Funko!!! 4 inch figs!!!!

1966 TV show type Bat-Items found on eBay, Collectibles, etc.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
You must read the MERCHANDISE RULES before participating here.
TBolt

Re: Funko!!! 4 inch figs!!!!

Post by TBolt »

AndyFish wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2018 5:25 pm
TBolt wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2018 3:42 pm I'm more of a sucker for the Mego style rather than little star wars figures so FTC spoke to me. I didn't have issues with the bodies, just fixed a few things here and there, corrected Penguin's height, green socks for Joker, slippers for the riddler, little stuff. Batgirl and Catwoman needed the most help, the female body they use sucks and the belts had to be reworked.
I am too-- but I feel like FTC misses the mark on the production end. I had Megos as a kid, I played with them, and these new FTC figures can barely stand on their own-- plus as much as I admire the amount of detail they went with on the '66 figures you touch one and something falls off--- lighter, glasses, hat. I liked the silk screened costume on the original Joker.
well, even as a kid I detested the pajama printed suit on the Joker and Penguin, so these are much better to me. I honestly don't have the problems you mention, I did tweek some. Especially Penguin-see Batcrafts section for that. Replaced Egghead's shirt for one with sleeves, green socks and different shoes for Joker, slippers for Riddler. Bodies for Catwoman and Batgirl. Shame got a better gun and holster. I also added in False Face and some extra villains
To the Bat-Elephant!!
Crayfish

Post by Crayfish »

Again...unless a true miracle happens and they really are saving a surprise reveal at Toy Fair.....it just feels a little like Funko let us down and all the hurt is that this line was hyped big time....Joker, Penguin, and Riddler were not in wave 1 or at least made as a retailer exclusive so now they will most likely not get made....and it makes it feel really incomplete. While that is fine to most people......it is really gong to hurt future purchases of new lines that they decide to do because I will always be skeptical on whether they will give us a complete line up or just bits and pieces.
rickkrefft

Post by rickkrefft »

That's my point. All the hype and promises. Had I known wave 1 was going to be it, I would have not purchased anything except the Batmobile that came with Batman and Robin. I sure as heck wouldn't have invested all the money in the different colored Batmobiles. A line without Penguin, Joker and Riddler isn't a line at all. If this was what they were gonna do then Joker, Riddler and Penguin should have been in wave 1 instead of King Tut, Bookworm and Mr. Freeze. At least then the line would have been complete to most people. If Funko screws us here, I will never ever purchase a thing from them again. Broken promises and I no longer trust them. I should have listened to those who knew their history and warned us they never go past a wave 1, and that they never finish any lines. No Egghead pop should have been our very telling clue to this.
svl

Post by svl »

I must be in the minority- I would much rather have the odd villains like Bookworm, Tut & Freeze than the "Big 3". My only complaint on the Funko line is no Falseface, but that's my complaint with all the other companies as well. :)

Business is business- if u aren't making money it's ridiculous to get farther in the red, no matter your initial intentions. I don't think Funko is screwing anyone, I'm grateful they took the chance and gambled on a niche line like the '66 Bat in the first place.
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

svl wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:27 am I must be in the minority- I would much rather have the odd villains like Bookworm, Tut & Freeze than the "Big 3". My only complaint on the Funko line is no Falseface, but that's my complaint with all the other companies as well. :)

Business is business- if u aren't making money it's ridiculous to get farther in the red, no matter your initial intentions. I don't think Funko is screwing anyone, I'm grateful they took the chance and gambled on a niche line like the '66 Bat in the first place.
+1
rickkrefft

Post by rickkrefft »

I dont think the line did that poorly. They are still making action figures. If Batman 66 was such a flop they would have gotten away from action figures and concentrated on other things. Here we are just shown 4 Teen Titans figures in the same scale. I think they just moved on because it's what Funko does. After these TT they will probably not make any more and move on to another set. I just wish they wouldn't have pumped our hopes for so much more. They not only promised a wave 2, they actually said they nailed wave 2 down and knew who it was going to consist of and said major villains. They never should have made such statements to get our hopes up. I’m keeping my fingers crossed Funko still comes through for us fans of Batman 66 with Toy Fair offerings, but I don't feel too confident. For the record, I too would love a False Face, he just isn't part of the license, same with season 1 Mr. Freeze or Lee’s Catwoman. In this case Funko’s hands are tied.
Dan Greenfield

Post by Dan Greenfield »

AndyFish wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2018 5:30 pm
Dan Greenfield wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:06 pm
LizardKing wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2018 2:03 pm I called out 13th Dimension a little for not asking Funko point blank what is going on.
I love this assumption that I'm somehow responsible for what Funko does or does not do. I also love the assumption that I've not asked any questions.

Simply put, if I had something to report, I'd report it. If I don't, I don't. And if you think I'm going to post a story on my website rending my garments that Funko isn't being more forthcoming, you're sadly mistaken.

