Caesar Romero Joker Nano

1966 TV show type Bat-Items found on eBay, Collectibles, etc.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
You must read the MERCHANDISE RULES before participating here.
TravelSteveR

Caesar Romero Joker Nano

Post by TravelSteveR »

I picked it up at Walmart tonight. Let's see if the Riddler and the Catwoman are next in the series.
Attachments
20180505_215331.jpg
Better Living Through Godzilla
John Mack

Re: Caesar Romero Joker Nano

Post by John Mack »

Nice! I'll keep an eye out out for it. Thanks for the heads up on it.
Music. BAT! Music.
TravelSteveR

Post by TravelSteveR »

No problem. I am shocked that I am the first person to post it. I am usually the last one to know about anything! 😀
Blue Meanie

Post by Blue Meanie »

Cool. Thanks for posting. I hope they do Robin.
Keith Mayo

Post by Keith Mayo »

I saw the Joker and Penguin nanos but passed as they are not from tbe Classic Tv Show.
"It's the very essence of our democracy". - Batman, S1 Ep 11
TravelSteveR

Post by TravelSteveR »

The backing card on this Joker and Penguin is the same as the Batman 1966's. The other Batman figures show either the Batman Vs Superman logo, Justice League, Suicide Squad, Batman Animated series, or a generic DC card. JADA calls the figure Wave 4: TV JOKER. (DC54).
Keith Mayo

Post by Keith Mayo »

The Batman figure has the Classic TV Show logo.
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

Big Daddy K wrote: Sun May 06, 2018 7:57 pm I saw the Joker and Penguin nanos but passed as they are not from tbe Classic Tv Show.
They are both definitely part of the '66 line. They were promoted that way at Toy Fair. Not sure why they didn't put the classic logo on either-- but then again I didn't notice it was on Batman. That Joker pose, especially, is all Cesar.
TravelSteveR

Post by TravelSteveR »

I am assuming that with the number of different versions of Batman and the subtle differences among them, the company wanted to clearly delineate that the Batman was a '66 TV version. The solid purple costume on the Joker screams Caessr Romero. The lack of stripes is probably due to the mass production of the figures.
Keith Mayo

Post by Keith Mayo »

Batman has Classic logo - the others do not.
Tv show Penguin wears a lavender hat - this one does not. Joker has two colors (pink and green). Why not the Penguin?
The Joker and Penguin in this line look like those from the animated versions of Batman.

They can use whatever card they choose, but the actual figures do not match the characters on the tv show except for the Batman figure.
Attachments
32074930_10211012026229894_5650935106102099968_n.jpg
32074930_10211012026229894_5650935106102099968_n.jpg (46.21 KiB) Viewed 6668 times
th.jpg
th.jpg (26.23 KiB) Viewed 6668 times
2.jpg
2.jpg (70.71 KiB) Viewed 6668 times
31960067_10211012026869910_7353529119411273728_n2.jpg
31960067_10211012026869910_7353529119411273728_n2.jpg (66.81 KiB) Viewed 6668 times
tenderheart bear

Post by tenderheart bear »

I'll agree that Penguin and Joker are hardly screen accurate, but they're both clearly based on the classic TV show. I think it's always easier when it comes to Batman himself as the Adam West costume is very different to any comicbook version, or indeed, Michael Keaton's or Ben Affleck's. I think of them like the old Corgi Batmobile. It's hardly accurate, but it's definitely from the TV show.

Having just looked at the NJCroice bendable figures, I think that Penguin and Joker are probably the weakest in those collections too. It's mainly the colours that are right, more than any likenesses. I suppose it depends what you want from this kind of merchandise. If you're after accuracy then Hot Toys and Tweeterhead are probably your only options. Let's face it, the Vinyl Idolz, Funko Pops, Bobbleheads, Mattel figures and Barbie dolls look as much like Adam and Burt as Donald Trump looks like Brad Pitt.

Besides... they're cheap.
Keith Mayo

Post by Keith Mayo »

tenderheart bear wrote: Tue May 08, 2018 2:44 am I'll agree that Penguin and Joker are hardly screen accurate, but they're both clearly based on the classic TV ............. If you're after accuracy then Hot Toys and Tweeterhead are probably your only options. Let's face it, the Vinyl Idolz, Funko Pops, Bobbleheads, Mattel figures and Barbie dolls look as much like Adam and Burt as Donald Trump looks like Brad Pitt.

Besides... they're cheap.
You are correct on screen accuracy, but I'm
talking about the correct clothing and not if the faces resemble the actors. The Nanos are too small for that. All the more reason for their outfits to be screen accurate. Just my opinion.
tenderheart bear

Post by tenderheart bear »

This was your original post though...
Big Daddy K wrote: Sun May 06, 2018 7:57 pm I saw the Joker and Penguin nanos but passed as they are not from tbe Classic Tv Show.
What we're saying is that they are from the TV show. That is a fact.

However, we agree that the Penguin and Joker figures are not great representations (even taking their size in to account). While the Joker pose is clearly Caesar Romero, the purple suit should be much more pink, and Penguin should definitely have a purple hat and bowtie.

Still, they are what they are. I'm not buying them either anyway, but that's more because figures that size don't interest me.
rickkrefft

Post by rickkrefft »

Joker's pink looks pretty close to my eyes. I agree Penguin's hat should be a lighter purple (It was NEVER pink) but his hat is purple and so his bow tie on this Nano, it's just too dark of purple. Tweeterhead has their statue coming out and the color was taken from the exact hat Burgess wore. It's purple, not pink. Also comic book Penguin always had a yellow or orange band around his tummy, this figure is all white in the tummy area just like Burgess. These are 100% TV 1966 Joker and Penguin, and I love them. Only official 1966 merchandise has that Batman art that was created especially for the merchandise. I think the only reason Batman has the TV logo is because it says Batman. These are figures of Joker and Penguin, so it needs to say those names. Are they dead on 100% right? No, but how much of the releases have been? Figures Toy Company's Joker is wearing a purple suit instead of pink. Their Batgirl has a cape that goes all the way down to her ankles. The Hot Toys Batman has ears on the cowl that appear bent. The list goes on and on. Tweeterhead is about the only company that has really given us 100% dead on likeness in every way (so far)
Keith Mayo

Post by Keith Mayo »

I meant purple but typed pink. Sorry.

Hasbro was producing crappy military 12" GIjOES and kept it up because folks bought them. Then along came Dragon and 21st Century who made accurate figures. Once collectors abandoned Hasbeen for Dragon and 21st Century. Hasbeen started making more accurate military figures. So............ if folks keep buying stuff because it's on a Batman card, the manufacturers will keep making junk..

There's no reason why the Nano Joker and Penguin can't be the right colors.