Hallmark 2017 Batcopter

1966 TV show type Bat-Items found on eBay, Collectibles, etc.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
You must read the MERCHANDISE RULES before participating here.
mwilbury

Hallmark 2017 Batcopter

Post by mwilbury »

I've not seen anyone post this yet. Looks great, but they're certainly not getting any cheaper...

This is the closest thing I found to a proper listing on Hallmark's site: http://explore.hallmark.com/pop-culture-shop/#dc-comics
AndyFish

Re: Hallmark 2017 Batcopter

Post by AndyFish »

Really cool-- but $30??? I like that it has the figures in it-- this would be a neat thing to have hanging in the studio-we have a mobile with Space Ghost and The Rocketeer but at 30 clams I'd have to be really impressed with it.
Lou Szabo

Post by Lou Szabo »

I like it, although it will likely be about the same size as the Mattel release if not smaller. Figures are great to have. I have a 1/64 scale custom made for about $100, so the Mattel is a low cost compromise. Still another fun 1966 item to hang from the tree, with a forced perspective Batman on a batrope with the Jaws shark hanging from his leg - I can see that.
Some days you just can't get rid of a ... SHARK!
LizardKing

Post by LizardKing »

Hoping they do Penguin as the villain this year.
John Mack

Post by John Mack »

I could get behind this. It won't hang on the CHRISTMAS tree though. As with Andy, it will hang elsewhere.
Music. BAT! Music.
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

Yeah we do a very traditional Xmas Tree-- and to be honest I wouldn't want anything but the vintage style ornaments we use. No slight to any of you that do, we just don't.
mwilbury

Post by mwilbury »

LizardKing wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2017 2:11 pm Hoping they do Penguin as the villain this year.
Good point. We may still see a limited, in-store-only exclusive like Catwoman and Joker the last two years.

It's starting to look like we'll get an Alf-Cycle ornament before they ever get around to Robin. I hope they prove me wrong with their next announcement.
Space Ghost

Post by Space Ghost »

Glad there are still doing the line, I usually get two, but it looks like one Batcopter for sure.
You're Never Too Old to have a Happy Childhood
trevor22a

Post by trevor22a »

The Hallmark Dreambook is up with closer look at Batcopter

http://www.hallmark.com/ornaments/keeps ... I3065.html

Darknite69

Post by Darknite69 »

I'll be up for getting one when it's available for sure!
Batman65

Post by Batman65 »

Meeeeee toooooooo!!
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

5.7" x 1.3" strikes me as a little on the small side-- wouldn't that make it smaller than 1/64? Or right about there. It's nice, I like it, but I like it for about half retail and even then that's a bit expensive.
mwilbury

Post by mwilbury »

Yeah... I was hoping the listing would reveal sound effects, pullstring rotor, or something fancier to help justify the price.

While I think it over, I'll save some packing material for an in-scale Foam Rubber Wholesalers Convention at the base of the tree. "I did think I spotted it out of the corner of my eye, next to the nativity set."
Darknite69

Post by Darknite69 »

I place an order for this one. My local Hallmark store said it'll be out in July. Can't wait!
LizardKing

Post by LizardKing »

Hopefully KOHL'S gets this one as you can use 30% discount at their store. They usually get a limited selection from Hallmark each year after Labor Day.