That's all I have to say on that score.
I won't speak for Lizard King but I think what he was expressing was more a frustration for the line. I don't think any of us blame you Dan for keeping anything from us. Really folks, it's just a TOY line. Not worth an ounce of worry. If they don't do a wave 2 we've got some neat figures from the first wave and a few cool Batmobiles.

I'm planning on trying to paint the eyebrows on my Batman figure because they really drive me crazy. New set of eyebrows, maybe a darker skin tone-- just want to try and get it closer to the mockup figure they did.
What Andy said. I just think Lizard King's frustration there was a tad misplaced. That said, when/if I have some news to report, I'll report it -- LOUDLY. ;)
seanrt

Post by seanrt »

I’m really hoping the silence is leading to a amazing surprise for us regarding the line. I’m trying to not get to excited but it just feels like there should be something coming. Since wave 2 would have some big name villains (maybe a single Robin) they have to know it could possibly sell close to double wave 1. I’m sure some buyers of wave 1 only bought half the lineup and skipped Mr Freeze, Bookworm & King Tut. If wave 2 were to be all household characters, I would think that means more figures casual fans would want. I don’t know, just a thought.
John Mack

Post by John Mack »

svl wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:27 am I must be in the minority- I would much rather have the odd villains like Bookworm, Tut & Freeze than the "Big 3". My only complaint on the Funko line is no Falseface, but that's my complaint with all the other companies as well. :)

+2
Music. BAT! Music.
svl

Post by svl »

rickkrefft wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2018 2:01 pm I dont think the line did that poorly. They are still making action figures. If Batman 66 was such a flop they would have gotten away from action figures and concentrated on other things. Here we are just shown 4 Teen Titans figures in the same scale. I think they just moved on because it's what Funko does. After these TT they will probably not make any more and move on to another set. I just wish they wouldn't have pumped our hopes for so much more. They not only promised a wave 2, they actually said they nailed wave 2 down and knew who it was going to consist of and said major villains. They never should have made such statements to get our hopes up. I’m keeping my fingers crossed Funko still comes through for us fans of Batman 66 with Toy Fair offerings, but I don't feel too confident. For the record, I too would love a False Face, he just isn't part of the license, same with season 1 Mr. Freeze or Lee’s Catwoman. In this case Funko’s hands are tied.
The fact they are still making action figures has nothing to do with one licenses failure or success. '66 Bats flopping would have no effect on a Teen Titan line, or any other licensed IP, it would only affect the '66 products (unless a particular line/IP bankrupted them). If the '66 line was a hit and made money, Funko would produce the figures they talked about in interviews and as many more items as they could- that's what business is all about.
vintagematt

Post by vintagematt »

:cry: Such a shame, I was really hoping to get a penguin and joker from this line, not to mention I was even hoping for a batcave playset! Too bad the line didn't sell that well...
"Batman told him a super funny joke. When the creature didn't laugh, that was proof!"
LizardKing

Post by LizardKing »

I keep hoping to see an update either way. I'll be dumping my collection of carded figures if they cancel series 2.
tenderheart bear

Post by tenderheart bear »

I never picked up any of the carded figures. It's not that I don't like them, more that I have a lot of '66 merchandise so try to be more selective. I mainly concentrate on Batmobiles and Batman, Robin, Batgirl and Joker so the Funko Batmobile with Batman and Robin pretty much does the job.

If the range does continue then I might well consider getting a few of the main characters, but that probably wouldn't include the likes of King Tut or Bookworm. As you've gathered, I'm not a completest, certainly not with this range anyway.
rickkrefft

Post by rickkrefft »

They love releasing that Batmobile over and over again, with a few minor adjustments they could turn it into the Penguin Batmobile with Penguin as the exclusive figure. At least we would have one major villain.

Or put out Joker, Penguin, Riddler and a masked Catwoman 4 pack set and call it “United Underworld”)

Egghead could be the exclusive figure with Batgirl in a Batgirl Cycle set (remember the episode she drove him on her cycle to his hideout)

There are ways to still put out some great figures besides shooting out a whole wave 2.
vintagematt

Post by vintagematt »

rickkrefft wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2018 2:51 am They love releasing that Batmobile over and over again, with a few minor adjustments they could turn it into the Penguin Batmobile with Penguin as the exclusive figure. At least we would have one major villain.

Or put out Joker, Penguin, Riddler and a masked Catwoman 4 pack set and call it “United Underworld”)

Egghead could be the exclusive figure with Batgirl in a Batgirl Cycle set (remember the episode she drove him on her cycle to his hideout)

There are ways to still put out some great figures besides shooting out a whole wave 2.
I would LOVE of them to make the united underworld set!
"Batman told him a super funny joke. When the creature didn't laugh, that was proof!"