another Bradford exchange figure

1966 TV show type Bat-Items found on eBay, Collectibles, etc.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
You must read the MERCHANDISE RULES before participating here.
rajung

another Bradford exchange figure

Post by rajung »

Anyone have this figure? the base looks familiar from another statue .
http://www.bradfordexchange.com/product ... igure.html
COPPRODUCTIONS

Re: another Bradford exchange figure

Post by COPPRODUCTIONS »

And the utility belt looks to be copied (at least the perfectly square pouches) from the Hot Toys. Except they are upside down. :oops: I wonder if the 15 inch height includes the base (which, to answer the original question, appears very similar to the Diamond Select 1/6 base). On the plus side, this DOES appear to be an ACTUAL photo of a figure, which of course, does NOT mean that is what will arrive on your doorstep. Truth be told, the belt is an easy fix and I like what I see for the price. But I have NO faith in the Bradford Exchange, so I will most likely pass.
Tom
John Mack

Post by John Mack »

I like the figure. I know people have had problems with Bradford, but I'm going to order this one too. I preordered the light up one and I'll let you all know how that goes. Maybe it's me, but the price is within my budget and the representation looks good to me. I had a much harder time parting with $20 each for the Mattel figures and Batmobile to be honest. I waited for the figures to go on sale for $9.99 and managed to get the huge Batmobile for $29.99. At $29.99 I was able to psychologically deal with the wrong placement of the emergency Batturn Lever. That real shook me because when I look at the Batmobile, that lever is very prominent and with having the label in place and not seeing the lever I freaked a bit. I've drifted way off topic. Sorry, hard, bad day at work with more to come on Wednesday. Thanks to all who read my stuff.
;)
Music. BAT! Music.
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

I like the figure-- there's a lot of charm to it. I don't know that I need another figure so I'll hold off until we get an actual measure on it. I like that they didn't go the "fat suit" route that Hot Toys did-- I think that wasn't needed. If you look at Season 1 Batman he's surfer slim.

I'll be interested to see the actual figure.
tenderheart bear

Post by tenderheart bear »

Could someone post a picture?

Whenever I follow the link, or even click on their .com website from Google, I always seem to end up on the .co.uk site with no way of accessing the US one. Strangely I can access the AU one though, no idea why.

Thanks.
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

bradford.jpg
tenderheart bear

Post by tenderheart bear »

Thanks for that.

Looks pretty cool, although it's a little bit too Hot Toys to be unique enough to consider getting (unless my eyes deceive me).
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

If it's 15" tall it'll be a good size bigger than the Hot Toys at less than that figures original price. There's less detail here, especially on the cowl, but I like the body-- no fat suit here which I think was overkill on the Hot Toys figure.