Build a 1:8 scale Batmobile with Eaglemoss

1966 TV show type Bat-Items found on eBay, Collectibles, etc.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
You must read the MERCHANDISE RULES before participating here.
John Mack

Build a 1:8 scale Batmobile with Eaglemoss

Post by John Mack »

Join Eaglemoss and build a 1:8 Batmobile with your subscription. Apparently, it will take 100 issues to complete. Be sure to scroll down in the ad to see a bonus...Batman and Robin figures! You'll also receive a replica metal license plate (first version) a Batmobile themed binder to keep your Batman/Batmobile themed issues in, and a base for your completed HUGE METAL Batmobile. Yes, apparently it's metal.

http://batmobileusa.eaglemoss.com/index.php

PS: Be careful Batfans!! If you subscribe to the Batman magazine offer they will charge you FOUR TIMES A MONTH! I was all set to do this at once a month, then I read that they will bill you FOUR times a month. So, you'll receive four issues a month, once a week. Crazy.
Music. BAT! Music.
AndyFish

Re: Build a 1:8 scale Batmobile with Eaglemoss

Post by AndyFish »

Wow-- this is kind of cool.
So you get a 1/8th scale Batmobile which puts it at about 20" long with a free stand and Batman and Robin figures for (drumroll please) about $1600 if you go with the premium offer.

You'd have to do 4x a month because otherwise it's going to take 8 1/2 years to build this (I actually did the math)! As it is at four a month you're putting the last screws in two years from now.

So here's the question-- is this the kind of thing that rockets up in value as it gets to the end of the subscription run and people realize how cool it is and that they should have jumped on board? Or does that matter?

I love it-- the pics make it look like the parts are unpainted but I'm sure they are painted and shown that way just for details.

I'd be in but honestly where am I going to put it? $800 a year for the fun of having a weekly part to add to your Batmobile breaks down to about $2.25 a day-- cut out that cup of coffee you buy while you're out and you've found the money for it.

But like I said-- no idea what I'd do with it.
Very cool though.
Lou Szabo

Post by Lou Szabo »

I thought they started that a few years ago and canned it. Maybe this is the US version. Still it would be a superior Mego vehicle
Also, the figures seem to be closer to 1/10 scale if Adam is 6'3" or 75", and the Batman figure is 7.4" (188 mm).
That being the case, the Mego's would sit over top of the windscreen.

Has anyone seen dimensions for the Batmobile? 50 cm or 19.685". That's the size of the 1/12 scale Batmobile that sells for $50 from Mattel if the #1 Batmobile is 225" long.

A true 1/8 scale is 28-1/8" long, almost 10" longer.
A true 1/9 scale is 25" long
I think I just saved everyone $1600 plus labor.
Some days you just can't get rid of a ... SHARK!
rajung

Post by rajung »

I don't see anywhere that they offer a guarantee.
Suppose a person could wind up with a rolling chassis
Keith Mayo

Post by Keith Mayo »

AndyFish wrote: Wed Apr 04, 2018 8:20 am I'd be in but honestly where am I going to put it? $800 a year for the fun of having a weekly part to add to your Batmobile breaks down to about $2.25 a day-- cut out that cup of coffee you buy while you're out and you've found the money for it.
When I first saw the ad for this subscription the first thing I did was the math. I thought that was an outrageous amount of money to spend on a Batmobile. Then I started thinking along the lines of what Andy said and figured "What the hell?".

Is there a 12 Step Program for this? :-)
"It's the very essence of our democracy". - Batman, S1 Ep 11
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

Giving a quick look through Eagle Moss and it's history the company seems to be on solid ground, so the idea that they could fold midway through the production of a two year model seems unlikely, so I wouldn't let that give you pause.
tenderheart bear

Post by tenderheart bear »

I collected their Marvel Figurine Collection which must have run for 5 years, the DC Comics Figurine collection whch ran for maybe 3 years as well as the Batmobile Automobilia Collection and various Marvel and DC chess sets and they were all completed. Their Doctor Who Figurine Collection is still going strong 4 years or so later, and they have numerous other things running as we speak including lines related to Batman: The Animated Series, Justice League, 2000 A.D. and so on.

