Holy Henchmen, FTC Goons

1966 TV show type Bat-Items found on eBay, Collectibles, etc.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
You must read the MERCHANDISE RULES before participating here.
Lou Szabo

Holy Henchmen, FTC Goons

Post by Lou Szabo »

IMG_6929.JPG
IMG_6930.JPG
IMG_6931.JPG
IMG_6932.JPG
IMG_6933.JPG
I see a Robin outfit on the Riddler Hanchwoman. Who's with me!
Some days you just can't get rid of a ... SHARK!
AndyFish

Re: Holy Henchmen, FTC Goons

Post by AndyFish »

Looks like FTC was planning on bringing back Action Jackson, judging by the Goon heads.
It's a shame the bodies on this whole line are so poorly made, if they could hold a pose without falling apart they would have been a lot more appealing to me.
TBolt

Post by TBolt »

The Action Jackson heads killed it for me. At that price it'd be good to get head sculpts that look like they belong in the line. These just look cheap. AJ was fugly in the 70s.
To the Bat-Elephant!!
svl

Post by svl »

The Catwoman henchmen might be worth it for the wardrobe... if I could snag 'em on sale.
TBolt

Post by TBolt »

yeah, I'm going to wait out FTC parting them out or selling just the suits
To the Bat-Elephant!!
Therin of Andor

Post by Therin of Andor »

I eventually caved and got the Penguin and Catwoman sets last week. It's hard to see in the packaging, but you also get three rubbery bowler hats and three leatherette cat hats. I will do some head-swapping, I think. Miss Natural Resources (Finella), in the Penguin set, has a very nice gold swimsuit and sash, hidden from view, and the fur coat is great, but I want to use the very nice blonde head for a different custom (Flamebird of "Titans West"). Miss Natural Resources has shorter hair in her episode. (Ditto, Miss Iceland, in the Mr Freeze set, has the wrong hairstyle.) Eenie's top is nice and I was thinking of putting her into Finella's gold boots, instead, and some gold tights. I had been planning to make an Eenie custom anyway.

I had already made a single River Rat custom, using a hoodie from another figure, and i made lots of Penguin G.O.O.N.s (using the four "Three Stooges", and a Lex Luthor for barefooted Octopus), so I tried to stay a little reserved and not be completist about the new Riddler, Joker and Freeze sets. The Joker's G.O.O.N.s are not exciting enough, even on TV, to custom (hence I made a custom Verdigris the Martian instead). I think I'd prefer Mr Glee to berets and vests. I actually had to look up Mousey and Queenie online to remember them and compare their costumes and hair. At first, my mind was confusing Miss Iceland with redheaded Glacier Glaze/Emma Strunk, and I was thinking of putting *her* into the fur coat.

A great idea, FTC, but I would have loved to see these sets earlier. Amazing to think they got done at all! Overall, I was excited.

If FTC is looking for another fun set, not necessarily exactly from the show, I'd love a set of arch villains in b/w prison stripes (such as worn by Ma Parker and Zelda - and everyone in that "Brave and the Bold" episode). That was a missed opportunity for the "Dr Cassandra" prison-break sequence.

Very surprised that Jockey Penguin never showed up. That would be magnificent.
"Holy nostalgia, Batman!"
Therin of Andor

(aka Ian McLean, from Sydney, Australia)
rickkrefft

Post by rickkrefft »

Jockey Penguin is my most want figure from FTC followed by Mayor Penguin, Pasha Mad Hatter and Elephant gas mask Riddler.
vintagematt

Post by vintagematt »

:D Wow! Personally I think that these don't look half bad! But I wish that FTC would make a second penguin set with the pirate goons from the movie, with Kitka as the moll! :D
"Batman told him a super funny joke. When the creature didn't laugh, that was proof!"
vintagematt

Post by vintagematt »

Currently on their website are alternate versions of these packs, replacing the moll with the villain then henchmen work for. Supposedly limited to 25 pieces each worldwide.
"Batman told him a super funny joke. When the creature didn't laugh, that was proof!"
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

Ha-- Action Jackson wasn't the best looking guy in the action figure world, but then again neither was GI Joe.
I think Captain Action got all the doll ladies.
Lou Szabo

Post by Lou Szabo »

I like that red head Riddler Moll in a Robin outfit. She has a certain "GLOW" about her. What a way to GoGo

What color would you call that hair:

Light Red, Dark Red, Brunette, Dirty blonde?

http://www.classictvtoys.com/dccomicsre ... y-1-1.aspx
http://www.classictvtoys.com/8inchwomen ... china.aspx
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

Shouldn't Miss Iceland be blonde? Seems like a silly thing to miss.
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

Szabol wrote: Mon Jun 25, 2018 11:26 am I like that red head Riddler Moll in a Robin outfit. She has a certain "GLOW" about her. What a way to GoGo

What color would you call that hair:

Light Red, Dark Red, Brunette, Dirty blonde?

http://www.classictvtoys.com/dccomicsre ... y-1-1.aspx
http://www.classictvtoys.com/8inchwomen ... china.aspx
Strawberry blonde isn't it?
Therin of Andor

Post by Therin of Andor »

Szabol wrote: Mon Jun 25, 2018 11:26 am I like that red head Riddler Moll in a Robin outfit. She has a certain "GLOW" about her. What a way to GoGo
My Molly custom:

BAT Molly by Ian McLean, on Flickr
"Holy nostalgia, Batman!"
Therin of Andor

(aka Ian McLean, from Sydney, Australia)
Lou Szabo

Post by Lou Szabo »

Ian,
She looks great!

I got the costume for molly, but need custom gloves and boots as the set that came with the costume connects to nubs at the ends of the legs and arms. Otherwise she looks great.