Funko!!! 4 inch figs!!!!

1966 TV show type Bat-Items found on eBay, Collectibles, etc.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
You must read the MERCHANDISE RULES before participating here.
svl

Re: Funko!!! 4 inch figs!!!!

Post by svl »

rickkrefft wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2018 2:51 am They love releasing that Batmobile over and over again, with a few minor adjustments they could turn it into the Penguin Batmobile with Penguin as the exclusive figure. At least we would have one major villain.

Or put out Joker, Penguin, Riddler and a masked Catwoman 4 pack set and call it “United Underworld”)

Egghead could be the exclusive figure with Batgirl in a Batgirl Cycle set (remember the episode she drove him on her cycle to his hideout)

There are ways to still put out some great figures besides shooting out a whole wave 2.
Here's the rub- re-releasing the Batmobile in different colors is a no-brainer because the mold is a done deal. It would cost them quite a bit of coin to release any of the "Big 3" figures (or any character that has yet to be produced) if the sculpts and especially molds aren't already done. And I have a feeling that's the case.

The Penguinmobile is a brilliant one, however. The cost of creating a Pengy fig to drop into the Mobile as a set would most likely be financially worthwhile...
LizardKing

Post by LizardKing »

Why can't Funko just come out and say the line is dead?
Therin of Andor

Post by Therin of Andor »

AndyFish wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2018 5:30 pm I'm planning on trying to paint the eyebrows on my Batman figure because they really drive me crazy...
I hear you!

Funko Catwoman brows by Ian McLean, on Flickr
rickkrefft wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:20 amNo Egghead pop should have been our very telling clue to this.
But the Batgirl was long-delayed. I was really shocked when we finally got one - I had already given up and made a custom!

And, just a few weeks ago, digitized TV Batgirl and Batman Pops! popped up. Whole new sculpts!
LizardKing wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 2:49 pm Why can't Funko just come out and say the line is dead?
Because maybe it's not?

These four "New Teen Titans" figures are amazing, but distributed in a very restricted way (two only per box of DC stuff), but at least Funko is still making figures in this scale. Thank goodness for eBay "Buy it now".

Funko New Teen Titans with Batman by Ian McLean, on Flickr
"Holy nostalgia, Batman!"
Therin of Andor

(aka Ian McLean, from Sydney, Australia)
LizardKing

Post by LizardKing »

If not dead then why the lack of info? I guess we will find out this month.
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

More like two weeks with Toy Fair starting on the 17th.
Lars Limpet

Post by Lars Limpet »

I remain optimistic about this line. Until Toy Fair 2017, we had absolutely no idea that Funko even had this line in the works. That said, I’m predicting a three pack with Joker, Penguin, and Riddler rather than a full scale wave in the traditional sense.
Crayfish

Post by Crayfish »

I figure we will know something in the next 72 hours....Toy Fair set up has already begun and with it officially starting SATURDAY who knows what someone will see and accidentally leak to the public.
John Mack

Post by John Mack »

Wave two will be:
1) Nora Clavicle
2) Minerva
3) J. Pauline Spaghetti
4) Lola Lasagna(e)
5) Little Louie Groovy
6) Emerald
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

That joke being said, I'd buy em!
Music. BAT! Music.
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

John that made me laugh out loud. The best jokes have an element of truth in them, and from a company that had us hunting down an Eli Wallach variant Mr Freeze figure I'm surprised these weren't in the first wave!
jimpagett

Post by jimpagett »

I'd get anything in the line.
jkr.jpg
jkr1.jpg
seanrt

Post by seanrt »

jimpagett wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:49 am I'd get anything in the line. jkr.jpgjkr1.jpg
Me also! I love that display with the big Pow! Did you make that? Looks cool. I want to make something similar for my figures. One advantage for S3 sets. They can give inspiration for a diorama to easily change based on villain(s) or villainess.
jimpagett

Post by jimpagett »

your so right about S3 sets! I'm really in love with S1 with the better story "balance", but most of the wacky art direction that the series is remembered for is in season 3. That black marble tile is in every season 3 story.
Crayfish

Post by Crayfish »

Well...I have a very, very sad feeling that WAVE 2 is officially cancelled now.

Funko has been doing their Toy Fair Press release photos with all the new product that will be on display tomorrow through Tuesday including 3 3/4" IT movie figures, new POPs, new Plush, new Dorbz, and series 2 of Rick and Morty action figures.

No mention of Batman '66 wave 2 figures. We will know 100% this time tomorrow.
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

Wow the success of the POP figures (ha! I typed POOP by mistake the first time-- should have left it) really boggles my mind.
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

jimpagett wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:49 am I'd get anything in the line. jkr.jpgjkr1.jpg
Jim-- where is the Joker from? Fits perfect in the scale and style of the figures.
Dig the Catman and Mad Hatter too.

All custom? What did you use for bases?