Funko!!! 4 inch figs!!!!

1966 TV show type Bat-Items found on eBay, Collectibles, etc.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
You must read the MERCHANDISE RULES before participating here.
P.N. Gwynn

Re: Funko!!! 4 inch figs!!!!

Post by P.N. Gwynn »

LizardKing wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:50 pm
P.N. Gwynn wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 6:50 pm
AndyFish wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 6:38 pmNothing
So I guess Reis O'Brien was just getting me off his back again. This is unbelievable...
Did you donate to his charity? This has gotten so pathetic that I'm finally over it.
I asked him what his charity of choice was, but he never responded. I donate to several on a personal level, so it's basically no different, but if he had had a cause, I would have. I guess he didn't respond because it wouldn't have been right for the nothingness that was about to come...
LizardKing

Post by LizardKing »

Super7 or bust now.
Jimmy L. 66

Post by Jimmy L. 66 »

Everyone at funko booth tells me no more.
Enjoy the ones you have.:(
Dave, and owner len.
Oh well.
They said super seven has reaction line now, might not do batman.
P.N. Gwynn

Post by P.N. Gwynn »

batrunner1966 wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:34 pm Everyone at funko booth tells me no more.
Enjoy the ones you have.:(
Dave, and owner len.
Oh well.
They said super seven has reaction line now, might not do batman.
I will never understand why Reis O’Brien first pulled the fact of telling everyone to shut up and calm down ... then just flat out lied to me. What benefit did he get doing this? Crushing news - my favorite format of the figures.
John Mack

Post by John Mack »

Such is life....thanks to all who checked on these.
Music. BAT! Music.
rickkrefft

Post by rickkrefft »

Huge let down. I will never buy another Funko product again. They've been stringing us along for over a year. At least now we have closure in knowing we don't have to keep hoping and can move on. Same with Hot Toys. We will never see a Batmobile from them.
rickkrefft

Post by rickkrefft »

Our only hope now for anything new 1966 is Diamond Select Toys, Tweeterhead and Figures Toy Company.
Keith Mayo

Post by Keith Mayo »

rickkrefft wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 5:44 am Our only hope now for anything new 1966 is Diamond Select Toys, Tweeterhead and Figures Toy Company.
Mego has plans for DC characters but not sure about "our" Batman.
"It's the very essence of our democracy". - Batman, S1 Ep 11
rickkrefft

Post by rickkrefft »

With Figures Toy Company doing 1966 in 8” that most likely means Mego can’t make them. However, they could make 14” Batman 1966 if they wanted to. So far the DC that Mego has offered have all been 14” scale because FTC owns 8” and 12” rights to DC. Then again, Hot Toys does 12” DC so there may be a way around it.
Crayfish

Post by Crayfish »

I have cancelled my pre-orders for the It Movie figures from Amazon. I can't respect Funko enough to buy their products now.

Here is the deal:

Back when the Lone Ranger movie (with Johnny Depp) came out, NECA was going to do a line of 3 3/4" Lone Ranger movie figures (Line Ranger, Tonto, Butch Cavendish) along with their horses. They showed them at Toy Fair and then again at SDCC. Not much was said but people wanted them badly. Eventually NECA gave a definitive honest answer stating that the video sales were not great and retailer interest had dropped so they canned those figures. Big disappointment...but here is the kicker...I did get over and respected NECA for their honesty. They even admitted it never got to the production level. HONESTY.

This same thing has happened with other toy companies who admitted the reasons why a certain line of toys were cancelled or not moved forward with. HONESTY

Reis O'Brien has blatantly stated publicly on Twitter and publicly on the 13th Dimension website that:
1. The figures were definitely coming.
2. The figures would be out this summer.
3. The figures are sculpted and at the factory with a delay.

DISHONESTY

The figures have never hit the factory production phase. Maybe he doesn't take failed attempts very well. Maybe he doesn't take criticism very well. Maybe they did get sculpted....since we aren't getting the wave you could have given us some information on who was going to be in it. Don't just bury it like it never existed.

