Funko!!! 4 inch figs!!!!

1966 TV show type Bat-Items found on eBay, Collectibles, etc.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
You must read the MERCHANDISE RULES before participating here.
Therin of Andor

Re: Funko!!! 4 inch figs!!!!

Post by Therin of Andor »

Crayfish wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 12:13 pm So in reality....Funko will never tell us this line is cancelled because they want us coming back to buy their other crapt products.
You can't call the recent "New Teen Titans" figures "stuff". They are stunningly made. What was interesting is Funko finding new ways to distribute such figures, as a viable alternative to peg-hanging in bricks 'n' mortar stores. I can easily see Funko doing a four-pack of '66 Bat villains, for example, or as sets of two like the "Titans".

Funko New Teen Titans with Batman by Ian McLean, on Flickr
"Holy nostalgia, Batman!"
Therin of Andor

(aka Ian McLean, from Sydney, Australia)
jimpagett

Post by jimpagett »

i lov when u talk like that
P.N. Gwynn

Post by P.N. Gwynn »

Sadly, I watch Reis O'Brien's Twitter daily... and Batman '66 mentions seem to annoy him. He only likes peddling his Satanism products, so I have less than a percent belief we are getting any additional figures.
rickkrefft

Post by rickkrefft »

I'd love 3 more waves of figures, but I'd feel complete and thrilled and satisfied with just getting Penguin, Riddler, Egghead, Joker and a Batcave. If Funko can at least find a way to get these out I'd be on cloud 9.
Keith Mayo

Post by Keith Mayo »

I'd be satisfied with the Joker, the Penguin and the Riddler myself. The Batcave would be great too.
"It's the very essence of our democracy". - Batman, S1 Ep 11
TBolt

Post by TBolt »

P.N. Gwynn wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 3:36 pm Sadly, I watch Reis O'Brien's Twitter daily... and Batman '66 mentions seem to annoy him. He only likes peddling his Satanism products, so I have less than a percent belief we are getting any additional figures.
Out of curiosity, what are "Satanism" products?
To the Bat-Elephant!!
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

TBolt wrote: Sat May 26, 2018 2:25 pm
P.N. Gwynn wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 3:36 pm Sadly, I watch Reis O'Brien's Twitter daily... and Batman '66 mentions seem to annoy him. He only likes peddling his Satanism products, so I have less than a percent belief we are getting any additional figures.
Yeah I was kinda curious myself.
LizardKing

Post by LizardKing »

He's making figures of beasts with horns and symbols on their body including the pentagram. Could be from some comic called Son of Satan. I just looked at his twitter. If this guys in charge we are screwed. I wonder if he made the call to make all those different colored batmobiles nobody wanted vs figures that would have sold better.
P.N. Gwynn

Post by P.N. Gwynn »

AndyFish wrote: Mon May 28, 2018 8:46 am
TBolt wrote: Sat May 26, 2018 2:25 pm
Yeah I was kinda curious myself.
As LizardKing mentioned, he is making figures with Pentagrams on them - this isn't just design stuff. He is a legitimate Satan worshipper. While I am pretty ok with what people do in the privacy of their own home that doesn't hurt children or people with disabilities, it's still kind of surprising. He legit loves Satan and follows Anton LaVey, etc. I wouldn't expect Funko, as a major corporation, to allow someone to espouse any religious beliefs with Funko in their info line, whether it's Christian, Buddhist, Satanist, whatever. He puts prominently the company and his position. There is ZERO talk of Batman '66 and he doesn't seem to show much interest, except when he told people to basically crawl back in their holes and stop asking 3 1/2 months ago. So, here we are...
John Mack

Post by John Mack »

Strong with this one the dark side is...
Attachments
yoda.jpg
Music. BAT! Music.
Jimmy L. 66

Post by Jimmy L. 66 »

I just watched " Making Fun", the Funko doc on Netflix.
the 6' multi colored Batman figures from the Funko store windows are in Brian Mariotti's office during his interview.
I'm sure it does not speak to any progress or commitment, but Ithe was cool to see them in the background.
Crayfish

Post by Crayfish »

So what will his excuse and/or response be come September when there is no info on wave 2 since he said they would be out "this summer".

NOTHING

I said it before....he and Funko fed us a line to get us to buy wave 1.....no intent on future waves.
P.N. Gwynn

Post by P.N. Gwynn »

Crayfish wrote: Wed Jun 06, 2018 8:05 am So what will his excuse and/or response be come September when there is no info on wave 2 since he said they would be out "this summer".

NOTHING

I said it before....he and Funko fed us a line to get us to buy wave 1.....no intent on future waves.
If I had to guess, he'd tell people to calm down and Hail Satan... but that's just a guess...
tenderheart bear

Post by tenderheart bear »

I still don't get the whole Satanism comments.

Isn't it just likely that wave 2 was planned but poor sales of wave 1 put an end to that idea? We can argue about why wave 1 didn't perform as well as hoped. Poor character selection, retail distribution, '66 Batman being a niche market or whatever.

There may even have been plans to release wave 2 anyway, and use the profits from another line to offset the losses. Ultimately someone somewhere has decided to quietly cancel the collection without making any kind of announcement. No company likes to admit failures and it's not the first time a toyline has come to a halt when you thought it might last forever.

We shouldn't take it personally.
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

tenderheart bear wrote: Wed Jun 06, 2018 11:14 pm I still don't get the whole Satanism comments.

Isn't it just likely that wave 2 was planned but poor sales of wave 1 put an end to that idea? We can argue about why wave 1 didn't perform as well as hoped. Poor character selection, retail distribution, '66 Batman being a niche market or whatever.

There may even have been plans to release wave 2 anyway, and use the profits from another line to offset the losses. Ultimately someone somewhere has decided to quietly cancel the collection without making any kind of announcement. No company likes to admit failures and it's not the first time a toyline has come to a halt when you thought it might last forever.

We shouldn't take it personally.
X1000%