EXCLUSIVE — BATMAN ’66 OMNIBUS Coming This Summer

1966 TV show type Bat-Items found on eBay, Collectibles, etc.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
You must read the MERCHANDISE RULES before participating here.
Dan Greenfield

EXCLUSIVE — BATMAN ’66 OMNIBUS Coming This Summer

Post by Dan Greenfield »

Hey, Batfolks!

Just posted this at 13th Dimension:

https://13thdimension.com/exclusive-bat ... is-summer/

Check it out, if you like!

-- Dan
gothosmansion

Re: EXCLUSIVE — BATMAN ’66 OMNIBUS Coming This Summer

Post by gothosmansion »

Thanks for the heads-up. I bought the series in collected edition, but I would have waited if I had known an omnibus was coming.
Blue Meanie

Post by Blue Meanie »

gothosmansion wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2018 3:05 pm Thanks for the heads-up. I bought the series in collected edition, but I would have waited if I had known an omnibus was coming.
I did the same. It appears only Solo #7 is unique or "new" to this collection, but I'm happy with my hardcover volumes 1-5.
Therin of Andor

Post by Therin of Andor »

Oh, I think I have "Solo" #7, but stored with my Titans stuff, due to the Wondergirl cover. Cool!
"Holy nostalgia, Batman!"
Therin of Andor

(aka Ian McLean, from Sydney, Australia)
Blue Meanie

Post by Blue Meanie »

Amazon and B&N has this as the cover of “Batman '66 Omnibus”
Ben Bentley

Post by Ben Bentley »

Blue Meanie wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2018 9:21 pm Amazon and B&N has this as the cover of “Batman '66 Omnibus”
I really hope this is just a default image of some sort, of all of Mike Allred's mostly lackluster covers (in my opinion), this one ranks as one of the most sterile and frankly boring of the entire run.
robinboyblunderer

Post by robinboyblunderer »

Ben Bentley wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2018 5:06 am
Blue Meanie wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2018 9:21 pm Amazon and B&N has this as the cover of “Batman '66 Omnibus”
I really hope this is just a default image of some sort, of all of Mike Allred's mostly lackluster covers (in my opinion), this one ranks as one of the most sterile and frankly boring of the entire run.
I like this cover but then I like Allred's art quite a bit. There's something cartoony with an undercurrent of strangeness I find appealing. In a lot of his work he manages to draw sexy women who look real with their proportions and a proper understanding of anatomy.

I like the angle of the characters and the nod to the cartoon opening of the show.

The bigger (pun intended) concern is the Omnibus. It took me owning two such giant tomes before I realized I don't like 'em. Too big and awkward to read, too big to carry around. I guess it's more of a collector item but I'm not one for that, I'm trying to get rid of stuff not accumulate more. Anyway, I don't get the appeal unless it's just to peruse the art, except with so many artists that's not consistent as well.

Does anyone actually read these types of volumes?

cheers
gothosmansion

Post by gothosmansion »

Yes, I have gotten a good number of omnibuses. Although they are very expensive, they tend to offer more material for the money...meaning getting the same amount of material spread over several books would cost more. My complaint is that publishers may be cutting the page counts down too much. The recent Batgirl omnibus was only 500 pages.

Also, I bought the Golden Age Batman material in the Archive editions, so I didn't get the omnibuses for those. I wish I had waited. The omnibuses don't cost much more than the archives volumes did.
TBolt

Post by TBolt »

I've gotten the Hellboy Library editions and really enjoy them. The first Avengers Omnibus is nice, too.
To the Bat-Elephant!!
Therin of Andor

Here's the new version:

Batman 66 omnibus by Ian McLean, on Flickr
Therin of Andor

vintagematt

Post by vintagematt »

That is much better!!
"Batman told him a super funny joke. When the creature didn't laugh, that was proof!"
mwilbury

Post by mwilbury »

Very nice. I'm tempted, mostly because I can finally own an official print of the Martin Ansin artwork on the new cover.

I agree with some of the previous comments regarding Allred's art. I want to love it, but his characters tend to be a little stiff. The eye-popping coloration is sometimes off-putting for me as well, with everything operating on the same plane... no rest for the eye.
ChAnOoD

Post by ChAnOoD »

I´m tempted to get it, even for it´s price. If I´m not mistaken, we only got the first 5 numbers printed in Spain, along with a few crossovers or the Two-Face story.
Therin of Andor

ChAnOoD wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 1:04 pm I´m tempted to get it, even for it´s price. If I´m not mistaken, we only got the first 5 numbers printed in Spain, along with a few crossovers or the Two-Face story.
This giant omnibus has no crossover stories. Issues #1-30 (which have been collected before, in five volumes), the Two-Face issue (previously reprinted in the volume #4 collection) and the "Solo" story.
Therin of Andor

ChAnOoD

Post by ChAnOoD »

I know, Andor, just saying that we got the "Green Hornet/Batman" and other crossovers in Spain, instead of the main series. I guess it has to do with sales, as they only did one volume of "Batman 66". Omnibus here would cost half of the price on the States, but maybe I´ll get it anyway. I guess there wouldn´t be a big difference between getting all the volumes and this one.