Diamond Select Banks - Pulled the trigger

1966 TV show type Bat-Items found on eBay, Collectibles, etc.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
You must read the MERCHANDISE RULES before participating here.
Keith Mayo

Diamond Select Banks - Pulled the trigger

Post by Keith Mayo »

As I only collect tv show items that have the headsculpts of Mr. West and Mr. Ward, I've been looking at these banks online for a while now. Today I found them in a local comic book/collector's store and was quite impressed with how good they look in person. Much better than seeing them on a laptop screen. Only problem was that while all the other characters were at one reasonable price, Batman and Robin were a third higher. When I asked the owner/clerk about it he gave a mumbled, non committal answer. I stepped outside and checked evilbay and found a Batman for a much lower price and went back into the store and got the Robin. His was priced lower than what I could find online. Having a daughter who owns a store in town I fully understand that a shop keeper has to make a profit and can charge whatever price he may want, but this seemed like gouging to me.

I was also in the local Five Below store and if you collect Batman figures other than the tv version, they have several to choose from. Consider the store's name for pricing (trying to follow the rules here, donchaknow?).
"It's the very essence of our democracy". - Batman, S1 Ep 11