Funko!!! 4 inch figs!!!!

1966 TV show type Bat-Items found on eBay, Collectibles, etc.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
You must read the MERCHANDISE RULES before participating here.
Therin of Andor

Re: Funko!!! 4 inch figs!!!!

Post by Therin of Andor »

AndyFish wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 12:40 pm They're making the big three villains plus Batman and Robin...
Photos 2 and 3:
https://thefwoosh.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=98617
"Holy nostalgia, Batman!"
Therin of Andor

(aka Ian McLean, from Sydney, Australia)
rickkrefft

Post by rickkrefft »

I really hope Mezco makes Riddler.
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

Mezco does good work but they are all over the place with licenses-- they're a lot like Neca, which many years ago made a single Gorilla Soldier mega-like figure and that was it for the line. I think Batman looks so much better in this line even though the colors are off-- we don't have that doughy "dad" body this time-- but I'd be surprised if they went to a 2nd or 3rd series on these. We would have been better off if Super7 got the license, but this is all conjecture.
LizardKing

Post by LizardKing »

The 66 craze looks to have run its course for merchandising. The Funko fail took the wind out of my sails. Mattel was a dud. The one toy company made a bunch of different figures but they looked awful IMO.
BATWINGED HORNET

Post by BATWINGED HORNET »

LizardKing wrote: Sun Feb 16, 2020 3:05 pm The 66 craze looks to have run its course for merchandising. The Funko fail took the wind out of my sails. Mattel was a dud. The one toy company made a bunch of different figures but they looked awful IMO.
I agree, and to be honest, much of it was not that good, or companies were making '66 products in formats or subjects no one ever really asked for.

By far, the best of the '66 merchandising were the Hot Toys figures--they are not completely flawless, but that attention to realism & detail will stand the test of time.
I would give a nod to Mattel's 1:18 diecast Batmobile, but it was never a true 1:18 scale model, especially when placed next to other cars at that scale (e.g., The Black Beauty, the Monkeemoile, etc.), which are compatible with each other, leaving the Mattel Batmobile the odd car out. If only some company would finally produce the car in the proper 1:18 scale...but I believe that ship (and interest) has sailed.
Beneath Wayne Manor
rickkrefft

Post by rickkrefft »

Mezco teased a pic from ToyFair their Batman 4” line now includes Batman, Robin, Joker, Penguin, Catwoman, Suited Riddler, Alfred, a Batmobile and a Batcave. See the pic on their FB page. They seem way more committed to 66 than Funko. If these sell well I think we will get One:12 versions of Adam and Burt.
Jimmy L. 66

Post by Jimmy L. 66 »

https://www.facebook.com/MezcoToyz/vide ... 841051246/
That appears to be concept art for the cave, but I'm all in on this collection.
Is there a release date yet?
rickkrefft

Post by rickkrefft »

I think Summer 2020. Yes I doubt the Batcave shown is the final piece. I do think it will be cardboard though and not plastic. Only error I see on the figures is a mask on Riddler. Suited Riddler never wore a mask. I hope they fix that or at least put in an extra head.
Lou Szabo

Post by Lou Szabo »

In case you are not on facebook
1669CDFA-262A-4F7E-BC7E-707235D722AE.jpeg
Some days you just can't get rid of a ... SHARK!
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

As a non and never FB'er thanks for posting it Lou.
Looks like a bad digital opening to an 80s video game. We should get some real life shots at Toy Fair next week.