Ashton Drake Batman sculpt

1966 TV show type Bat-Items found on eBay, Collectibles, etc.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
You must read the MERCHANDISE RULES before participating here.
njboywonder

Ashton Drake Batman sculpt

Post by njboywonder »

I'd have thought this must have been posted/discussed by now but I did a search here on the maker and it yielded no results...

https://www.ashtondrake.com/products/30 ... igure.html

If I'm wrong, has anyone somehow seen future figures in the line?

Thanks.
Brett
AndyFish

Re: Ashton Drake Batman sculpt

Post by AndyFish »

This figure was part of the Bradford Exchange discussion.

Bradford Exchange

Judging by the "success" of the other products they've produced in terms of accuracy and quality I'd want to see this in person first.
vintagematt

Post by vintagematt »

Honestly, not accurate enough to justify the price, but cool that it creates opportunity for characters not released in that format.
"Batman told him a super funny joke. When the creature didn't laugh, that was proof!"
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

THE BATPHONE! wrote: Tue Apr 24, 2018 1:53 pm Honestly, not accurate enough to justify the price, but cool that it creates opportunity for characters not released in that format.

Have you seen one or are you going by the image they posted?
Because we've seen with other items that what is actually made is a far cry from what is solicited.

I'm really curious about this one, because with the fabric suit it's in the Hot Toys arena but for about 1/3 of the going price for those last time I checked. Accuracy isn't there with the prototype photo but I wonder what it looks like in person.

You'd think someone would have bought one by now.
John Mack

Post by John Mack »

I'm with Andy. Someone has to have purchased one. Let's see some pics! The track record with company and the way their products actually look, is horrid. I was painting model kits from the time I was 7 that look better that the finished product from this company. Speaking of model kits, Andy PM sent with a model kit question for you.
Music. BAT! Music.
rickkrefft

Post by rickkrefft »

The website now shows a Joker in this line. Wish they would make a Robin, that would have made me jump in on this Batman.
allknighters

Post by allknighters »

Id love to see pics of the final product in hand! Im still tempted to get them!
johndeblasi

Post by johndeblasi »

I would like to put some photos of this figure on here but I never did before and don't know how. I've been trying but can't get it to work.
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

Hey John-
Its actually pretty easy-- they have to be below a certain size but if you don't have the ability to edit them, you can either send them to me and I'll post them, or post them up on another site (blogger for example) then here when you go to post make sure you're using FULL EDITOR and click on the image link-- it'll create a little batch of type-- go back to the picture you've posted, right click and save image location and then paste that into the image type in the new post.
If you need to send them to me my email is andy@andytfish.com (don't forget the T)
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

Thanks to John D we have images-- I don't think this looks bad at all. It's not Hot Toys, but it's not Hot Toys price either (and it's bigger).

And it's probably the closest production piece compared to the prototype.
mwilbury

Post by mwilbury »

Interesting... the figure has some charm and could have walked right out of Spencer's Gifts back in the early 90s (like one of those Applause figures with more fabric).

I'd probably be interested at half the price Bradford is asking. As it stands, however, the Hot Toys Batman was a much better value.
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

mwilbury wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 12:28 pm Interesting... the figure has some charm and could have walked right out of Spencer's Gifts back in the early 90s (like one of those Applause figures with more fabric).

I'd probably be interested at half the price Bradford is asking. As it stands, however, the Hot Toys Batman was a much better value.
I think I'm with you.
johndeblasi

Post by johndeblasi »

Thank you Andy for all your help! The only thing I don't like about it is the shorts. It looks like a diaper.
Keith Mayo

Post by Keith Mayo »

Thank you, John D and Andy.
I almost pulled the trigger on this and would have gotten "Elder Batman Wearing Depends".
Attachments
combine_images.jpg
"It's the very essence of our democracy". - Batman, S1 Ep 11
rickkrefft

Post by rickkrefft »

Is the belt able to go down a bit to line up with the underwear? If it did I think it would look better. Not sure I want to invest in this. I wish Robin was made in favor of the Joker they just announced.