Original Ideal Batman molds sold to Mexico toy company. Utility Belt reissue?

1966 TV show type Bat-Items found on eBay, Collectibles, etc.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
You must read the MERCHANDISE RULES before participating here.
BatToys

Original Ideal Batman molds sold to Mexico toy company. Utility Belt reissue?

Post by BatToys »

The original Ideal Toys molds for the 1966 Batman Utility Belt, helmet, JLA playset, Captain Action and Marx molds have been sold to a toy company in Mexico. It's possible they will be reissued. Not sure how quality will be be but was told will likely be found in .99 cent bins.
John Mack

Re: Original Ideal Batman molds sold to Mexico toy company. Utility Belt reissue?

Post by John Mack »

I'll be all over THAT!
Music. BAT! Music.
Therin of Andor

Re: Original Ideal Batman molds sold to Mexico toy company. Utility Belt reissue?

Post by Therin of Andor »

They'd be unlicensed at that price, and perhaps deliberately wrong colours. ;)
"Holy nostalgia, Batman!"
Therin of Andor

(aka Ian McLean, from Sydney, Australia)
John Mack

Post by John Mack »

Therin of Andor wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2017 12:42 am They'd be unlicensed at that price, and perhaps deliberately wrong colours. ;)
Unlicensed, no go then. Different colors, no problem. At least then unscrupulous sellers will be less inclined to pass them off as vintage.
Music. BAT! Music.
BatToys

Post by BatToys »

In a video it said the Mexican toy company invested 3 million into their factory. I don't think they realize the potential of the Ideal molds beyond cheap toys. If they get the Batman license and make a nice Utility Belt box, lots of collectors will buy it just because they are from the original molds.
BatToys

Post by BatToys »

My guess is they will reissue the Ideal Batman helmet and the JLA figures first because they're easier to make with no moving parts.

I hope they reissue the Utility Belt, Captain Action, and the Silver Streak. Even if low quality or wrong colors it'd be nice to add to my collection. I count them as they are from the original molds which are said to be in good condition. I have a picture of the Utility Belt mold and will post it if I can find it

The JLA playset mold is missing the Batmobile. But all the rare yellow parts like the Batplane launcher are there.

Who knows what they plan to reissue? We'll have to wait and see.
Therin of Andor

Post by Therin of Andor »

My point is, if they buy a license, the items won't be $2 each.
"Holy nostalgia, Batman!"
Therin of Andor

(aka Ian McLean, from Sydney, Australia)
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

Mexico is not known for it's dedication to quality when it comes to manufacturing. Much of what is bootlegged is from second or third gen mold pulls, if they're using the originals you might have something. I'll be keeping an eye out. Mexican/US licensing isn't always in harmony-- and if American companies don't want to do anything with those molds I say it's good someone is.
BatToys

Post by BatToys »

I confirmed the Mexican toy company has leased the original Ideal Batman molds, Captain Action molds, and Marx molds.

I'm not sure what they plan to reissue or when but collectors are trying to influence it. A lot of fans want the Silver Streak reissued.

The Ideal Batman JLA playset mold is missing the Batmobile but has the sanctuary and its rare yellow parts.
NX01JB

Post by NX01JB »

Id be thrilled if they did the Ideal Batarang. I'd love to have several to play with.