Funko!!! 4 inch figs!!!!

1966 TV show type Bat-Items found on eBay, Collectibles, etc.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
You must read the MERCHANDISE RULES before participating here.
User avatar
Lou Szabo
Posts: 0
Joined: Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:22 pm

Re: Funko!!! 4 inch figs!!!!

Post by Lou Szabo » Thu Jul 05, 2018 10:12 am

I think the process is not as smooth as product managers would like. So better to wait until either on the water or in hand to make the announcement. If you think back to recent releases in the past 10 years, how many actually hit the shelves when predicted? Tweeterhead, FTC, Mattel, and smaller companies have struggled with announcing too early, and being off by as much as a year.
The flip side of the coin is to gauge interest by announcing early at this type of show (SDCC). Hot Toys is a good example, Factory Entertainment Batcave is another.

Sometime it's just a flop (Eaglemoss Batmobile in a large scale)
Some days you just can't get rid of a ... SHARK!

User avatar
AndyFish
Posts: 0
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:42 am

Re: Funko!!! 4 inch figs!!!!

Post by AndyFish » Thu Jul 05, 2018 10:27 am

Well just heard from an extremely reliable source that Super7 does not have the license. But-- they are trying to get it.

Personally, I'd be thrilled if it went to them- I think they do a better job with these sized figures than Funko does. I'm not holding my breath for Wave 2 and I doubt there will be anything at SDCC.

User avatar
Lou Szabo
Posts: 0
Joined: Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:22 pm

Re: Funko!!! 4 inch figs!!!!

Post by Lou Szabo » Thu Jul 05, 2018 12:32 pm

Holy Bat License questions, the plot thickens....
So we know the monsters are $15 each, what price point brings pain for 4" figs of the Classic Batman variety?
Some days you just can't get rid of a ... SHARK!

User avatar
LizardKing
Posts: 2
Joined: Sat Jun 28, 2014 2:43 pm

Re: Funko!!! 4 inch figs!!!!

Post by LizardKing » Thu Jul 05, 2018 12:42 pm

Crayfish wrote:
Thu Jul 05, 2018 6:28 am
P.N. Gwynn wrote:
Tue Jun 26, 2018 5:16 pm
Last night I was feeling particularly crotchety about no info on this. I tweeted at Reis O'Brien that I would donate to a charity of his choice for a real answer. He replied very quickly with what Rick stated above, regarding them being sculpted and at the factory after a delay. .......


How come in this day and age of marketing toys that we have not seen mock ups, test shots, painted samples , etc yet. How come if they are at the factory we have not heard the line up.

No matter who has the license...by the time something gets to the factory...most of the time there has been an OFFICIAL announcement.
This. I saw the tweet from Reis O'Brien where he said they are at the factory after some delay he could not disclose. Nothing adds up here.

User avatar
Lou Szabo
Posts: 0
Joined: Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:22 pm

Re: Funko!!! 4 inch figs!!!!

Post by Lou Szabo » Thu Jul 05, 2018 12:43 pm

We need a moll
Some days you just can't get rid of a ... SHARK!

User avatar
John Mack
Posts: 0
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:15 pm

Re: Funko!!! 4 inch figs!!!!

Post by John Mack » Thu Jul 05, 2018 5:35 pm

Szabol wrote:
Thu Jul 05, 2018 12:43 pm
We need a moll
Molly two pack, one in her regular clothes, one as Robin.
Music. BAT! Music.

User avatar
Therin of Andor
Posts: 7
Joined: Sat Feb 14, 2015 5:46 pm

Re: Funko!!! 4 inch figs!!!!

Post by Therin of Andor » Thu Jul 05, 2018 6:18 pm

Making customs - and sorta hoping that the actual Wave 2 won't duplicate the efforts...

Image
The Sandman Cometh by Ian McLean, on Flickr

The recent Monstarz Michael Rennie spare head ("The Day the Earth Stood Still") makes a great Sandman.

Image
Funko custom TwoFace by Ian McLean, on Flickr

and ReAction's "Star Trek" Kirk makes an obvious Two-Face.

Image
My Funko-style Egghead and Olga customs by Ian McLean, on Flickr
"Holy nostalgia, Batman!"
Therin of Andor

(aka Ian McLean, from Sydney, Australia)

User avatar
John Mack
Posts: 0
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:15 pm

Re: Funko!!! 4 inch figs!!!!

