Holy Henchmen, FTC Goons

1966 TV show type Bat-Items found on eBay, Collectibles, etc.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
You must read the MERCHANDISE RULES before participating here.
Therin of Andor

Re: Holy Henchmen, FTC Goons

Post by Therin of Andor »

Szabol wrote: Thu Jul 05, 2018 5:06 am Ian,
She looks great!

I got the costume for molly, but need custom gloves and boots as the set that came with the costume connects to nubs at the ends of the legs and arms. Otherwise she looks great.
Thanks. I used the Robin costume that came with the set-of-four 7" Teen Titans wave (Hawk, Dove, Beast Boy, Robin) I bought from Figures Toy Company, because I already had a 7" First Appearance Robin standing with my other Titans figures. I sliced off the Robin face for Molly to hold as a mask. I think her flesh-coloured tights came from a Supergirl.
THE BATPHONE! wrote: Sun Jun 24, 2018 8:34 pm Currently on their website are alternate versions of these packs, replacing the moll with the villain then henchmen work for. Supposedly limited to 25 pieces each worldwide.
Yes indeed, still there: the male Goons sets from FTC repackaged with the Arch Villains replacing the female molls (ie. Joker, Riddler, Penguin, Freeze and both Catwomen).
"Holy nostalgia, Batman!"
Therin of Andor

(aka Ian McLean, from Sydney, Australia)
Ben Bentley

Post by Ben Bentley »

What a time to be alive, eh?! It's rather magical that these exist at all, let alone getting into the likeness aspect.
Therin of Andor

Ben Bentley wrote: Tue Jul 10, 2018 2:22 pm What a time to be alive, eh?! It's rather magical that these exist at all, let alone getting into the likeness aspect.
I wanted all these items in 1967!

I also remember doing whatever we could to upgrade my little brother's 8" comic book Megos in the 70s to better resemble the TV characters: Tarzan's tights for Robin, darkening Batman's cowl with a blue Texta and creating a different chest logo, adding a yellow lining to Batgirl's cape, crude attempts at customising Mr Freeze, King Tut, Egghead and Mad Hatter...
Therin of Andor

Therin of Andor

The GOONs and molls are now available individually, in factory bags:

Goons and molls by Ian McLean, on Flickr

http://www.classictvtoys.com/batmanclas ... 1-1-2.aspx
Therin of Andor

vintagematt

Post by vintagematt »

Awesome!
"Batman told him a super funny joke. When the creature didn't laugh, that was proof!"
TBolt

Post by TBolt »

next step is clothes loose. I am holding out for that since the AJ heads are UGLY and don't fit in with the FTC line very well.
To the Bat-Elephant!!