Bradford exchange Batmobile

1966 TV show type Bat-Items found on eBay, Collectibles, etc.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
You must read the MERCHANDISE RULES before participating here.
AndyFish

Re: Bradford exchange Batmobile

Post by AndyFish »

Licensors usually have to produce a realistic prototype that is "in spirit" with the actual production model, most of the time. In my limited experience with licensing I've seen products canceled when they didn't hit that level of quality. Production is tricky, molds shrink, cheap labor isn't always reliable as a lot of this stuff is put together by the piece--i.e. a worker has three minutes to do their part of the production and get it back on the belt, or the workers are kids (sad reality).

It seems like Bradford Exchange has a long history of sloppy production values. I buy my checks from them but then in this modern age of electronic payments a book of checks lasts me five years or more, so my order frequency from them has been very limited. I wasn't even aware they made 3D products until it was brought up here on the boards.
To The Batpoles!

Post by To The Batpoles! »

OK, so I rec'd mine as well and I have to say it's definitely lacking in the detail dept. I do like the light-up and sound features though. I think I'm going to go ahead and hold onto mine and try to find a really Talented Model Painting artist out there who will take this baby and give it a proper pin striping job!

Anyone here have a suggestion or know of just such a person I need to get in touch with?

=Frank=
The Early Bird may get the Worm, but it's the SECOND Mouse that gets the CHEESE!
Lou Szabo

Post by Lou Szabo »

You might want to port the sound and lights to either a Polar Lights model or another 1/25 metal ( Jada, Hot Wheels) and get the best of both worlds
Some days you just can't get rid of a ... SHARK!