13 BATMAN Toys We Want to See Re-Released

1966 TV show type Bat-Items found on eBay, Collectibles, etc.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
You must read the MERCHANDISE RULES before participating here.
Dan Greenfield

13 BATMAN Toys We Want to See Re-Released

Post by Dan Greenfield »

Hey, Batfolks!

This is a real fun one over at 13th Dimension: 13 BATMAN Toys We'd Like to See Re-Released!

Check it out here:

https://13thdimension.com/13-batman-toy ... -released/

Some of your faves are on here for sure but we'd love to hear which ones you'd like to add to the list!

-- Dan
LizardKing

Re: 13 BATMAN Toys We Want to See Re-Released

Post by LizardKing »

Nice article. Have you had any contact with Funko about the series 2 figures? Ever since that comment made in haste by the guy who works there we haven't heard a peep out of them. Most of us are skeptical.
P.N. Gwynn

Post by P.N. Gwynn »

LizardKing wrote: Mon Apr 09, 2018 10:54 am Nice article. Have you had any contact with Funko about the series 2 figures? Ever since that comment made in haste by the guy who works there we haven't heard a peep out of them. Most of us are skeptical.
Looking at Reis O'Brien's interaction on Twitter (@reisobrien) Saturday night into Sunday morning (depending on where you live)... he seemed to dance around and claimed what he stated AT THE TIME was true. So my spirits are crushed and I think we aren't getting anything...
John Mack

Post by John Mack »

Hi Dan. I like the list. My ideas are not mentioned here to knock ANY of your ideas out! Heck, lets re-release them all! So, here's some my favs. Notice the Batman school supply holder is the companion piece to the notebook you mention.
ideal-batman-play-set.jpeg
images (1).jpeg
images (1).jpeg (17.72 KiB) Viewed 6843 times
images (2).jpeg
images (2).jpeg (17.06 KiB) Viewed 6843 times
Attachments
6db1abd830b402ddcf25a301e9c51914.jpg
batman-and-robin-justice-league-ideal.jpg
batman-and-robin-justice-league-ideal.jpg (67.92 KiB) Viewed 6844 times
images.jpeg
images.jpeg (11.04 KiB) Viewed 6844 times
Music. BAT! Music.
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

John-- add in the helmet and you absolutely nailed my personal wish list.
I had both the binder and the pen case-- both were pretty sweet.
And I've ALWAYS wanted that Marx Batman figure-- the first ever?
John Mack

Post by John Mack »

Andy, absolutely on the binder and helmet!
And I do believe the Marx figure was the first. I never saw one in person, but apparently they didn't flood the market with them like Ideal did with their figures. It's a shame, because now I'm not sure there are even loose pieces around. Anyone own any?
Music. BAT! Music.
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

My understanding is that Marx figure was released only in England-- not sure how accurate that is. I've seen a couple over the years but like the Kohner Push Puppet they go for insane money.

Loose I've never seen, it strikes me as the kind of toy that fell apart after a few missions.

I wonder if in 50 years or so people will be trying to hunt down the "elusive" Mattel Batman with the surfboard or the "rare" Funko Robin figure?
John Mack

Post by John Mack »

Umm, probably not. Lol. Unlike the toys of our childhood, today's toys are not opened and played with. Heck, some people never even display the items, they're put away and they wait like a stock market surge to sell them. Pity.
Music. BAT! Music.
rajung

Post by rajung »

I am not sure what exactly happened in the last 15 years or so when it comes to toys and collectability value.
Remember all the price guides for Hot wheels, Kenner starting line up and not to mention sports cards.
It was like stock market investments. collectors and sellers had they're own way of secretly bending Football card packs to see if it contained a valuable insert before purchasing, Starting line up figures that would sell on the secondary market for 10 times store price, and some double that, and Star Wars slight variations, Long Saber, short sabre, pregnant Barbie, Harley Barbie, That ship has sailed and will not be back any time soon thanks to E commerce , over production lack of quality and eliminating the collectability side of it.
For re release, I still had hopes for the Action Jackson Batman a few years ago when toys R us had a few reissues of others, heck, now the store is even gone.
I remember getting the original back in the day and thinking it was pretty cheesy, and somewhat remember ripping the vinyl face .Exploding bridge set would be another great one.
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

rajung wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:37 pm I am not sure what exactly happened in the last 15 years or so when it comes to toys and collectability value.
Remember all the price guides for Hot wheels, Kenner starting line up and not to mention sports cards.
It was like stock market investments. collectors and sellers had they're own way of secretly bending Football card packs to see if it contained a valuable insert before purchasing, Starting line up figures that would sell on the secondary market for 10 times store price, and some double that, and Star Wars slight variations, Long Saber, short sabre, pregnant Barbie, Harley Barbie, That ship has sailed and will not be back any time soon thanks to E commerce , over production lack of quality and eliminating the collectability side of it.
For re release, I still had hopes for the Action Jackson Batman a few years ago when toys R us had a few reissues of others, heck, now the store is even gone.
I remember getting the original back in the day and thinking it was pretty cheesy, and somewhat remember ripping the vinyl face .Exploding bridge set would be another great one.
The exploding bridge playset-- originally by Mego, could have been a Funko item as it would work with the half dozen Batmobiles they've released!

I'd be all about a re-dux of the Captain Action Batman suit too.
greatlakes6

Post by greatlakes6 »

rajung wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:37 pm I am not sure what exactly happened in the last 15 years or so when it comes to toys and collectability value.
Speaking of inserts in baseball, football packs, etc. I knew of people who would use a caliper to measure the thickness of the pack to tell which had the slightest thicker insert.
BatToys

Post by BatToys »

Good chance the Marx Batman was sold in the United States.

Rumor is a Mexican Toy Factory that has all the 1966 Ideal Batman molds to Utility Belt, JLA playset, helmet, Marx molds, Remco molds are going to reissue them this Summer. I don't know yet if they will be bootlegs or licensed.
Yellow Oval

Post by Yellow Oval »

These are all great suggestions. I would only add the Corgi Batcopter and the Duncan Batmobile/Batboat to the list. I don't know why, but I have a real soft spot for the Duncan set even though it wasn't the greatest for detail.
"Hmmm... I don't like the twist this joke is taking. Let us away! Let us away!"
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

BatToys wrote: Mon Apr 16, 2018 5:05 am Good chance the Marx Batman was sold in the United States.

Rumor is a Mexican Toy Factory that has all the 1966 Ideal Batman molds to Utility Belt, JLA playset, helmet, Marx molds, Remco molds are going to reissue them this Summer. I don't know yet if they will be bootlegs or licensed.
I can second the rumor-- I've known the source of the molds for sometime and missed out on buying them myself when the Mexican Factory grabbed them up.
BATWINGED HORNET

Post by BATWINGED HORNET »

Good choices throughout the thread. If I had my pick, re-releases would be of some of the Bat-related items I had in childhood--

Beneath Wayne Manor