New 18 cm 66 figures or Mattel ripoff

1966 TV show type Bat-Items found on eBay, Collectibles, etc.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
You must read the MERCHANDISE RULES before participating here.
Lou Szabo

New 18 cm 66 figures or Mattel ripoff

Post by Lou Szabo »

?this popped up in my Facebook stream
These are 18 cm or 7"
Mattel repackaged figures?

https://thebatmart.com/collections/toys ... ion-figure
Some days you just can't get rid of a ... SHARK!
Therin of Andor

Re: New 18 cm 66 figures or Mattel ripoff

Post by Therin of Andor »

At that price point, it would seem they were larger than the Mattels? No brand on the box, but appear to be licensed?
"Holy nostalgia, Batman!"
Therin of Andor

(aka Ian McLean, from Sydney, Australia)
John Mack

Post by John Mack »

Sorry, gotta laugh... :lol: I'll try and be gentle. There's nothing new or devious going on guys, and certainly not a rip off and certainly licensed. It's NECA's 7 inch figure shown in front of the back of the box. See one of several ebay listings or this one..scroll through the photos..btw, this figure is wonderful. Better IMO than NECA's larger brother. Notice this figure comes with different type hands, etc. Just like the large one. Worth every penny. But shop around. You can get it for less than $35. I guess if you haven't heard of these, you wouldn't know..still funny though how a simple photo could turn into such conjecture.
http://m.ebay.com/itm/NECA-Adam-West-Ba ... Ciid%253A3
Music. BAT! Music.
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

Yeah Lou Toys R Us had these for around $20 I think back during Xmas.
SprangFan

Post by SprangFan »

If it's wonderful, that photo doesn't do it justice. But at least it doesn't look dirty like all the 7 inch NECAs I've seen at TRU. Not sure what they intended with that "ink wash" or whatever its called but it just looks dirty. This one is cleaner looking, if a bit on the glossy side, but his face looks like it's melting. The Roger Moore eyebrows are kind of fun, though.
"You were right again, Batman. We might have been killed."
"Or worse. Let's go..."
Ben Bentley

Post by Ben Bentley »

This is a timely reminder that I still need to track one of these down. They never made it to Toys R Us stores here in England and I was too late by the time I was in the USA last November/December.
Lou Szabo

Post by Lou Szabo »

I had not considered these could be from NECA. Are the 1966 Joker and Robin figures are NECA too. I did not realize a 7" version of those were released by NECA
Ben Bentley

Post by Ben Bentley »

Szabol wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2017 10:34 am I had not considered these could be from NECA. Are the 1966 Joker and Robin figures are NECA too. I did not realize a 7" version of those were released by NECA
NECA did a 1:4 Burt/Robin to match their Adam/Batman, but there is no Cesar-style Joker from NECA in any scale to my knowledge?
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

Neca did only the 7" Batman-- they did a 1/4 scale Robin which is quite nice. I'd argue the 1/4 scale Batman is as nice as the Hot Toys Batman- the waist joint doesn't bother me.

The Joker and Robin figures shown on that link are the Mattel ones.
The only other figure that might be Neca 7" is the Keaton Batman.

Prices on that site are all "collector" level-- i.e. idealized prices rather than what you can find if you just look around.

Ben-- I think they still have these at my TRU-- I'm going this week to look for a Mah-Jong game so I'll check while I'm there-- I can send it to you.
Brian M

Post by Brian M »

I think this is actually the KO of the Neca 7" Batman that has been popping up on Ebay. Notice the eyebrows and nose are off. Skin tone is too light. Cape is different blue than trunks, boots, cowl, and gloves. Hands are a different blue from the rest. I think the Neca 7" Adam West Batman is a great figure (except for breakage issues) and have six of them! If you get a chance to pick one up, do so! This just looks way off to the ones I have. JMO.
John Mack

Post by John Mack »

Brian M wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2017 2:33 pm I think this is actually the KO of the Neca 7" Batman that has been popping up on Ebay. Notice the eyebrows and nose are off. Skin tone is too light. Cape is different blue than trunks, boots, cowl, and gloves. Hands are a different blue from the rest. I think the Neca 7" Adam West Batman is a great figure (except for breakage issues) and have six of them! If you get a chance to pick one up, do so! This just looks way off to the ones I have. JMO.
I haven't followed fake stuff on ebay for years, so you may be correct however, if you hear hoof clomps coming around the corner, chances are it's a horse, not a zebra. Me thinks you're looking for a zebra.
Music. BAT! Music.
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

Knockoffs are a bigger problem than you think. I was in a large comic shop recently and spotted almost all of their Godzilla Merchandise as being fake. I knew the owner and I pointed it out to him and he was pretty upset that he had bought this through a "legit" source.

I don't know if this one is, it could simply be one of the earlier photos which feature the prototype figure, but I agree the cape and colors don't look right.
Lou Szabo

Post by Lou Szabo »

Here's the link to Batman AND Robin

https://thebatmart.com/products/rare-19 ... ion-figure

Here's the Batman Joker Two pack
https://thebatmart.com/products/rare-19 ... ion-figure
I would post pictures, but the IPad won't save them
These are Mattel knockoffs?