ADAM WEST MEMORIAL MAGAZINE ??

1966 TV show type Bat-Items found on eBay, Collectibles, etc.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
You must read the MERCHANDISE RULES before participating here.
chetchumley

ADAM WEST MEMORIAL MAGAZINE ??

Post by chetchumley »

has there been any mention{yet} of an ADAM WEST MEMORIAL MAGAZINE ?? i would hope to see one like they did when LEONARD NIMOY passed away...i know i for one would pick up such a mag,,,
AndyFish

Re: ADAM WEST MEMORIAL MAGAZINE ??

Post by AndyFish »

I think you can count on it.
Jim K, Bat fan

Post by Jim K, Bat fan »

Thought I would resurrect this old thread just to ask - did anyone ever see a tribute magazine?
I have not -which I find hard to believe.

Any ideas why we did not have one?
johndeblasi

Post by johndeblasi »

I'm still waiting for it. Life has a tribute magazine on the stands for lots of people right now, hell even pirates!!!
Jthree

Post by Jthree »

Have kept my eyes open for it. But haven't seen it yet. I will continue to keep keep eyes open. Adam West deserves his own face on a tribute magazine. But I have been thinking what articles what be in there. Star Trek had so many on is fiftieth anniversary, and Leonard Nimoy had three different magazines when he passed.

You know. Leonard Nimoy and other Star Trek stars were so well loved, I have expected there to bewholesale rioting in the streets when one of our TV Heroes passed. Kind of disappointed that it didn't happen. At least Adam got the Bat Signal shining in LA the week after his death. Take that Star Trek fans.

---jthree
Jim K, Bat fan

Post by Jim K, Bat fan »

I'm giving this old topic another bump - while I never did see a tribute magazine, the current issue of Filmfax #149 has a short article, "Adam West Remembered." It's not the greatest article - in fact, it appears part of the article is missing - the end of page 37 is referencing Caesar...but on page 38 we are on to another topic!

There are a few interesting photos I have not seen, and a brief interview with Adam (reprinted from an earlier issue), but not the tribute he deserves. In fact, the tribute to Martin Landau is much better and what I would have liked to have seen for Adam.
Jthree

Post by Jthree »

in the recent, Justice League magazine, there is a tribute section to Adam West. It may be the best that we're looking for.

==jthree
Blue Meanie

Post by Blue Meanie »

Not exclusively a memorial magazine to Adam West, but I did see this in the grocery store the other night. It's also on Amazon as a Kindle edition.

LIFE Rise of the Superhero: From the Golden Age to the Silver Screen

rajung

Post by rajung »

Blue Meanie wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:18 pm Not exclusively a memorial magazine to Adam West, but I did see this in the grocery store the other night. It's also on Amazon as a Kindle edition.

Yup, seen that one also a couple weeks ago .Flipped through it at the check out, nice bright color photo but that was the best of it for me so I put it back in the rack and mumbled a few not so nice words to myself
johndeblasi

Post by johndeblasi »

rajung wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:54 pm
Blue Meanie wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:18 pm Not exclusively a memorial magazine to Adam West, but I did see this in the grocery store the other night. It's also on Amazon as a Kindle edition.

Yup, seen that one also a couple weeks ago .Flipped through it at the check out, nice bright color photo but that was the best of it for me so I put it back in the rack and mumbled a few not so nice words to myself
Me to. Adam West deserves better than that!
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

He does and I'm shocked no one has jumped on this.
Keith Mayo

Post by Keith Mayo »

Published in late '97 so it cannot be considered a "memorial issue" - "Adam West Remembers" (TV Classic Treasures #1) has everything you'd expect in one. Great photos and Adam's "memoirs", if you will. Once again I give a huge shout out of THANKS! to AndyFish for hipping me to its existence.
Attachments
Adam West Remembers Batman.jpg
"It's the very essence of our democracy". - Batman, S1 Ep 11