Batcycle for sale

1966 TV show type Bat-Items found on eBay, Collectibles, etc.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
You must read the MERCHANDISE RULES before participating here.
Meule

Batcycle for sale

Post by Meule »

Here's something you don't see on eBay every day... not my auction...
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Original-1966- ... SwSDZZmzlh

Don't know about the story, but it looks cool, even tho it still needs some work
"...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe
Ben Bentley

Re: Batcycle for sale

Post by Ben Bentley »

This is pretty interesting, i'm tempted to let someone more qualified to comment on this (Eric? Mark?) but my understanding is that the Batcyle that Kustomotive built a total of four Batcyles, two of which were seen on screen in the movie and second season. I believe at least on one of which was separated from it's side-car in order to create a further somewhat "original" bike.
Mark Racop

Post by Mark Racop »

Hopefully Eric Seltzer will chime in. I have not followed the 1966 Bat Cycle closely; just peripherally. Here is a link to Eric's great page about the Batcycle:

http://www.1966batmobile.com/batcycle1.htm

A quick look at the windshield does not inspire confidence in it being one of the original bikes. If it doesn't have any mounting brackets for the parts, that is another indicator of problems with its athenticity. It does not say the brackets are broken or weak. Unfortunately, it indicates that it might never have been assembled (odd that it would be painted if it was never assembled, though).

There are at least a dozen or so replicas out there. If you're interested in it, do your homework--make sure it's exactly what you want it to be. If you're willing to spend just a little more, you can have a brand new Batcycle if you do some internet searching. ;)
John Mack

Post by John Mack »

Here's some photos from the link, let the discussion continue...
s-l400 (2).jpg
s-l400 (2).jpg (28.33 KiB) Viewed 3102 times
Attachments
s-l400.jpg
s-l400.jpg (28.78 KiB) Viewed 3102 times
s-l400 (1).jpg
s-l400 (1).jpg (29.29 KiB) Viewed 3102 times
Music. BAT! Music.
tiltinghead

Post by tiltinghead »

There were four original Batcycle's built by Korkes and Dempski in '66.
One is at the Peterson Museum (with repro cart), one is owned by Eric Seltzer, and one or two might be in FL museums. The #1 cart is owned by a private collector (formerly owned by Eric).

All were very different when it came to paint jobs (S or Z's) or seat patterns (how many diamonds) or Bat-designs (shape of bat and face or no face) but they were all YM-1's or YDS-3's. You can't really tell the difference between the two models, but more about engine size.

The bike on eBay is NOT a YM-1 or a YDS-3. The shape of the fairing, seat and side-car wing is not correct, compared to the other 4. The sidecar is typically welded to the actual bike and for some reason this doesn't have a sidecar. I can't comment on the cart since it is hard to see, but if it is fiberglass versus steel it is probably not original.

My guess is this was built in the early 2000's by a fan and someone gave-up on their project.