Funko!!! 4 inch figs!!!!

1966 TV show type Bat-Items found on eBay, Collectibles, etc.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
You must read the MERCHANDISE RULES before participating here.
John Mack

Re: Funko!!! 4 inch figs!!!!

Post by John Mack »

Big Daddy K wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 12:14 pm I emailed Funko asking about Wave 2. Here's they're response:

" Funko Support (Funko)
Apr 11, 12:08 PM PDT

Thanks for reaching out to us! We're not able to provide information about potential figures in the pipeline, but I would be happy to share your request for '66 Batman action figures with my larger teams. I can also give you some insight into a few factors that allow us to create figures, if you're interested in learning more about how we work!

Beyond what fans are looking for, one of the largest factors behind what we're able to create lies in licensing rights. That's a fascinating topic in itself, and if you're interested in hearing more, our Funkast (aka our Funko podcast) recently had a segment on licensing. You can find it here, and the licensing conversation is in the first 10 minutes.
Our artist and production schedules are another big factor. Would you believe that, last year alone, we introduced over a thousand new figures across our Vinyl lines? This isn't even including existing figures that are still in production, or items from our Plush, Home, Apparel, or other product lines. We love creating new figures for fans, but the requests (and our own wishlist!) are always something we need to balance in our jam-packed art and production cycles.

We are incredibly devoted to our Funko community -- you're the reason we all love doing what we do each day -- so while I'm not able to make you any promises, I absolutely will pass your wishlist onto our licensing, art, and production teams! In the meantime, I'd recommend signing up for our newsletter if you don't already get it -- that's a great place to hear exciting product and company news!

Thank you,
The Funko Support Team "
That reply made no sense at all. Just a form letter. Funko cares about it's fan base? Then why not answer the man's question?
Music. BAT! Music.
Keith Mayo

Post by Keith Mayo »

I just find it strange that after the expense of their "Batcave" built in their store that they'd drop the 1966 4" line.
"It's the very essence of our democracy". - Batman, S1 Ep 11
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

Big Daddy K wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 1:33 am I just find it strange that after the expense of their "Batcave" built in their store that they'd drop the 1966 4" line.
And that's the biggest reason I think the line will continue. Even if its a loss leader the expense of the store decor has to mean at least a Wave 2 if not 3 and shows there is a commitment from the company.
LizardKing

Post by LizardKing »

Why no preview figures or a press release making it official?
seanrt

Post by seanrt »

AndyFish wrote: Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:14 am If you compare the likeness of their apes to what Mego did in the 70s it's pretty close. Ursus is the best figure of the first wave and ditto Jim's comment on shipping, I ordered a set on Wednesday and they were here on Friday.

I love Super7.
Agreed. Also I love the fact these simple figures simply stand with no struggle needed. My dilemma now, how many gorilla soldiers from wave 2 needed to build my gorilla army while waiting on Batman wave 2 news. Thanks to Funko it could end up being a rather large army with this extra $$.
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

seanrt wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:21 pm
AndyFish wrote: Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:14 am If you compare the likeness of their apes to what Mego did in the 70s it's pretty close. Ursus is the best figure of the first wave and ditto Jim's comment on shipping, I ordered a set on Wednesday and they were here on Friday.

I love Super7.
Agreed. Also I love the fact these simple figures simply stand with no struggle needed. My dilemma now, how many gorilla soldiers from wave 2 needed to build my gorilla army while waiting on Batman wave 2 news. Thanks to Funko it could end up being a rather large army with this extra $$.
Ha-- I thought the same thing-- I'm going to need at least five soldiers to guard the General and Dr Zaius! I'd have likely passed on the mutants in Wave 2 but they have removable faces!! That's just too cool!
seanrt

Post by seanrt »

Super7 sent me a replacement Cornelius (the legs were not right) and I got this message from them when I asked about stands. PLAYSET IS COMING 😛

Super7 Customer Support (Super7)
May 3, 7:57 AM PDT

Hey Sean,

We're releasing the stands next week! We also have a playset for Planet of the Apes that's currently in production that we're hoping to have out in the summer!

-Super7 Customer Care
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

Very happy to support Super7-- playset is a neat idea.
Therin of Andor

Post by Therin of Andor »

jimpagett wrote: Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:56 amWas that an Olga, Queen of the Cossack's I saw Therin work'n on? Ann Baxter was lovely.
Yes indeed!

Funko Egghead and Olga customs by Ian McLean, on Flickr
"Holy nostalgia, Batman!"
Therin of Andor

(aka Ian McLean, from Sydney, Australia)
LizardKing

Post by LizardKing »

So where is the updates from Funko?
jimpagett

Post by jimpagett »

Therin of Andor wrote: Thu May 03, 2018 6:51 pm
jimpagett wrote: Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:56 amWas that an Olga, Queen of the Cossack's I saw Therin work'n on? Ann Baxter was lovely.
Yes indeed!

Funko Egghead and Olga customs by Ian McLean, on Flickr
Cute. Now you need to custom the custom from Olga to Zelda :)
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

LizardKing wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 3:55 am So where is the updates from Funko?
I'm just considering the line dead until we get some formal release date with pics.
LizardKing

Post by LizardKing »

AndyFish wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 7:10 am
LizardKing wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 3:55 am So where is the updates from Funko?
I'm just considering the line dead until we get some formal release date with pics.
I just don't get why they can't say one way or another.
jimpagett

Post by jimpagett »

They suck, that's why. They probably don't know themselves, and feel hemmed in by our requests. (The Batman line is dead, don't tell anyone)
Crayfish

Post by Crayfish »

LizardKing wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 4:35 pm I just don't get why they can't say one way or another.
To keep fans that only want to collect their Batman line hanging so that they will potentially buy one of their other lines while waiting for something that will never come. Guess what...it will never happen.

It is kind of like the concept of a chase figure. Stores like Wal-Mart and Target want companies to provide them with chase figures...but in actuality...they don't wan the chase figure to be easy to get. They want the casual collector to come in regularly and when they don't find that elusive toy they are looking for...they might as well buy diapers, milk, batteries, cat food, whatever......and it all starts again the next day or two...you go in and try and find something and it is not there...might as well get your shopping done.

I have explicitly told a Hasbro rep before that I have had a hand full of stuff at Target before and went to the toy section to find something and when they didn't have it...I put down everything.....I am not going to reward stores for giving in to this tactic.

So in reality....Funko will never tell us this line is cancelled because they want us coming back to buy their other crapt products.