wish list thread

1966 TV show type Bat-Items found on eBay, Collectibles, etc.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
You must read the MERCHANDISE RULES before participating here.
rajung

wish list thread

Post by rajung »

Unsure if it has been asked before, or if another topic section would cover it.With so many items from my 50 some year ago childhood memory of bat toys,which is fading,Would a wish list, that someone in the right position would see be of any help as far as production re-run interests?
John Mack

Re: wish list thread

Post by John Mack »

Oh, where to begin my friend, where to begin?

How about starting with the Ideal playset figurines. The hand painted ones especially.

I only have a bit of time, but this would be a good starting point.
Music. BAT! Music.
COPPRODUCTIONS

Post by COPPRODUCTIONS »

I know that the tooling still exists for the Batmobile from the Ideal playset (or at least it DID a few years back). I do not recall if he had any of the figure molds. Nick Argento from Glencoe Models rescued it from a warehouse, along with some of the old Zeroids molds, and IIRC, the molds for the SilverStreak Amphibian vehicle from the old Captain Action line. But to be honest, I have not spoken to Nick in over ten years, so for all I know he may have sold them for scrapmetal.
Tom
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

Nick definitely had the Batmobile mold and I'm equally certain he had Batman too. Nick is a good friend but I've not spoken to him in a couple of years due to crazy deadlines, but there was a point where he was trying to get the license to re-release the whole Batman Ideal playset.

I'd love to see a repro of that, along with the figures both painted and unpainted, and the Ideal Helmet Cowl-- I had an absolutely mint condition one that I had to sell a couple of years ago during a tough pay period and I regretted it instantly. Now they are priced so high I can't bring myself to pull the trigger on one.

The Topps Cards would be nice-- we've seen the great Norm Saunders ones redone in '89 but I'd love to see the photo cards redone.
rajung

Post by rajung »

Quite a few years back,the CPT. Action figures were re-released or at least a couple of them and I thought for sure Batman was going to be part of that line.Totally forgot about it after local TR'Us closed.
My current partial list
exploding Bridge
Capt. Action
Utility belt
string puppets
NJ_Batfan

Post by NJ_Batfan »

I'm not certain why no one else has thought of this with the current fad, but I would love a reprinting of the Whitman Batman coloring books issued during the 60s. They generally took their cue from the trappings of the series. They were reissued in the 70s in edited form with the original copyright notices, subsequently making for confusion in the collector market unless one realized the changes in company logo, price and page count.

Truthfully, I laughed last year when the whole coloring book revival took hold, figuring that it might be perceived as quaint for our sophisticated times, but I stopped laughing when I saw the space at Barnes & Noble dedicated to coloring books explode exponentially within a few months.
NJ_Batfan

Post by NJ_Batfan »

rajung wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2017 6:29 am Quite a few years back,the CPT. Action figures were re-released or at least a couple of them and I thought for sure Batman was going to be part of that line.Totally forgot about it after local TR'Us closed.
My current partial list
exploding Bridge
Capt. Action
Utility belt
string puppets
I've mentioned this before, but Playing Mantis was working on rereleasing the original Captain Action Batman and Superman sets as exclusives for the late, lamented Warner Bros Studio Store when the first CA revival took hold. Unfortunately, it never came to pass. I was happy to replace my childhood Green Hornet, but would have loved to have added Batman.
John Mack

Post by John Mack »

And I remember these from the CA company. They never saw the light of day either for whatever reason, unless that 50's style comicon exclusive did?
Attachments
images.jpg
images.jpg (5.75 KiB) Viewed 4853 times
Batman-JA-copy.jpg
cap9.jpg
cap9.jpg (129.25 KiB) Viewed 4853 times
Music. BAT! Music.
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

The middle photo is an actual prototype-- the other two are mockups of existing DC merchandise, the bottom one for example is actually cardboard cutouts-- I saw it in person.

Sadly, the line died, but Captain Action has had more lives than any other toy line other than GI Joe so who knows, maybe they try again.
BATWINGED HORNET

Post by BATWINGED HORNET »

AndyFish wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2017 9:20 amSadly, the line died, but Captain Action has had more lives than any other toy line other than GI Joe so who knows, maybe they try again.

The Round2 / Captain Action line is discontinued? If so, when did the decision to end it happen?
Beneath Wayne Manor
Jthree

Post by Jthree »

Bring Back Captain Action

--jthree