Funko!!! 4 inch figs!!!!

1966 TV show type Bat-Items found on eBay, Collectibles, etc.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
You must read the MERCHANDISE RULES before participating here.
mwilbury

Re: Funko!!! 4 inch figs!!!!

Post by mwilbury »

Hedji wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2017 11:21 am I am all in, but can anyone confirm whether these are 4 inch or 3.75 inch scale?
Next time I'm in Target, I'll try to measure Funko's Game of Thrones figures, as we might expect the human characters to be in the same scale.
Therin of Andor

Post by Therin of Andor »

mwilbury wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2017 10:04 pm Next time I'm in Target, I'll try to measure Funko's Game of Thrones figures, as we might expect the human characters to be in the same scale.
I have a juvenile "Game of Thrones" figure here, Ygritte. It seems that the regular humans are 4 inches tall.
"Holy nostalgia, Batman!"
Therin of Andor

(aka Ian McLean, from Sydney, Australia)
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

I really like what FTC has done but for some reason there's a disconnect for me with the figures. They are difficult to display because they take up a lot of room, you move Bookworm, his glasses fall off, you move Penguin his cigarette holder falls out and his shirt gets untucked or some other nonsense I shouldn't be complaining about. They're also getting more and more expensive-- at $30 a pop plus shipping that's a lot of money on that shelf.

The Funko are 1/3 the price, 1/2 the size and the action figure line I was hoping for from the start. The Mattel line never did it for me-- the figures are delicate and the joints were weak. The Batmobile is monsterous-- cool for sure, but so big it takes up a whole shelf itself. The Funko one is going to be great.

Maybe it's psychological; As a kid I loved my Megos when I was about 7-8-- but the play value fell off because they couldn't handle the abuse I'd inflict on them-- losing gloves, boots and the fraying etc. When the 3 3/4 inch Comic Action figures came out those were much more fun to me because they could take it. That Exploding Bridge set was one of my favorite toys ever-- you roll the Batmobile over it while your Joker tries to hit the switch to blow the bridge up while Batman and Robin plummet the 2" to their apparent doom! Will they survive? Sure thing. They could even survive the trauma of being buried in the yard, a quick wash and they were nearly as good as new.

But what a great time it is-- the license is still producing some great stuff-- we've gotten multiple figure sets at different price points, statues, cowls, belts, even the Batcave itself thanks to Lego. We should celebrate the diversity of the lines!
Jimmy L. 66

Post by Jimmy L. 66 »

Ecept for the Neca 1/4 scaleI thought I was done, turns out I need to open that wallet a lil wilder.
rickkrefft

Post by rickkrefft »

I agree with Andy about FTC. I love my FTC dolls, they display well but they are not action figures IMO. You can't play with them without them breaking something off. The female bodies are 100% unplayable. They can't stand straight. It takes an hour to get their hair somewhat decent by cutting and styling (Batgirl never had curly hair past her @$$) and the only way to get them to stand straight is with a stand and you can't touch them or the pose you spent 15 minutes getting them in is gone. The male figures are more playable but even they are limited.

Neca and Hot Toys also fall in this category. The Hot Toys pose well and are playable but with the cost of these I don't because I am scared I'll put a run in their tights so they pretty much stay as display purposes only. Neca joints are very hard to pose so play is limited there as well.

Mattel is the only action figures I've enjoyed having fun with, but not enough characters.

If Funko really produces as much as FTC has and builds on the shows deep character list, and hopefully makes a Batcave it will be the best 66 toy line of all. Figures look great so far from what I've seen. Price is decent. Play value is fantastic. I have not been so excited about a product in the Batman 66 license (except maybe for Tweeterhead) till Funko showed these. If this is the end of 66 products, then thanks to Funko, it is going out with a bang.
Therin of Andor

Post by Therin of Andor »

I was content with just the Mattel figures, but when the FTC line announced its King Tut and Egghead, I was a goner. I can't believe there have been so many 8" figures now and, of course, I've also ended up customizing all my favourites that FTC didn't have a license for, plus a few obvious extras when appropriate outfits of heads came my way!

