Funko!!! 4 inch figs!!!!

1966 TV show type Bat-Items found on eBay, Collectibles, etc.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
You must read the MERCHANDISE RULES before participating here.
Blue Meanie

Re: Funko!!! 4 inch figs!!!!

Post by Blue Meanie »

Szabol wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:02 am I have only seen this line at one brick and mortar store - FYE. ToysRUs only had the Batmobile. Target and Walmart had nothing. Ebay was full of them.
I saw some (well two to be exact) at Books A Million. Mine came from Amazon or Big Bad Toy Store as most of the local stores didn't carry them. Although, I did find Screen Test Batman at TRU.
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

Yup I found a Eli Mr Freeze on the pegs at TRU -- and pure luck because I never go in. They also carry the figures at Newbury Comics which is a small chain here in the Northeast.
Lou Szabo

Post by Lou Szabo »

if you've seen the Toys that made us series, particularly the Star Wars segment, you can see how difficult it is, even after so many years, to get the deal (licensing) then get it made overseas with some reasonable quality.

I'm partial to 1/6 scale due to the GI Joes, Johnny West and Captain Action figures. By the time MEGO came around, I had outgrown them, but still had a few just to display. I never got into 3-3/4 figures, but this allows far more figures, vehicles, accessories - I think of Johnny West shrunk down as far as the figures.

I did pick up a few of these because they are cute, and I got my blue batmobile too. Maybe one day, I'll pick up a black one, and some of the other figures too. Always a sucker for King Tut!
Some days you just can't get rid of a ... SHARK!
rickkrefft

Post by rickkrefft »

Batman, Catwoman and Batgirl sold out at the stores I saw these at. King Tut, Mr. Freeze and Bookworm were all peg warmers. I do think Joker, Penguin and Riddler and Surfer Batman/Surfer Joker, Pink Cowl Batman would all sell well. So would a Batcave or Batgirl Cycle. I personally want Egghead and Mad Hatter too. They made so much money off the Batmobiles, I don't see how another wave could not be made. I understand the chances of a Batcave are super slim, but the Batgirl cycle they could put out in many colors to make more money. I don't see how the license could run out on Funko, but not other toy lines that are still putting out 66 stuff (Diamond Select, Tweeterhead) I mean why would Funko even start this line knowing they'd never get to a wave 2. If this was gonna be the case Joker, Penguin and Riddler should have been released instead of King Tut, Bookworm and Mr. Freeze. At least that way the line would feel a lot more complete. Without Joker, penguin and Riddler, I'm just gonna toss the majority of the line in the trash and just keep the Batmobile,Batman and Robin. My hopes were so high for this line, even with many people saying from the start that Funko never stands behind any line they make and ditches it after the first wave. Now that I know thats true, no more Funko buying for me.
seanrt

Post by seanrt »

True, not that long ago they were all in on Hanna-Barbera, making some pretty diverse characters and then they just stopped.
HoustonBatFan

Post by HoustonBatFan »

It does appear that Funko's moved on. It is kind of neat, though, that you can snag a figure of what Dick Grayson became in the 70s. ;)

https://13thdimension.com/nightwing-sta ... n-figures/
LizardKing

Post by LizardKing »

I called out 13th Dimension a little for not asking Funko point blank what is going on.
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

I contacted Funko myself and was given a very non answer saying they couldn't discuss the state of a given license and if there were to be more figures we'd hear about it at Toy Fair.
rickkrefft

Post by rickkrefft »

With the exception of Diamond Select, Tweeterhead and Figures Toy Company, the companies have handled Batman 66 terribly. Mattel never got past the big 7 or made a Batcave. Mez-Itz never released their Penguin, other Joker or unmasked Catwoman. Hot Toys screwed us on the Batmobile, Neca never made it past Batman and Robin, Lego skipped Batgirl, the talking dolls never had a second wave and NJ Croce bendable figures only made Egghead after the big 7. That’s why even with it’s many flaws I still like Figures Toy Company, they have been the most dedicated company out there. If only they’d make a Batmobile it would end up being the most complete of all 66 lines. I’d just to love to have one toy line where all the big hitters were made, as well as the Batmobile and Batcave. I was hopeful with Funko and all their talk and promises.
SprangFan

Post by SprangFan »

I contacted Funko myself and was given a very non answer saying they couldn't discuss the state of a given license and if there were to be more figures we'd hear about it at Toy Fair
This actually kind of makes sense in that everybody in the world is a "reporter" or "publisher" these days. If they give a caller an answer, then that person can go on their blog or Facebook page with an "exclusive scoop" and now the company's lost control of their marketing plan.

