Funko!!! 4 inch figs!!!!

1966 TV show type Bat-Items found on eBay, Collectibles, etc.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
You must read the MERCHANDISE RULES before participating here.
jimpagett

Re: Funko!!! 4 inch figs!!!!

Post by jimpagett »

Hi Scott, I've PM'd answers to any questions because I've been blocked or edited but I'm gonna try to share. They are star wars stands from ebay. Search for 20 x VINTAGE STAR WARS ACTION FIGURE DISPLAY STANDS (BRAND-NEW)

I like that they are compact, clear and sturdy.
Scott Sebring
Site Admin

Post by Scott Sebring »

jimpagett wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 4:32 am Hi Scott, I've PM'd answers to any questions because I've been blocked or edited but I'm gonna try to share. They are star wars stands from ebay. Search for 20 x VINTAGE STAR WARS ACTION FIGURE DISPLAY STANDS (BRAND-NEW)

I like that they are compact, clear and sturdy.
Thanks for sharing. Don't know how you would be blocked or edited as neither Ben nor I have done so to you and we're the only two who could have done so.
???
The only admin thing I ever had to do with you was approve your first two posts as a newbie and that is long in the rear view mirror now.
Here's the link on eBay:
http://r.ebay.com/Rsu62u
jimpagett

Post by jimpagett »

Wild Surmise....
I'm working on an Eartha Kit (Meow) custom. In the process I'm deconstruction the Funko Julie. I get the head off and realize that the head, hair and cat ears are all separate pieces. (That's gonna save me some big time fabricating cat ears for Eartha) It's silly, but it strikes me strange that the cat ears were formed as separate, pegged pieces and not sculpted into the hair? Maybe it's a quality control thing where they didn't want to paint them.. Or maybe (Crazy part) Funko will use the ear mold for other catwimmin?!
LizardKing

Post by LizardKing »

I just read Toys R Us may be liquidating all of its US stores. Announcement to come on Monday. Be sad if they close. It was my go to place to get these figures in Wave 1. I know Funko sells through other retailers as well but this will be a blow to many toy companies if it happens.
Therin of Andor

Post by Therin of Andor »

jimpagett wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 4:32 am Search for 20 x VINTAGE STAR WARS ACTION FIGURE DISPLAY STANDS (BRAND-NEW)
Still confused, sorry. You said "vintage" but Scott Sebring linked to "modern". I assume the Funkos fit only one of the peg sizes?
"Holy nostalgia, Batman!"
Therin of Andor

(aka Ian McLean, from Sydney, Australia)
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

I think they call them Vintage because they fit the vintage Kenner Star Wars figures. I ordered two sets and they work great with the Funko figures. With Super7 doing Universal Monsters, Planet of the Apes and a few other great lines I'm going to order some more stands too. They work with them as well.
Therin of Andor

Post by Therin of Andor »

AndyFish wrote: Fri Mar 09, 2018 7:27 am I think they call them Vintage because they fit the vintage Kenner Star Wars figures.
I realise that. The "modern" ones do seem to have a different peg size? So it's "vintage" for the Funko line?
"Holy nostalgia, Batman!"
Therin of Andor

(aka Ian McLean, from Sydney, Australia)
LizardKing

Post by LizardKing »

LizardKing wrote: Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:07 pm I just read Toys R Us may be liquidating all of its US stores. Announcement to come on Monday. Be sad if they close. It was my go to place to get these figures in Wave 1. I know Funko sells through other retailers as well but this will be a blow to many toy companies if it happens.
Bump. I think this is going to kill off many future toy lines. Losing a huge retailer like TRU to sell your merchandise. Sad if this happens on Monday.
Keith Mayo

Post by Keith Mayo »

Stocks for Hasbro and Mattel dropped off yesterday.
"It's the very essence of our democracy". - Batman, S1 Ep 11
LizardKing

Post by LizardKing »

any updates? With TRU shutting the doors Funko just lost its biggest or one of its biggest customers. Series 2 might be dead on arrival.
Dr.Brainwave

Post by Dr.Brainwave »

LizardKing wrote: Sun Mar 18, 2018 4:27 pm any updates? With TRU shutting the doors Funko just lost its biggest or one of its biggest customers. Series 2 might be dead on arrival.
I wouldn’t worry too much about that with these figures. Here in Ohio we got the Mattel figures there but the Funko ones were never at any of the locations I visit in Northern Ohio. I bought mine through my Comic Book dealer. He was able to order them through his distributor. I have seen them in BAM and Meijer a department store chain as well.
Adam West is a legend!
Keith Mayo

Post by Keith Mayo »

I just noticed something of "variant" where Bookworm is concerned.

Top photo has flesh colored hands and lighter brown boots. Notice the book accessory is in the lower left of pic. Also the gold trim in more pronounced. Now look at the bottom pic and see that the hands are dark (gloved?), the boots are darker and the book accessory is at the top the package. Has anyone else noticed this before?
Attachments
s-l1600.jpg
s-2.jpg
"It's the very essence of our democracy". - Batman, S1 Ep 11
jimpagett

Post by jimpagett »

Hmm. It looks like the top image is a digital illustration, not a photo. Lots of the Funko Batman box art show images that were created before the figures or even prototypes were produced. Look at the images on the back of the Batmobile box for example: Catwoman has a mask, Robin has no "R" with a head sculpt that actually looks like Ward and the Batmobile is missing some of its red pinstripe.

I'm sure their are lots of other minor differences between promo art and product if you care to look.

Now where is wave 2?!
LizardKing

Post by LizardKing »

I don't believe a series 2 is coming. Makes no sense why they didn't have any on display at the toy show a few months ago. For that reason it should be clear the line was canceled. Your biggest show and you have nothing to show off 1 year after saying you'd see a series 2?
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

I agree it makes no sense to have no further news other than an Exec saying "stop worrying Wave 2 is coming". With that said, if there's a Wave 2 I'm in, if there isn't I save a $100 or so. Win either way.