I'm sure I'll end up getting the Funko 4" line, although I kinda wish they were in scale with my ReAction and Biff!Bang!Pow! figures for other shows. I don't think I could stand only getting the characters not already released by Mattel.
"Holy nostalgia, Batman!"
Therin of Andor

(aka Ian McLean, from Sydney, Australia)
Boy Wonder

Post by Boy Wonder »

Okay, don't be throwing stones at me because I will most likely buy this entire set BUT,...
Why do they look so stubby?
John Mack

Post by John Mack »

Boy Wonder wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2017 2:11 am Okay, don't be throwing stones at me because I will most likely buy this entire set BUT,...
Why do they look so stubby?
No stones, I promise. Good observation. It's Funko, check it out...talk about stubby lol
Attachments
7155ohNiwpL._SL1050_.jpg
Music. BAT! Music.
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

Yeah it's a style thing with them, stubby or think like the old ReAction line. I like this body type even better than the ReAction because stubby means sturdy and they'll stand on their own.
WishItWas1984

Post by WishItWas1984 »

The action figure line they have, like the ReAction line, are pretty awesome when the designs stand out. They are a nod to vintage Kenner Star Wars, Remco Universal Monsters, etc.. figures from back in the day. When things were simple, cool, cheap and looked just enough like the character to know who it is right away.
BATWINGED HORNET

Post by BATWINGED HORNET »

Interesting. The regular series Batman's ears (from the angle in the Batmobile) seem a little '43 serial in shape.

I wonder of the packaging will break the branding art created for most recent '66 products. It would be cool to have photo backing cards like the original Kenner Star Wars figures.
Beneath Wayne Manor
mwilbury

Post by mwilbury »

BATWINGED HORNET wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2017 4:21 pm Interesting. The regular series Batman's ears (from the angle in the Batmobile) seem a little '43 serial in shape.

I wonder of the packaging will break the branding art created for most recent '66 products. It would be cool to have photo backing cards like the original Kenner Star Wars figures.
Seems that they re-used the screen test sculpt on the regular Batman for these prototypes. I trust the final version will use the same head that you see on the lifesize figure at their booth... it's very good and seems to match the (very tiny) digital mockups they showed prior to toy fair.

Good obervation about the retro packaging. I'm not holding my breath for photos to be prominently featured, but that would be very cool.
TBolt

Post by TBolt »

BATWINGED HORNET wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2017 4:21 pm Interesting. The regular series Batman's ears (from the angle in the Batmobile) seem a little '43 serial in shape.

FTC skipped the WB clip art for its packaging, all photos.
To the Bat-Elephant!!
Jimmy L. 66

Post by Jimmy L. 66 »

I cannot wait for this line, Here are some things I noticed.
Screen test batman has wrong eyebrows, regular series batman has wrong ears. It appears to be same head on both figures.
What line are the 2 Riddlers and Penguin from.? You can see the different legs on the shelf behind Bookworm.
Another set of 66 figures?
I'm in!
Attachments
IMG_2071.jpg
IMG_1910-2.jpg
IMG_2090.jpg
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

The long eared Batman in the Batmobile is a rough mockup-- you can see the sloppy paint in the closeup. The "real" regular Batman will be tooled from the same mold that did the lifesize.

As for the Riddlers and the Penguin-- those look like Imaginext figures-- which is a different company. While I wasn't at Toy Fair this year, I have been in the past, and sometimes this is done to represent what figures will be in the line that have not been mocked up yet-- and since they stand on the same shelf with the other '66 figures I bet that's the case here.

Remember Toy Fair is for BUYERS only-- retail buyers-- it's not open to the general public and isn't intended to gauge consumer interest, it's to get stores to buy their wares, so having figures there to represent upcoming figures is often done to assure retailers that tier one villains will be coming in the next wave.

I spoke to a source I have at Funko and they said to expect a lot more than we can possibly imagine for this line in terms of figures and "extras" they did not elaborate but I passed along that we can imagine a lot-- they steadfastly assured me we will not be disappointed.