Robin Chase

1966 TV show type Bat-Items found on eBay, Collectibles, etc.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
You must read the MERCHANDISE RULES before participating here.
Keith Mayo

Robin Chase

Post by Keith Mayo »

With the Mattel 6" figures, you had to buy the twofer "Wall Climbing" set to get a Robin figure. Now with the Funco 4" figures, the only way to snag Robin is with the Batmobile set. Why do you suppose the manufactures chose this course of action?
"It's the very essence of our democracy". - Batman, S1 Ep 11
John Mack

Re: Robin Chase

Post by John Mack »

Because, traditionally, Robin by himself peg/shelf warms for whatever reason. The thought is now, that if anyone wants Robin, they must buy a combo pack or a more expensive set to get him, thus boosting sales for the companies' bottom line. In the later runs of the Mego era, after Robin's mask became painted on rather than removable, I remember seeing nothing but Robin figures on the pegs. Ahhh, to have $1.88 X 25 back then, and wait for Ebay to arrive! Holy time travel!
Music. BAT! Music.
chetchumley

Post by chetchumley »

i also remember that period where a certain MEGO figure would sit untouched by the dozens !! only differance is in my area it was ??????the HULK
Keith Mayo

Post by Keith Mayo »

Hey, call me crazy, call me a cab or "Call Me Irresponsible" but I just can't see the '66 Robin being peg warmers. At the very least one MUST have a Robin to go with one's Batman. Then again, don't listen to me. I remarried my ex wife so how smart can I be? :-)
"It's the very essence of our democracy". - Batman, S1 Ep 11