HOT TOYS.. Dead?

1966 TV show type Bat-Items found on eBay, Collectibles, etc.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
You must read the MERCHANDISE RULES before participating here.
Yellow Oval

Re: HOT TOYS.. Dead?

Post by Yellow Oval »

Szabol wrote: Wed Mar 07, 2018 7:57 pm Sideshow made a large number of the figures from the Classic Universal era in 1/6 scale. I just sold off the Wolfman collection. These go back to the 1990's I don't know if their target demographic would go be interested in those, but I'm not in their target demographic.
Szabol, you're absolutely right! I have to admit I was wrong on that one and stand corrected. I just received the very hard to find The Aurora Monsters: The Model Craze That Gripped The World DVD that I searched endlessly for and was surprised to learn that very fact. It seems their involvement with the Classic Monsters line was way before I was even aware of Sideshow. I will say that their Classic Monsters products look to have been top-notch as usual with Sideshow.
"Hmmm... I don't like the twist this joke is taking. Let us away! Let us away!"
BatToys

Post by BatToys »

I heard from an impeccable source Hot Toys is definitely making the Yvonne Craig Batgirl prototype. He was very clear it was definite.

The person making the 1/6 Batmobile kit is a company or fan made?
BATWINGED HORNET

Post by BATWINGED HORNET »

If the sales were low for HT's Batman '66 line, I cannot say I'm surprised. The higher quality 1/6 scale format has always been for very selective consumers, and if the adapted property is not on that top shelf of interest (like Star Wars), one cannot expect some larger line of what are already very expensive figures.

When it comes to '66 Batman, who would realistically expect figures such as a some one-off villain (or even Alfred) when an inarguably more popular character like Romero's Joker was not produced? Moreover, Hot Toys was lucky to just get the main characters released; after all, of '66 Batman fans...

How many are buying merchandise, specifically toys?
Of that narrow number, how many are interested in expensive 1/6 scale figures?
Of that interested number, how many want more than Batman & Robin?

Will a Batgirl sell even half as well as Batman and Robin?
Beneath Wayne Manor
rickkrefft

Post by rickkrefft »

Batgirl would be the last one I would personally want to buy. Joker, Penguin, Riddler and Catwoman would have all been on my shopping list though, as well as that fantastic Batmobile.
Gryck

Post by Gryck »

I feel like the Batgirl talk still keeps coming around.. does this mean there could still be a chance for her? or do we call it a day...
Mr.Freeze

Post by Mr.Freeze »

Riddler : HT is dead........DEAD !

*grins and
giggles*

(sarcasm alert) ;)

BWH , you make a lot of sense , its niche market sadly :(
ChAnOoD

Post by ChAnOoD »

BatToys wrote: Thu Mar 08, 2018 11:10 am I heard from an impeccable source Hot Toys is definitely making the Yvonne Craig Batgirl prototype. He was very clear it was definite.
If that´s true, I hope it won´t end like Cesar Romero´s Joker. They had the prototype done, yet didn´t release it. Also, Batgirl isn´t in the flick; would be strange to have the movie rights and include a character from the series :?
rickkrefft

Post by rickkrefft »

When Batgirl was first mentioned as coming out it was shortly after Yvonne's death. My guess is they maybe did plan on her release at that time because sadly a death of a famous person sells more (I believe this is why Figures Toy Company and Tweeterhead both rushed their Batgirls out) I think Hot Toys just realized they could not get her out as quickly as they liked, and then too much time passed and they just shelved the idea altogether. I would be shocked if we ever see the Batmobile, Joker, Batgirl or the rumored Penguin and Lee's version of Catwoman they were working on. I also agree I have to wonder why they'd make Batgirl at all considering Batman,Robin and Joker were all clearly based on the movie going by the accessories that came with the figures, and the fact that they were working on Lee's Catwoman over the more popular Julie's Catwoman. I don't see Batgirl's connection to the movie and other figures they planned/made, nor do I see them making her over Julie.
Lou Szabo

Post by Lou Szabo »

Yellow Oval wrote: Thu Mar 08, 2018 6:01 am
Szabol wrote: Wed Mar 07, 2018 7:57 pm Sideshow made a large number of the figures from the Classic Universal era in 1/6 scale. I just sold off the Wolfman collection. These go back to the 1990's I don't know if their target demographic would go be interested in those, but I'm not in their target demographic.
Szabol, you're absolutely right! I have to admit I was wrong on that one and stand corrected. I just received the very hard to find The Aurora Monsters: The Model Craze That Gripped The World DVD that I searched endlessly for and was surprised to learn that very fact. It seems their involvement with the Classic Monsters line was way before I was even aware of Sideshow. I will say that their Classic Monsters products look to have been top-notch as usual with Sideshow.
They made both 8" and 12" figures. These are a subset of the figures they made
Sideshow 12 inch UM.jpg
Sideshow 12 inch UM.jpg (10.14 KiB) Viewed 4669 times
Series 3 (back).JPG
Some days you just can't get rid of a ... SHARK!
BatToys

Post by BatToys »

If you post on the Sideshow Freaks Forum and the Hot Toys official Facebook page about the Hot Toys 1966 Batman line, I guarantee the Hot Toys decision makers read it.