Funko!!! 4 inch figs!!!!

1966 TV show type Bat-Items found on eBay, Collectibles, etc.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
You must read the MERCHANDISE RULES before participating here.
Keith Mayo

Re: Funko!!! 4 inch figs!!!!

Post by Keith Mayo »

I emailed Funko asking about Wave 2. Here's they're response:

" Funko Support (Funko)
Apr 11, 12:08 PM PDT

Thanks for reaching out to us! We're not able to provide information about potential figures in the pipeline, but I would be happy to share your request for '66 Batman action figures with my larger teams. I can also give you some insight into a few factors that allow us to create figures, if you're interested in learning more about how we work!

Beyond what fans are looking for, one of the largest factors behind what we're able to create lies in licensing rights. That's a fascinating topic in itself, and if you're interested in hearing more, our Funkast (aka our Funko podcast) recently had a segment on licensing. You can find it here, and the licensing conversation is in the first 10 minutes.
Our artist and production schedules are another big factor. Would you believe that, last year alone, we introduced over a thousand new figures across our Vinyl lines? This isn't even including existing figures that are still in production, or items from our Plush, Home, Apparel, or other product lines. We love creating new figures for fans, but the requests (and our own wishlist!) are always something we need to balance in our jam-packed art and production cycles.

We are incredibly devoted to our Funko community -- you're the reason we all love doing what we do each day -- so while I'm not able to make you any promises, I absolutely will pass your wishlist onto our licensing, art, and production teams! In the meantime, I'd recommend signing up for our newsletter if you don't already get it -- that's a great place to hear exciting product and company news!

Thank you,
The Funko Support Team "
"It's the very essence of our democracy". - Batman, S1 Ep 11
LizardKing

Post by LizardKing »

I thought 13th Dimension would press them for details. Disappointed in everyone involved. But that said we all had to know. No display at the toy show and in our hearts we knew it was done. Not getting the main heels sucks. Bat Cave play set too.
jimpagett

Post by jimpagett »

jokers finished. Not doing pinstripes, makes figure too fragile. The others are halfway there .
Attachments
low.jpg
P.N. Gwynn

Post by P.N. Gwynn »

LizardKing wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 12:26 pm I thought 13th Dimension would press them for details. Disappointed in everyone involved. But that said we all had to know. No display at the toy show and in our hearts we knew it was done. Not getting the main heels sucks. Bat Cave play set too.
We knew, and then his flippant comment telling us to calm down was what's been sitting poorly with me for 2 months. I'm sorry, we are adults... he should have just said nothing then.
Crayfish

Post by Crayfish »

I hate to put it like this but this has nothing to do with toys or with "just business".

Reis O'Brien simply spouted off something that wasn't true to "shut up" collectors from bad mouthing the brand because they wanting to go in another direction instead of continuing on with wave 2.

It is my damn right to have an opinion and to question a company when they promise us one things in the beginning and don't deliver.

It was a business decision to make it seem like there would be a series 2...from the beginning....it got more people to buy series 1....plain and simple. Let's tell them what they want to hear and then they will go buy this series of figures then we can move on to our next licensee.

Is it a business decision...yes.

Is it honest...not really.

Is it right....hell no.

Will we get over it...of course.

Now the important question:

Are some of the licensors seeing and hearing about this?

You bet they are and Funko is not the giant everyone is making them out to be. People are at Toy Fair laughing behind Brian Mariotti's back. Licensors are hearing what the average consumer are saying about them. People want lines that grow and last...not one and done crapt. Like I said earlier...Funko is the 21st century version of Shocker Toys. They have failed on other promises they made on additional lines of figures and Pops.

Your move Reis and Brian.
jimpagett

Post by jimpagett »

Thanks for sharing the indignation at being lied to.
vintagematt

Post by vintagematt »

;) This just makes me want to gather all of my funko products and burn them I a fire and dance around it shouting "FUNKO RELEASE THE EVIL FROM MY HOUSE!" But I guess I'll hold I that urge ;)
"Batman told him a super funny joke. When the creature didn't laugh, that was proof!"
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

jimpagett wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 1:33 pm jokers finished. Not doing pinstripes, makes figure too fragile. The others are halfway there .
These are really nicely done, Jim!
Keith Mayo

Post by Keith Mayo »

28dq37.jpg
"It's the very essence of our democracy". - Batman, S1 Ep 11
Bookworm

Post by Bookworm »

Honestly, that response from Funko looks like a form letter they send to everyone with suggestions. There may be no wave 2, but I don’t think that email means anything.
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

Bookworm wrote: Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:28 pm Honestly, that response from Funko looks like a form letter they send to everyone with suggestions. There may be no wave 2, but I don’t think that email means anything.
It definitely is-- prior to Wave 1 I had a contact at the company who answered questions with a personal response. Post Wave 1 all I get with my few inquiries is this same form letter.

Life goes on whether there's another Wave or not. Meanwhile, Super7 released their vintage style Planet of the Apes this week and they are a lot of fun. Boy I would have loved these as a kid.
Therin of Andor

Post by Therin of Andor »

jimpagett wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 1:33 pm jokers finished. Not doing pinstripes, makes figure too fragile. The others are halfway there .
Commencing the customizing of two new “Batman ‘66” action figures myself. The base figures include #ReAction Buffy Summers (“Buffy the Vampire Slayer”), Gracie Law (“Big Trouble in Little China”) and David Nix (“Tomorrowland”). More progress pics to come!

Funko ReAction customs by Ian McLean, on Flickr
"Holy nostalgia, Batman!"
Therin of Andor

(aka Ian McLean, from Sydney, Australia)
seanrt

Post by seanrt »

AndyFish wrote: Fri Apr 20, 2018 2:12 pm
Bookworm wrote: Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:28 pm Honestly, that response from Funko looks like a form letter they send to everyone with suggestions. There may be no wave 2, but I don’t think that email means anything.
It definitely is-- prior to Wave 1 I had a contact at the company who answered questions with a personal response. Post Wave 1 all I get with my few inquiries is this same form letter.

Life goes on whether there's another Wave or not. Meanwhile, Super7 released their vintage style Planet of the Apes this week and they are a lot of fun. Boy I would have loved these as a kid.
Same here! I got the entire first wave. They are perfect. My Cornelius had different length legs and Super7 already has a replacement in the mail (something Funko wouldn’t do for my messed up Robin) I love we already know what Wave 2 will be, I hope we get some of the old school play sets remade for this line.
jimpagett

Post by jimpagett »

Me too! Wow an Ape city playset with the bridge to hang taylor from?! Or the subway cathedral.
I like how fast Super7 gets the stuff out in the mail also. The Apes are very cute toys, but the likenesses are general (Cornelius looks more like a pigmy marmoset than Roddy McDowall)

Was that an Olga, Queen of the Cossack's I saw Therin work'n on? Ann Baxter was lovely. Now there is a set that I'd love to see; All the hot women that passed through the show. (I'm sure I'd lick the paint off Siren ;)

Kind'a sent a mixed message to us young males - All the bad guys had the girls.
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

If you compare the likeness of their apes to what Mego did in the 70s it's pretty close. Ursus is the best figure of the first wave and ditto Jim's comment on shipping, I ordered a set on Wednesday and they were here on Friday.

I love Super7.