Diener Joker bendie

1966 TV show type Bat-Items found on eBay, Collectibles, etc.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
You must read the MERCHANDISE RULES before participating here.
jimpagett

Diener Joker bendie

Post by jimpagett »

Hope this isn"t a bad question, but does anybody have a 60's Diener Joker Bend-a-bitty they might like to part with? I've seen two of their Riddlers on Ebay but they don't really interest me.
John Mack

Re: Diener Joker bendie

Post by John Mack »

Hi Jim. Is there a Joker version? I'm only seeing Bats, Robin and Riddler on Google images. If Joker does exist, that's gonna set ya back a bunch I would suppose. Maybe I'm just not seeing it? I did notice there are two versions of Riddler, a blue one and purple one
Music. BAT! Music.
jimpagett

Post by jimpagett »

yup. There was a Joker too. I've see photos. It came up on google images until a couple weeks ago. Very old style face.
John Mack

Post by John Mack »

I trust you. If you saved the image, please post it cause I'm only seeing the Croce ones.
Music. BAT! Music.
BatmiteReturns

Post by BatmiteReturns »

John Mack

Post by John Mack »

Ok, those aren't from 1966. Those are Mego bendys sold from 1973-to almost 1980.
Music. BAT! Music.
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

I'm with John-- I've never seen a Joker one-- I've had a Batman and Robin in the past.
Nice card artwork.
They also re-released the Batman ones as a chinese knockoff in the 70s or 80s.
John Mack

Post by John Mack »

Yeah, I'm just not seeing one. Now, our buddies at NJ Croce have a comic book Joker and a 66 Joker. Sorry not at my Batcomputer for pics. Like I said, there are two versions of Riddler, a purple and blue one, may this be the confusion?
Music. BAT! Music.
jimpagett

Post by jimpagett »

Sorry for delay. I can't find the color photo I saw a few weeks ago. It was an auction site listing from 2007 I think. But this is what I saw first.
Attachments
dienerjoker.jpg
dienerjoker.jpg (240.59 KiB) Viewed 4945 times
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

I wonder if its a case of something that was solicited but never made, because I've never seen one.
I have a catalog of old Batman toys from years ago, I'll give that a look thru and see if I can find an example that was released.
John Mack

Post by John Mack »

Jim, yeah that's Jokey alright, buy as Andy said, I've just never seen that. If it did make it into production, you'll need a second mortgage on your house to buy it lol.
Music. BAT! Music.
SteveA

Post by SteveA »

Hi All,
Yes the joker was made, One sold back in 2008 at HAKES. and it was the most pricey one of the 4.
Here is a pic of that.
Attachments
Batman_Bendees-1966.jpg
John Mack

Post by John Mack »

Thanks Steve, great find! Yeah, an example like that would be over $1,000 I'd say. Loose, depending on the condition would be hundreds.

So, Jim, your answer is....nope. I doubt anyone would part with that ultra rare item unless you were able to shell out some major cash. This isn't your run of the mill item. When you stump both me and ANDY, that's an achievement to be sure lol.
Music. BAT! Music.
jimpagett

Post by jimpagett »

Thats the one! Cute old fashioned sculpt. A loose one would be fine. I'd probably cast it so I could give the copy a nicer paint job. I'll keep my eyes open. Thanks guys!
BatmiteReturns

Post by BatmiteReturns »

NIce design