I'd assume at this stage, all the component parts to make the Batmobile exist. All they'll do is add the magazines and package them up once they get a beter idea of how many issues they need. Eaglemoss run these partworks all over the world, and have done for years without problem.

If it comes to the UK, I don't think I'll go for it. If the scale is basically the same as the Mattel, then I'll stick with that. If this was quite a bit bigger, then I'd be a lot more tempted. I'd like it as a real show-stopper.
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

Great point TB, with a price point of $1600 this has to be a real show stopper, and at this scale (at least for me) it isn't. It's ALMOST there.
danbar

Post by danbar »

I have not made the plunge yet, so I am not speaking from experience. But... the deluxe version (the more expensive version with the figures) is $14.35 per issue including shipping. So, $1,435.00 in total after 100 issues. (I know, still a ton of money). The issues are weekly, but they do state that you "can subscribe to receive 4 together every month". Not sure if that would save some on the shipping charges, but hopefully it would.

So, they advertise the Batmobile as 1:8 scale (which we have determined is not quite accurate), but they advertise the figures that come with the deluxe version as 1:10 scale. What do you guys make of that? Surely the figures will not be a different scale than the vehicle???
Lou Szabo

Post by Lou Szabo »

What happens when joy miss an issue
See this thread for previous experiences
Started as 1/10 scale...
Some nice pictures should get us drooling.
https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/1966bat ... t6085.html
As any of you receive the issues, please post with issue number and part description the comes with it. That should help is see if we missed any issues.

I think they've rushed some literature which may lead to discrepancies in the descriptions, particularly the scaling.
YMMV (your mileage may vary)
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

danbar wrote: Fri Apr 06, 2018 7:55 am I have not made the plunge yet, so I am not speaking from experience. But... the deluxe version (the more expensive version with the figures) is $14.35 per issue including shipping. So, $1,435.00 in total after 100 issues. (I know, still a ton of money). The issues are weekly, but they do state that you "can subscribe to receive 4 together every month". Not sure if that would save some on the shipping charges, but hopefully it would.

So, they advertise the Batmobile as 1:8 scale (which we have determined is not quite accurate), but they advertise the figures that come with the deluxe version as 1:10 scale. What do you guys make of that? Surely the figures will not be a different scale than the vehicle???
Finding the math on this is not that easy-- I did it out on the day it was listed and it came out to $1585 or so-- that's backed up in the thread Lou posted which also includes this little ditty;

NOW that would give me pause.
Lou Szabo

Post by Lou Szabo »

That's what I was alluding to in my first post. But that was the U.K. Release. If the North America release is successful, we would see it more than the first month's releases.

Based on the picture of the hood, it appears prepainted, so this should eliminate the pinstriping anxiety.
Planejack777

Post by Planejack777 »

Why can’t someone just build us an accurate 1/6 scale replica of this iconic “Ride”? I can’t speak for anyone but myself.....but it’s what I want!
John Mack

Post by John Mack »

They haven't taken down their UK ad....it appears they were offering a free Bat keychain if you subscribed before November 2017... something we yanks didn't get offered lol

http://buildbatmobile.eaglemoss.com
Attachments
keyring.png
keyring.png (73.01 KiB) Viewed 10780 times
Music. BAT! Music.
Lou Szabo

Post by Lou Szabo »

I just sent them an email asking for real pictures of the actual car with FTC figures sitting in the car and the true scale of the car.
After 3 years they ought to have built one.
Scooter over at Pimp my Batmobile says a corrected beacon is done thanks to Mitt from the original run. I'm guessing PMB will have a host of corrected parts in time.