Building 12" Batman Figure For Less Than $50

1966 TV show type Bat-Items found on eBay, Collectibles, etc.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
You must read the MERCHANDISE RULES before participating here.
Keith Mayo

Building 12" Batman Figure For Less Than $50

Post by Keith Mayo »

Necessity (and being poor) is the mother of invention they say. Snagged a Ken off evilbay which arrived today. Stripped off the Batsuit and slapped it on a Dragon Michael Chan figure. Cut Ken's "mittens" and slid up forearm. Seams will be fixed later. Reattached Chan's gloved hands (to be painted later) and cut the back out of Ken's boots just to use for display until a pair of Dragon boots arrived. They will be cut to points and painted to match the gloved hands. Is it a cool as the HT Batman figure? No. Did it cost more than a car payment? Heck no!
Attachments
thumbnail.jpg
"It's the very essence of our democracy". - Batman, S1 Ep 11
Keith Mayo

Re: Building 12" Batman Figure For Less Than $50

Post by Keith Mayo »

Just snagged this Dragon head to swap out. I think with the cowl he'll look a lot like Adam West.
Attachments
s-l275.jpg
s-l275.jpg (26.98 KiB) Viewed 2963 times
Ben Bentley

Post by Ben Bentley »

Big Daddy K wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:57 pm Just snagged this Dragon head to swap out. I think with the cowl he'll look a lot like Adam West.
Interested to see your result. Always cool to see people do customs on a budget!
Lou Szabo

Post by Lou Szabo »

Good Luck. I worked with Wes On mine several years ago. Even with a $12 Soldiers of the world figure, it was into it for about $300 with a custom box. I should have just bought the whole thing from Wes, but the journey was fun! There so much more source material some 8 years later, especially the Ken costume. Did you get the Barbie Catwoman?

Innercircletoys was a great source for accessories.
Some days you just can't get rid of a ... SHARK!
zarm106

Post by zarm106 »

Big Daddy K...don't worry about it not being exact to specs. When I first embarked on building a custom Captain America which I still have today. Half of the fun is the process to build it. I learned which body types to purchase to build customs and learned which head sculpts fit best with which bodies. The experience building the Captain America helped me build my custom Kato. I found that Captain Action and Marvel have uniform sets on Ebay that you can purchase to help build your customs. If you have questions, please pm me for ideas.
Keith Mayo

Post by Keith Mayo »

Szabol wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 1:24 pmDid you get the Barbie Catwoman?
No, my collection is strictly Batman and Robin as depicted in the classic tv show.