Bradford exchange Batmobile

1966 TV show type Bat-Items found on eBay, Collectibles, etc.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
You must read the MERCHANDISE RULES before participating here.
Ben Bentley

Re: Bradford exchange Batmobile

Post by Ben Bentley »

Just wow. No words.
SprangFan

Post by SprangFan »

That's a feature. I wonder if futura will clear up the frosted glass?
Futura. Ha, I see what you did there. ;)

It's hard to be sure from the photo, but it looks like the two sides of the canopy are uneven, with Robin's taller and more oblong than Batman's. Which is the opposite of the fins, where Batman's side looks higher.

Maybe they didn't have access to the recent 3-D scans, but how hard would it be to just pop a new mold from one of the many existing cars put out by various vendors in the last few years? This one looks like it was done by hand with Super-Sculpey.
"You were right again, Batman. We might have been killed."
"Or worse. Let's go..."
BATWINGED HORNET

Post by BATWINGED HORNET »

SprangFan wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:29 am Oh....my.

I'm guessing they're called "Bradford Exchange" because the first thing customers say is "How do I exchange this?"

HAAHAA! Good one, and from the looks of it, probably true!
Beneath Wayne Manor
Yellow Oval

Post by Yellow Oval »

Wow! I would ask how they could mess this up but it's Bradford Exchange - not the most professional business around. I could never see any of the Batman '66 items because they put up an online Berlin Wall of sorts with those of us in Canada only able to see their Canadian website. Every attempt to view the U.S. or U.K. one always resulted in a reroute back to the Canadian site which, true to the law of Canadian retail, offers very little choice compared to elsewhere.

In any event, through the law of unintended consequence, by not being able to access the U.S. site I have been saved from purchasing this abomination (and others from the sounds of it on here). The figures aren't too bad (though nothing to brag about), but that vehicle is atrocious! How did they go from that sharp looking prototype of car and figures to the Play-Doh versions? The headlights aren't even yellow!!! Whoever green-lighted this...Give them a raise!!!! :roll:
"Hmmm... I don't like the twist this joke is taking. Let us away! Let us away!"
SprangFan

Post by SprangFan »

I could never see any of the Batman '66 items because they put up an online Berlin Wall of sorts with those of us in Canada only able to see their Canadian website.
You didn't miss much. Here's the gist of it.

"Or worse. Let's go..."
Yellow Oval

Post by Yellow Oval »

SprangFan, you gotta be kidding? I recognize the products on the left that definitely aren't Bradford's but the ones on the right? Please tell me they didn't really ship that junk? :shock:
SprangFan

Post by SprangFan »

Well, that joke backfired. That's 15 minutes of Photoshopping I'll never get back! LOL

The images on the right are foreign bootlegs that have shown up on the web from time to time. I just picked the ones I thought looked the worst for comedic effect.

Thank goodness for the day job...
"Or worse. Let's go..."
Ben Bentley

Post by Ben Bentley »

SprangFan wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:05 pm Well, that joke backfired. That's 15 minutes of Photoshopping I'll never get back! LOL

The images on the right are foreign bootlegs that have shown up on the web from time to time. I just picked the ones I thought looked the worst for comedic effect.

Thank goodness for the day job...
If it's any small consolation, your efforts evoked a short but never the less audible titter from me as I was catching up on this thread.
rajung

Post by rajung »

Got me on that one for a second also. First thought that came to mind while looking at those" maybe I should just drive over the car before opening the box with my Jeep. I will post picks when it arrives but I am sure I will not be the only one. Like in my other post, the windshield on the Cuckoo clock was 1/4" off on one side, so expecting some surprises on this one. If its like the pics posted, I will definitely send back even if postage is due. If its that bad they need to be heard by us and that "were not gonna take it" song plays over and over.
Yellow Oval

Post by Yellow Oval »

'We're Not Gonna Take It'? Wasn't that by Twisted Batmen?

SprangFan, can't so much say the joke backfired as more like job well done as you had me (and some others) going for a bit. ;) Too funny!
Lou Szabo

Post by Lou Szabo »

Got some tracking info...I sure hope that picture on Facebook was in error. On the other hand, it does harken back to 1966 Batmania where everything remotely related to Batman was launched on the masses. I'm surprised D.C. and the actors signed off on the prototypes.
Some days you just can't get rid of a ... SHARK!
johndeblasi

Post by johndeblasi »

So glad I cancelled the Batmobile and returned Batman at the Batcomputer!
The pre-order images looked so promising. What a waste of time and effort.
BiffPow

Post by BiffPow »

SERIOUSLY? It looks like a 3rd grader's model paint job.
BiffPow

Post by BiffPow »

LOL - Robin looks like he is an old man wearing glasses. Made me laugh.
rajung

Post by rajung »

This is my first time ordering from them, only due to the 66 Batman items. if in fact the car looks as bad as the previous picture I hope everyone sends it back if they don't like it , that way they figure out that its not only a couple the don't like it and assume it was a hit.
Cant believe they have so many other items like Munsters , Addams Family and such.
Should have done a search on those items to see comments. Those look pretty cool also, just like the Batman stuff does, "did". Franklin Mint keeps coming to mind.
Attachments
rr.jpg
rr.jpg (127.47 KiB) Viewed 6693 times