Post by John Mack » Thu Jul 05, 2018 6:51 pm

Digging that Sandman. Bravo!
Music. BAT! Music.

User avatar
Therin of Andor
Posts: 7
Joined: Sat Feb 14, 2015 5:46 pm

Re: Funko!!! 4 inch figs!!!!

Post by Therin of Andor » Thu Jul 05, 2018 8:12 pm

John Mack wrote:
Thu Jul 05, 2018 6:51 pm
Digging that Sandman. Bravo!
Thank you. I was thrilled when Monstarz offered their twin pack with a spare head that already resembled Michael Rennie! So I get to keep helmeted Klaatu and Gort the robot, and get a new "Batman '66" figure to boot!
"Holy nostalgia, Batman!"
Therin of Andor

(aka Ian McLean, from Sydney, Australia)

jimpagett
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Jan 08, 2018 7:50 am

Re: Funko!!! 4 inch figs!!!!

Post by jimpagett » Fri Jul 06, 2018 4:07 am

That Sandman is great.

User avatar
Therin of Andor
Posts: 7
Joined: Sat Feb 14, 2015 5:46 pm

Re: Funko!!! 4 inch figs!!!!

Post by Therin of Andor » Fri Jul 06, 2018 4:25 am

jimpagett wrote:
Fri Jul 06, 2018 4:07 am
That Sandman is great.
Flocked him!
"Holy nostalgia, Batman!"
Therin of Andor

(aka Ian McLean, from Sydney, Australia)

User avatar
Crayfish
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu May 11, 2017 6:07 am

Re: Funko!!! 4 inch figs!!!!

Post by Crayfish » Fri Jul 06, 2018 8:52 am

AndyFish wrote:
Thu Jul 05, 2018 10:27 am
Well just heard from an extremely reliable source that Super7 does not have the license. But-- they are trying to get it.

Personally, I'd be thrilled if it went to them- I think they do a better job with these sized figures than Funko does. I'm not holding my breath for Wave 2 and I doubt there will be anything at SDCC.

I am pretty glad that Super7 did not get it because I think the whole way it is set up on these ReAction type figures is that Super7 has to do the less articulated ones and Funko has to articulate theirs...I am not 100% sure on that, but I could have sworn I read that somewhere so that may just be speculation.

What I do know is that I am sure if Super7 had gotten the license, they would not have carried on the same aesthetic as WAVE 1 and I possibly wanted to start over yet again.

User avatar
LizardKing
Posts: 2
Joined: Sat Jun 28, 2014 2:43 pm

Re: Funko!!! 4 inch figs!!!!

Post by LizardKing » Fri Jul 06, 2018 10:30 am

I think if the line is to continue Super7 will be the only option. They don't have knee joints like Funko but they quit after just 1 wave so that is the least of my worries.

User avatar
Keith Mayo
Posts: 2
Joined: Sun Oct 22, 2017 5:52 am

Re: Funko!!! 4 inch figs!!!!

Post by Keith Mayo » Fri Jul 06, 2018 11:05 am

You stay. Mego. 😀
"It's the very essence of our democracy". - Batman, S1 Ep 11

User avatar
AndyFish
Posts: 0
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:42 am

Re: Funko!!! 4 inch figs!!!!

Post by AndyFish » Fri Jul 06, 2018 11:12 am

Crayfish wrote:
Fri Jul 06, 2018 8:52 am
AndyFish wrote:
Thu Jul 05, 2018 10:27 am
Well just heard from an extremely reliable source that Super7 does not have the license. But-- they are trying to get it.

Personally, I'd be thrilled if it went to them- I think they do a better job with these sized figures than Funko does. I'm not holding my breath for Wave 2 and I doubt there will be anything at SDCC.

I am pretty glad that Super7 did not get it because I think the whole way it is set up on these ReAction type figures is that Super7 has to do the less articulated ones and Funko has to articulate theirs...I am not 100% sure on that, but I could have sworn I read that somewhere so that may just be speculation.

What I do know is that I am sure if Super7 had gotten the license, they would not have carried on the same aesthetic as WAVE 1 and I possibly wanted to start over yet again.
Super7 figures have no elbow or knee articulation and the arms don't have ball joints so they only move straight up and down. I'd guess it would be a complete do-over if they got the license. I prefer S7 because the figures are more solid, but I'm not into posing them so I may be in the minority.

Either way, we'll see what happens. I DO know the Super7 team is very excited to get it if they do. That says something.

Post Reply