Funko!!! 4 inch figs!!!!

1966 TV show type Bat-Items found on eBay, Collectibles, etc.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
You must read the MERCHANDISE RULES before participating here.
rickkrefft

Re: Funko!!! 4 inch figs!!!!

Post by rickkrefft »

This would an awful way to treat the fans who got all these figures and all the Batmobiles just to be told the line is dead? They can at least do a 3 pack with Joker, Penguin and Riddler.
TBolt

Post by TBolt »

Glad I skipped it if that is the case. Looks like FTC is the most complete figure line. Pretty sure they did every character they were allowed by WB.
To the Bat-Elephant!!
ChAnOoD

Post by ChAnOoD »

rickkrefft wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2018 7:35 am This would an awful way to treat the fans who got all these figures and all the Batmobiles just to be told the line is dead? They can at least do a 3 pack with Joker, Penguin and Riddler.
Agreed. It looks like a curse; I´m a broken guy but I´d love to have the Cesar Romero´s figure from Hot Toys, for example. Got the chance to get the whole Funko collection (sans the chase ones) and maybe won´t get the rest of the line. Too bad. Maybe there´s only an interest on Batman and Robin? Or did the overall sales of the main ones work bad enough to keep the line going? It´s sad to see some interesting merch vanishing without a clear reason.
BatmiteReturns

Post by BatmiteReturns »

was\ the line a complete failure?
LizardKing

Post by LizardKing »

Lets wait until we hear something official but Funko has gone dark since the release of these. Outside of a tease to expect big name villains they have not said squat. if FTC can make these why not them?
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

As I said I think it's a false rumor and we will see wave 2, but if it is true it would be due to poor sales.
LizardKing

Post by LizardKing »

AndyFish wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2018 2:40 pm As I said I think it's a false rumor and we will see wave 2, but if it is true it would be due to poor sales.
I doubt the sales were robust but are FTC's? They had to know the expectations on a line like this.
TBolt

Post by TBolt »

FTC wouldn't have done 6 waves, countless variants, accessories and goons if the sales weren't there.
To the Bat-Elephant!!
LizardKing

Post by LizardKing »

TBolt wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:42 pm FTC wouldn't have done 6 waves, countless variants, accessories and goons if the sales weren't there.
agree. Funko has better distribution and pricepoint so I can't see why they would bail so fast. If wave 2 comes out I'd expect it to cease after.
Lou Szabo

Post by Lou Szabo »

I have only seen this line at one brick and mortar store - FYE. ToysRUs only had the Batmobile. Target and Walmart had nothing. Ebay was full of them.
Some days you just can't get rid of a ... SHARK!
mwilbury

Post by mwilbury »

Even if this turns out to be the end of the basic series, I think we'll at least see Joker, Riddler, and Penguin in some kind of store- or con-exclusive set.

I'll be disappointed if we never get Egghead and Mad Hatter, though.
ChAnOoD

Post by ChAnOoD »

mwilbury wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:50 pm Even if this turns out to be the end of the basic series, I think we'll at least see Joker, Riddler, and Penguin in some kind of store- or con-exclusive set.

I'll be disappointed if we never get Egghead and Mad Hatter, though.
Egghead would be fine. And I have so much fun with Chief O´Hara. It´d be nice to have a figure of him with Gordon as well.
LizardKing

Post by LizardKing »

Szabol wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:02 am I have only seen this line at one brick and mortar store - FYE. ToysRUs only had the Batmobile. Target and Walmart had nothing. Ebay was full of them.
TRU had the figures in store.
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

FTC has a higher markup and is a more specialty toy-- Funko makes its money on those POP figures and I suspect that getting this license was more a labor of love for a few of the executives.

I think the FTC toys are poorly made-- the bodies don't hold poses very well but the costuming has been very nice. I dumped that line and sold off all my figures last year because I just don't need more stuff.

If the Funko line is dead it's more likely a licensing issue. Licensing is tremendously difficult and if they had only a limited window and tooling and production ended up with overseas delays then time could have just run out.

I only mention all this because it's not as simple as make a toy cash it in and make some more. If they had started with Batman, Joker, Penguin, Riddler and Catwoman would the sales have been better? I recently walked down a toy aisle which I haven't done in ages and I was mind boggled by the multiple Batman toys available. How many Batman toys does a kid need??

But getting back on track-- Toy Fair is only a few weeks away, and if the line lives we'll surely hear about it.
TBolt

Post by TBolt »

I'm more of a sucker for the Mego style rather than little star wars figures so FTC spoke to me. I didn't have issues with the bodies, just fixed a few things here and there, corrected Penguin's height, green socks for Joker, slippers for the riddler, little stuff. Batgirl and Catwoman needed the most help, the female body they use sucks and the belts had to be reworked.
To the Bat-Elephant!!