The truth of the matter is if he wanted to be public face of the company and be transparent about future plans...he should have been transparent enough that when those future plans did not pan out...he should have given an honest and definitive answer. Not held the hopes up of people who are passionate about this.

I only signed up at this forum when the figures were announced as that was something I wanted for a long time. I figure I will fade away posting here until one day another company tries their hand at making 3 3/4" to 4" Batman 66 figures.

I have posted this on other toy forums and I get more backlash than support. Most people say we are acting all "entitled". Some people are saying that companies have the right to tell you whatever they want to get you to buy their stuff...it is "good business".

I just don't' want to do business with them if they can't at least be truthful.
vintagematt

Post by vintagematt »

I agree, since they obviously will never be produced, please, PLEASE, at least show us the prototypes!!! That is assuming they ever sculpted a second wave of figures....
"Batman told him a super funny joke. When the creature didn't laugh, that was proof!"
Crayfish

Post by Crayfish »

THE BATPHONE! wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 11:00 am I agree, since they obviously will never be produced, please, PLEASE, at least show us the prototypes!!! That is assuming they ever sculpted a second wave of figures....
Reis said they were sculpted....and he would never lie to us would he?
ChAnOoD

Post by ChAnOoD »

Really bad news. And yes, Crayfish, when I asked NECA for some figures (like the Clinging Batman & Robin Bobbleheads that never became available) they answered and told the reason why they weren´t made. Let´s see if Reis tells the truth in the near future.
Keith Mayo

Post by Keith Mayo »

ChAnOoD wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 11:39 am Really bad news. And yes, Crayfish, when I asked NECA for some figures (like the Clinging Batman & Robin Bobbleheads that never became available) they answered and told the reason why they weren´t made. Let´s see if Reis tells the truth in the near future.
Have him swear on a satanic bible.
"It's the very essence of our democracy". - Batman, S1 Ep 11
P.N. Gwynn

Post by P.N. Gwynn »

Crayfish wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:52 am I have cancelled my pre-orders for the It Movie figures from Amazon. I can't respect Funko enough to buy their products now.

Here is the deal:

Back when the Lone Ranger movie (with Johnny Depp) came out, NECA was going to do a line of 3 3/4" Lone Ranger movie figures (Line Ranger, Tonto, Butch Cavendish) along with their horses. They showed them at Toy Fair and then again at SDCC. Not much was said but people wanted them badly. Eventually NECA gave a definitive honest answer stating that the video sales were not great and retailer interest had dropped so they canned those figures. Big disappointment...but here is the kicker...I did get over and respected NECA for their honesty. They even admitted it never got to the production level. HONESTY.

This same thing has happened with other toy companies who admitted the reasons why a certain line of toys were cancelled or not moved forward with. HONESTY

Reis O'Brien has blatantly stated publicly on Twitter and publicly on the 13th Dimension website that:
1. The figures were definitely coming.
2. The figures would be out this summer.
3. The figures are sculpted and at the factory with a delay.

DISHONESTY

The figures have never hit the factory production phase. Maybe he doesn't take failed attempts very well. Maybe he doesn't take criticism very well. Maybe they did get sculpted....since we aren't getting the wave you could have given us some information on who was going to be in it. Don't just bury it like it never existed.

The truth of the matter is if he wanted to be public face of the company and be transparent about future plans...he should have been transparent enough that when those future plans did not pan out...he should have given an honest and definitive answer. Not held the hopes up of people who are passionate about this.

I only signed up at this forum when the figures were announced as that was something I wanted for a long time. I figure I will fade away posting here until one day another company tries their hand at making 3 3/4" to 4" Batman 66 figures.

I have posted this on other toy forums and I get more backlash than support. Most people say we are acting all "entitled". Some people are saying that companies have the right to tell you whatever they want to get you to buy their stuff...it is "good business".

I just don't' want to do business with them if they can't at least be truthful.

I could not have said this better myself... thank you! To me, the dismissal at Toy Fair to the entire '66 fanbase (everyone calm down - sit down and shut up basically) by him is even worse than him personally lying to me on Twitter with the direct question. It's disgusting and I'm done with Funko as well. I spend into the thousands on Super 7 every year - they are the only hope now.