervous
TBolt

Post by TBolt »

On the other hand FTC is leaving Catwoman for dead last in its line. I am starting to thing that the 4 inch retro lines aren't getting as much interest as people think.
To the Bat-Elephant!!
mwilbury

Post by mwilbury »

In one of his interviews (The Batcave Podcast, I think?), Funko's senior product designer stated that there would be no wave two announcements before December. I'm anxious to see more new figures as well, but it's still a little early for hand-wringing.
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

Everyday I get the stupid Funko Update-- everyday its those Pops that I have absolutely no interest in. The two times I delete the email without reading it -- Batmobiles. Ugh.
I like the Gold one, I'm not excited about the idea of the online wait in line (I'm 25,027 in line right now) at the Funko Shop.
But thanks for the heads up on the Goldie.
LizardKing

Post by LizardKing »

My hope is we learn about Wave 2 this month or early 2018. Then on the Comic-Con circuit they do figures vs different colored Batmobiles.
Therin of Andor

Post by Therin of Andor »

The Joker wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2017 3:59 pm Sure wish some toy company would release... a George Sanders Mr. Freeze with a removable Freeze Helmet and Freeze Ray-Gun
Funko Three Mr Freezes by Ian McLean, on Flickr

Now there are three! I customized a George Sanders Mr Freeze to accompany the two commercial #Funko variations (Otto Preminger and Eli Wallach). The new head is from a #ReAction Korben Dallas (from "The Fifth Element"), with hair colour-changed to grey. The transparent helmet - now painted silver - and movable faceplate came from a female space figure I found on eBay last year. I made the helmet match the "Batman '66" villain's look with some quickset putty and silver paint.
"Holy nostalgia, Batman!"
Therin of Andor

(aka Ian McLean, from Sydney, Australia)
ChAnOoD

Post by ChAnOoD »

Can´t wait for wave 2. I agree with Andy, those Pops doesn´t do anything for me; I really dig the cute, action figures they did for the propety. If they didn´t release the big names with #1, they shouldn´t cancell this. I hope next year we´ll have more figures to add to the collection.
Lou Szabo

Post by Lou Szabo »

Christmas Gold Batmobile is out!

https://13thdimension.com/christmas-gol ... more-62359

Link to buy Gold Batmobile: https://shop.funko.com/funko-12-days-of ... ay-10.html

I like the Superman colors on the Batman. That could go well with the Blue Batmobile.
Some days you just can't get rid of a ... SHARK!
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

I ordered one-- the only one I skipped was the Chrome one.
LizardKing

Post by LizardKing »

Funko still alive? Be nice to have heard something.
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

I’d be surprised if it’s true but I’m hearing rumors the line is dead. I’d expect to hear something at toy fair next month.
LizardKing

Post by LizardKing »

AndyFish wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 3:16 pm I’d be surprised if it’s true but I’m hearing rumors the line is dead. I’d expect to hear something at toy fair next month.
Sad way to go if true. They promised a 2nd wave.