HOT TOYS.. Dead?

1966 TV show type Bat-Items found on eBay, Collectibles, etc.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
You must read the MERCHANDISE RULES before participating here.
Gryck

HOT TOYS.. Dead?

Post by Gryck »

Is the Hot Toys line officially dead?

I know there was the brighter blue Adam at a toy fair a couple years ago as well as the Joker pics that went around.. Does anyone know if this line is officially dead at this point? Seems like quite a while since we saw the promo's.. I may just be very late to the information.
Lou Szabo

Re: HOT TOYS.. Dead?

Post by Lou Szabo »

Dead! Flat line. "Up the shoot"
The claim is sales were not as good as they wanted. There was a Batgirl in the works too.

The owner is a big 66 Batman fan, and even bought a very large collection from a premiere Batman collector. He's had a 66 Batcave made to go with his Batmobile, but we won't have that to play with. I do know someone else is working on a 1/6 scale Batmobile kit, but it's hush hush, so keep it quiet.

I can keep a secret...it's the people I tell that can't keep a secret.
Some days you just can't get rid of a ... SHARK!
Yellow Oval

Post by Yellow Oval »

I was hoping for more Batman '66 items as the majority of the Batman stuff they put out is garbage and I have no interest. Then again, I start to wonder how long Sideshow/Hot Toys will be around as when I first started buying I would get email ads once every week or two and now I can get up to 3 ads a day! I picture they have a warehouse with all their 250,000 different versions of Iron Man, Star Wars and everything else just backing up more and more as they have increasing trouble trying to move very expensive product. Just my own guess and observation.
"Hmmm... I don't like the twist this joke is taking. Let us away! Let us away!"
Gryck

Post by Gryck »

Fair.

I was also hoping for a Batgirl premium format after the Batman and Catwoman seemed to have sold respectively.
Anyone hear anything on a continuation of 66 Premium formats?
Lou Szabo

Post by Lou Szabo »

Please keep in mind those premiums are not Hot Toys, but Sideshow. I think Hot Toys is limited to 1/6 scale.
Gryck

Post by Gryck »

Szabol wrote: Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:29 am Please keep in mind those premiums are not Hot Toys, but Sideshow. I think Hot Toys is limited to 1/6 scale.

Totally! i think my mind went to them since it was my other favourite line that seems to possibly be done. I figured IF they would do more, it would probably been the following year and nothing.
A Yvonne in a Sideshow Premium would be amazing.
vintagematt

Post by vintagematt »

Sad, although I didn't pick up the batman and robin, as I usually just collect the villains (the exact opposite of most people I know!). But I was hoping for a penguin or catwoman, since I have been waiting for a good quality catwoman figure for ages now, I thought the FTC catwoman was the awnser but that turned out to be a disappointment, and the Barbie goes for too much now, and the toner was just overpriced! Well, I guess I may be tempted to try to make a custom hot toys style catwoman now....
"Batman told him a super funny joke. When the creature didn't laugh, that was proof!"
ChAnOoD

Post by ChAnOoD »

I was worried about that, knowing there were a Joker figure in the works. While I understand people would demand current stuff (but I can´t see why people would like to buy thousands of Iron Man figures or the same Spiderman or BatFleck in different editions), I think they could use those benefits to try with licences like Bats 66. Even with a smaller run or whatever. It´d be cool to have a Cesar Romero Joker, Newmar´s Catwoman or Craig´s Batgirl.
Brian M

Post by Brian M »

I was just wondering about this as I just picked up Batman and Robin last week. These figures look amazing! Would love to see more in this line. Who knows maybe they will do a 66 Bat-Iron Man. Iron Man seems to be their focus now. By the way if you take out Robin's shoulder pads he looks even better.
Lou Szabo

Post by Lou Szabo »

In one of the threads there is a discussion about Hot Toys focus on Movie figures, so for us, that would not mean Julie's Catwoman. I just sold my Ken/Barbie to a collector in Europe, so I don't think those are going for over $100 yet. If your price point is under $50, the likeness won't be there, nor costume fit/accuracy. There is a rumor that FTC will make some 1/6 scale figures - so we can hope for that...they may be just under $50 is they can do it. We'll put Dan Greenfield on the case...
allknighters

Post by allknighters »

What a shame! I absolutely love my Hot Toy’s Batman and Robin and was hoping to have a Joker to add once I saw that amazing prototype for it! Oh well, glad we got what we did! Was also looking forward to the Misadventures of Adam West figure that was cancelled.
Lou Szabo

Post by Lou Szabo »

Look around for that figure. It's been on ebay and some other sites as ready for shipping.

https://www.timewalkertoys.com/The-Misa ... r-adam.htm
Lou Szabo

Post by Lou Szabo »

Another commissioned option
http://innercircletoys.com/portofolio.html
Yellow Oval

Post by Yellow Oval »

Brian M wrote: Mon Mar 05, 2018 2:50 pm I was just wondering about this as I just picked up Batman and Robin last week. These figures look amazing! Would love to see more in this line. Who knows maybe they will do a 66 Bat-Iron Man. Iron Man seems to be their focus now. By the way if you take out Robin's shoulder pads he looks even better.
Thy have been Iron Man-obsessed since the first film was released. For years their ads have been 'Iron Man - this version' and 'Iron Man - that version'. I got so sick of it I once sent them an email suggesting they do something new and innovating like start producing Iron Man figures. I continue receiving their ads because every now again they do offer something interesting, but for the most part the company's creativity is very limited and mostly lacking in many respects. In Batman, for instance, they're like a broken record only offering versions from recent Batman video games or Nolan's Batman or Batfleck. They don't seem to get that many (potential?) collectors with the cash are from the pre-Miller era and prefer the look of when Batman was Batman.

Then again, they could do a whack of business if they realized producing product from a number of shows and movies - anything from Universal Classic Monsters to sci-fi '60s into the '80s - is completely untapped. They have touched on it from time to time when they did Beneath the Planet of the Apes General Ursus and a couple ape soldiers, but they don't seem to try too hard to appeal to what could be a larger market out there.
"Hmmm... I don't like the twist this joke is taking. Let us away! Let us away!"
Lou Szabo

Post by Lou Szabo »

Sideshow made a large number of the figures from the Classic Universal era in 1/6 scale. I just sold off the Wolfman collection. These go back to the 1990's I don't know if their target demographic would go be interested in those, but I'm not in their target demographic.