Funko!!! 4 inch figs!!!!

1966 TV show type Bat-Items found on eBay, Collectibles, etc.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
You must read the MERCHANDISE RULES before participating here.
P.N. Gwynn

Re: Funko!!! 4 inch figs!!!!

Post by P.N. Gwynn »

Keith Mayo wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 3:25 pm
ChAnOoD wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 11:39 am Really bad news. And yes, Crayfish, when I asked NECA for some figures (like the Clinging Batman & Robin Bobbleheads that never became available) they answered and told the reason why they weren´t made. Let´s see if Reis tells the truth in the near future.
Have him swear on a satanic bible.
This made me laugh - good stuff!
Therin of Andor

Post by Therin of Andor »

A friend just spotted this at SDCC 2018:

Black Chrome exclusive Batmobile at SDCC 2018 by Ian McLean, on Flickr
"Holy nostalgia, Batman!"
Therin of Andor

(aka Ian McLean, from Sydney, Australia)
John Mack

Post by John Mack »

There needs to be an SDCC thread. People interested in this Jada Batmobile will never see it in a Funko thread guys!
Music. BAT! Music.
Therin of Andor

John Mack wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:06 pm There needs to be an SDCC thread. People interested in this Jada Batmobile will never see it in a Funko thread guys!
Happy to move it, but I figured it was still of interest to Funko buyers.
Therin of Andor

Crayfish

Post by Crayfish »

I just realized something:

Since Funko went to the slightly more articulated model of figures than their old 5 POA ReAction that went to Super7.....no line has had more than one wave.

Game of Thrones
Suicide Squad
Stranger Things
Batman 66
Twin Peaks
Ready Player One

I figure that It and WOW figures will stop at wave one.

Reis O'Brien seems to have major ADD and lose interest in lines really quickly. Remember how excited he sounded in that Podcast that was released. He lost interest and has moved on. So if you find a figure line made by Funko in the future...you better hope the figures you want get made in wave 1.

Does Funko have any type of panel at SDCC this weekend?
LizardKing

Post by LizardKing »

Crayfish wrote: Fri Jul 20, 2018 5:06 am I just realized something:

Since Funko went to the slightly more articulated model of figures than their old 5 POA ReAction that went to Super7.....no line has had more than one wave.

Game of Thrones
Suicide Squad
Stranger Things
Batman 66
Twin Peaks
Ready Player One

I figure that It and WOW figures will stop at wave one.

Reis O'Brien seems to have major ADD and lose interest in lines really quickly. Remember how excited he sounded in that Podcast that was released. He lost interest and has moved on. So if you find a figure line made by Funko in the future...you better hope the figures you want get made in wave 1.

Does Funko have any type of panel at SDCC this weekend?
I think we all assumed that since they held off making Joker, Riddler, and Penguin that a 2nd wave was all but certain. I do recall the podcast where he talked about the line. Unsatisfactory end to all this. About the only word to describe it.
BATWINGED HORNET

Post by BATWINGED HORNET »

I am a bit surprised at some of the hostile reactions to the end of Funko's Bat/66 line. Toy lines come and go, with most being short lived thanks to a lack of sales. No one would ever make a 1970s/80s Kenner-like investment in a figure line based on such a niche interest like the '66 TV series, so expectations (no matter what anyone from the company said) should have been low, and consider it lucky to have the figures that were released at all.
Beneath Wayne Manor
Keith Mayo

Post by Keith Mayo »

BATWINGED HORNET wrote: Fri Jul 20, 2018 8:27 am I am a bit surprised at some of the hostile reactions to the end of Funko's Bat/66 line. Toy lines come and go, with most being short lived thanks to a lack of sales. No one would ever make a 1970s/80s Kenner-like investment in a figure line based on such a niche interest like the '66 TV series, so expectations (no matter what anyone from the company said) should have been low, and consider it lucky to have the figures that were released at all.
The angst felt by collectors has nothing to do with toy lines coming and going, nor whether we're a niche interest. No, it has to do with being bald faced lied to and then totally ignored when asking for information.