Now they even do the same with "legit" media outlets. Daniel Craig spent a whole day in interviews telling reporters he didn't know if he'd be back as James Bond, only to appear on Colbert's show that night and say, "Yes, I am." These days there's deals and money to be made simply from answering a question.

FWIW, I've seen the figures at TRU, Books-A-Million, 2nd And Charles and Barnes and Noble. Never once at a Target or Wal-Mart. And so far I haven't bought any of them. It's actually getting to be comical: I see the figure from a distance and think, "Oh wow, the Funko Batman figures!" Then I get close enough to touch one and think, "Eh, I'll pass." The same scenario every time, like I've never done it before. I'm in a Funko Groundhog Day.
"You were right again, Batman. We might have been killed."
"Or worse. Let's go..."
LizardKing

Post by LizardKing »

You'd think Funko would have by now said something or teased something. I am expecting the line to be over with and will be excited to be proven wrong. This had the most potential and sad to see it ending the way it is. Almost as if it never existed.
TBolt

Post by TBolt »

rickkrefft wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2018 7:09 am With the exception of Diamond Select, Tweeterhead and Figures Toy Company, the companies have handled Batman 66 terribly. Mattel never got past the big 7 or made a Batcave. Mez-Itz never released their Penguin, other Joker or unmasked Catwoman. Hot Toys screwed us on the Batmobile, Neca never made it past Batman and Robin, Lego skipped Batgirl, the talking dolls never had a second wave and NJ Croce bendable figures only made Egghead after the big 7. That’s why even with it’s many flaws I still like Figures Toy Company, they have been the most dedicated company out there. If only they’d make a Batmobile it would end up being the most complete of all 66 lines. I’d just to love to have one toy line where all the big hitters were made, as well as the Batmobile and Batcave. I was hopeful with Funko and all their talk and promises.
FTC is doing a Batcave. No word on the car.
To the Bat-Elephant!!
Dan Greenfield

Post by Dan Greenfield »

LizardKing wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2018 2:03 pm I called out 13th Dimension a little for not asking Funko point blank what is going on.
I love this assumption that I'm somehow responsible for what Funko does or does not do. I also love the assumption that I've not asked any questions.

Simply put, if I had something to report, I'd report it. If I don't, I don't. And if you think I'm going to post a story on my website rending my garments that Funko isn't being more forthcoming, you're sadly mistaken.

That's all I have to say on that score.
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

TBolt wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2018 3:42 pm I'm more of a sucker for the Mego style rather than little star wars figures so FTC spoke to me. I didn't have issues with the bodies, just fixed a few things here and there, corrected Penguin's height, green socks for Joker, slippers for the riddler, little stuff. Batgirl and Catwoman needed the most help, the female body they use sucks and the belts had to be reworked.
I am too-- but I feel like FTC misses the mark on the production end. I had Megos as a kid, I played with them, and these new FTC figures can barely stand on their own-- plus as much as I admire the amount of detail they went with on the '66 figures you touch one and something falls off--- lighter, glasses, hat. I liked the silk screened costume on the original Joker.
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

Dan Greenfield wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:06 pm
LizardKing wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2018 2:03 pm I called out 13th Dimension a little for not asking Funko point blank what is going on.
I love this assumption that I'm somehow responsible for what Funko does or does not do. I also love the assumption that I've not asked any questions.

Simply put, if I had something to report, I'd report it. If I don't, I don't. And if you think I'm going to post a story on my website rending my garments that Funko isn't being more forthcoming, you're sadly mistaken.

That's all I have to say on that score.
I won't speak for Lizard King but I think what he was expressing was more a frustration for the line. I don't think any of us blame you Dan for keeping anything from us. Really folks, it's just a TOY line. Not worth an ounce of worry. If they don't do a wave 2 we've got some neat figures from the first wave and a few cool Batmobiles.

I'm planning on trying to paint the eyebrows on my Batman figure because they really drive me crazy. New set of eyebrows, maybe a darker skin tone-- just want to try and get it closer to the mockup figure they did.