1:50 Scale Batman Classic TV Series Batcave Desktop Sculpture From Factory Entertainment

1966 TV show type Bat-Items found on eBay, Collectibles, etc.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
You must read the MERCHANDISE RULES before participating here.
hacenterprise

What Are You Waiting For? Get it NOW!

Post by hacenterprise »

I am a TV Batman fan being a 63yo kid (with a post-grad education) who has collected HO Scale Slot Cars since '64. I debated making this purchase for a few days because it is pricey, but then (thankfully) I pulled the trigger. Upon receipt, I immediately realized that this was a true work of art and a "MUST HAVE!" Everyone will want one or wish wish they had one, so future value is a certainty. It represents the pinnacle collectible for the Classic TV BATMAN Series enthusiast! Only 250 will be made for world-wide consumption. I suspect they will be gone by the end of Spring 2019 and they will approach $1000 each by then. Then the people who purchased theirs to resell will raise the price even higher for those who did not get one now. This Batcave Sculpture will NEVER be as affordable as it is TODAY (April 2019). Fact is that nobody will sell it for less than what they sell for right now! The detailing and lighting scheme is simply fantastic and its salute to the original TV series is flawless. You will NOT be disappointed. What are you waiting for?
Lou Szabo

Re: 1:50 Scale Batman Classic TV Series Batcave Desktop Sculpture From Factory Entertainment

Post by Lou Szabo »

There’s some nice goodies out there in this scale too.
42383781-C6D0-44BB-AE68-1F5F7D048BA1.jpeg
Attachments
F5B90FE9-6734-40A4-8236-61D9A8FD9EA2.jpeg
Some days you just can't get rid of a ... SHARK!
FLOYDLEWIS

Re: 1:50 Scale Batman Classic TV Series Batcave Desktop Sculpture From Factory Entertainment

Post by FLOYDLEWIS »

I want one.. but can't afford it...well at least I have the batmobile that goes with it
antman67

Post by antman67 »

I wish I had a 3D printer. Love to be able to make this for myself.
I'm a fan of Batman 1966 and other Batman movies too
Lou Szabo

Post by Lou Szabo »

The Penny, T-Rex and Joker Card were all under $5 on eBay, each.
ArmyWarrant66

Post by ArmyWarrant66 »

FLOYDLEWIS wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 8:01 pm I want one.. but can't afford it...well at least I have the batmobile that goes with it
What scale and brand Batmobile is shown? Where did you get it? I want this set; looks awesome!
Lou Szabo

Post by Lou Szabo »

These are 1:50 scale and readily available with the tow hook/ trailer hitch
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Hot-Wheels-Bat ... dd06fb0d1b
ArmyWarrant66

Post by ArmyWarrant66 »

Szabol wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 8:31 am These are 1:50 scale and readily available with the tow hook/ trailer hitch
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Hot-Wheels-Bat ... dd06fb0d1b
Thanks, I picked one up for $15.00 delivered. It awesome. Just need to decide if the Batcave is worth the money. I can afford, but wish I could see one in person before dropping the cash. For you, was it worth the money? What was your initial impression when you first opened it vs. now? Drawbacks other than cost?
Lou Szabo

Post by Lou Szabo »

I put a description in another thread but here goes. I’ve had various scales of Batcaves from 1/64 to 1/25 or so. All cottage industry. 1/64 takes up a 1/18 scale display case, but not much detail. 1/25 gets real big real fast. Anything 1/25 or bigger needs it’s own display case but provides a nice opportunity to detail the layout if you have time and skills. 3-D printers really help here. 1/43 or 1/50 are a nice compromise, mostly due to the availability of a variety of Batmobile mfgs from Corgi on through Jada. Although there is only 1 mfg of 1/50 scale Batmobiles, the did a nice job detailing it. It’s the best we’ll see for some time due to a variety of factors including but not limited to cost, size, available market, interest in the 1966 series, etc.

Could they make it cheaper? Probably, but they would sacrifice detail by making it out of plastic or variant lightweight material. Remember the Shakespeare bust/bank. The plastic didn’t hold its shape and it seems a large number of people returned there’s or cancelled orders. It was cheap though.

Others were underwhelmed with the FE Batcave at that price point when they saw it. I would be happier at $500, and still happier at $100.

I bought Chuck’s cowl because I had about 5 different Cowls over the years, but that was the best made and most accurate to date.

I bought it because it was the best I could find at a decent price point that was displayable with enough detail and not take over the house. Your mileage may vary.