"Funko senior designer Reis O’Brien has left a comment confirming that there will be a Wave 2 — and that it will be out this summer". Mr. O'Brien is not to be trusted in the future.
https://13thdimension.com/funko-says-ba ... is-summer/
"It's the very essence of our democracy". - Batman, S1 Ep 11
BATWINGED HORNET

Post by BATWINGED HORNET »

Keith Mayo wrote: Fri Jul 20, 2018 9:05 am
BATWINGED HORNET wrote: Fri Jul 20, 2018 8:27 am I am a bit surprised at some of the hostile reactions to the end of Funko's Bat/66 line. Toy lines come and go, with most being short lived thanks to a lack of sales. No one would ever make a 1970s/80s Kenner-like investment in a figure line based on such a niche interest like the '66 TV series, so expectations (no matter what anyone from the company said) should have been low, and consider it lucky to have the figures that were released at all.
The angst felt by collectors has nothing to do with toy lines coming and going, nor whether we're a niche interest. No, it has to do with being bald faced lied to and then totally ignored when asking for information.

"Funko senior designer Reis O’Brien has left a comment confirming that there will be a Wave 2 — and that it will be out this summer". Mr. O'Brien is not to be trusted in the future.
https://13thdimension.com/funko-says-ba ... is-summer/
Companies do that. It may not be the best business practice, but an announced toy line is not an obligation. Many reasons are behind a line not continuing, and in this case, if it was not even at the production stage, there's no loss for something that was never going to see the light of day. It would be understandable if Funko took pre-orders, dropped the line and failed to refund customers' money, but nothing so egregious happened here. It was an announcement, the line ended, and that's that. No one was hurt.
Beneath Wayne Manor
Crayfish

Post by Crayfish »

I am hearing that Reis was at SDCC but not representing Funko... but representing his own toy company called Bimtoy that makes tiny little vinyl ghost.

https://bimtoy.com

This is kind of weird for someone who is supposed to be a senior product designer for Funko.

Maybe the real person we need to be asking about the Batman 1966 figure line is Funko CEO Brian Mariotti, Funko President Andrew Perlmutter, or Funko VP of Creative Ben Butcher.
John Mack

Post by John Mack »

Sure, why not? Let us know.
Music. BAT! Music.
Therin of Andor

The waiting for a Funko Wave 2 announcement was killing me...Then I found a Bookworm at a deep discount price...

My new Funko custom Riddler by Ian McLean, on Flickr
Therin of Andor

Monstar

Post by Monstar »

Between the first wave of Batman ’66 POP figures (2013) and the second (2017) there was a multi year gap. Same with Masters of the Universe (again 2013 and 2017).

So who knows. Maybe the line is done, maybe it isn’t Not trying to give anyone false hope just stating a fact.
batrunner1966 wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:34 pm Everyone at funko booth tells me no more.
Enjoy the ones you have.:(
Dave, and owner len.
Oh well.
They said super seven has reaction line now, might not do batman.
...You mean Lev? He’s the owner of Toy Tokyo not Funko. Funko has took over the TT space a few years back and now they have a working relationship.

Brian is the owner of Funko.
ChAnOoD

Post by ChAnOoD »

I guess we´ll have to wait if they say anything about the line. I couldn´t get the Marvel toys back then (didn´t sell them widely here), so I´d like to get the main villains from this collection.
Therin of Andor

Mmmm. A friend who often subscribes to those Mystery Boxes just told me there is supposed to be a Funko "Batman '66" mystery box due sometime soon. He was thinking there would be a "Pop!" variant inside, but it made me remember the recent mystery box that contained two of four possible "New Titan" action figures (Nightwing, Starfire, Cyborg, Raven).

Could a mystery box be the way Riddler, Joker and Penguin finally make it onto the scene?
Therin of Andor