Caesar Romero Joker Nano

1966 TV show type Bat-Items found on eBay, Collectibles, etc.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
You must read the MERCHANDISE RULES before participating here.
TravelSteveR

Re: Caesar Romero Joker Nano

Post by TravelSteveR »

Riddler Vehicle.jpg
Thanks, Rick. You posted everything that I was going to say. The manufacturers take poetic license with the items they create. For example, these figures from Mattel's Hot Wheels line say Batman Classic TV Series and have artists' representations of the characters. I don't think Catwoman, the Riddler, and Penguin ever drove these on the show (The Riddler's vehicle was produced until 1970!), but I am not sending a letter to Mattel to complain. I'm just happy that the powers that be still remember a show that was on television fifty-two years ago, and was only on for (really) 2 1/2 seasons. JADA has been really good about putting out Batman '66 cars and figures, and I am going to support the company as much as possible. 97 cents for a diecast figure? That's a steal. I just ordered the Batcave from Target where it's on clearance. I didn't realize that the piece lights up until I watched a video about it on YouTube. No, it's not a 1966 TV Classic Batcave, but it will be a good place to display my figures in my office rather just setting them on a shelf.
Attachments
Penguin Vehicle.jpg
Catwoman Vehicle.jpg
Catwoman Vehicle.jpg (56.18 KiB) Viewed 5432 times
Better Living Through Godzilla
Keith Mayo

Post by Keith Mayo »

Those two cars are perfect examples of how some choose to buy anything that says Batman, even if it has absolutely nothing to do with the show. Same thing when I was a kid and the market was flooded with "Batman" items that bore no resemblance to the characters or gadgets from the show but by God, the box said BATMAN.

I realize that I'm in the minority here in that I hold true to the name of the group - 1966 Batman (as seen on tv). I only collect what's directly related to the show or very close (like the Idolz and such that were mentioned). Maybe I should start an Evilbay store where I print off the "Classic Tv Series" green starburst and paste it to pine cones and empty soda bottles and market it as 1966 Batman Tv Show. Apparently there's a market for those items. :-)
"It's the very essence of our democracy". - Batman, S1 Ep 11
tenderheart bear

Post by tenderheart bear »

I never got the point in those cars, but I suppose it's the same as the various Marvel and Justice League vehicles Mattel puts out. Stick a logo on it and hope it sells.

I pick and choose with the '66 Batman show merchandise, and I certainly won't buy something just because it has the logo on it. I need to like it as an item, and, it needs to be easily recognisable. I like the Funko and Corgi Batmobiles, they're by no means screen accurate, but make for nice toys and you can easily tell they're based on the Barris design. The Hotwheels Elite is by far the most accurate Batmobile I own, yet I don't like it as much as the vintage Corgi.

Go figure.
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

As great as all of the Batmobiles are that have been released I'm with you Tenderheart that the Corgi is still tops for me. It's completely not screen accurate, the hood is too short among its other flaws but I loved it and played with it to death. Over the years I think I must have had a half dozen or so of these, I'd save my allowance and replace the latest destroyed one with a sparkling new one.

I'd love to see Corgi do a reissue from the old molds.
Keith Mayo

Post by Keith Mayo »

I give the Corgi Batmobile a pass on my anal retentive quest as they were very close to screen acurate and made for kids to play with and probably destroy. They weren't intended as collector items.
TravelSteveR

Post by TravelSteveR »

Here's the official word from JADA about Nano Metal Figs #DC54: The Joker Classic TV Series

Scroll down to 8th row, 3rd figure across from left:

www.jadatoysinc.com/uploads/downloads/DC.pdf
Keith Mayo

Post by Keith Mayo »

The Penguin painted with Apple Barrel "Petunia Purple" to be more accurate.
Attachments
61hjzNZbJEL._SY450_.jpg
61hjzNZbJEL._SY450_.jpg (34.13 KiB) Viewed 5153 times
34818820_2273247096035303_2440992225425883136_n.jpg
34818820_2273247096035303_2440992225425883136_n.jpg (41.11 KiB) Viewed 5153 times
Scott Sebring
Site Admin

Post by Scott Sebring »

***Admin note***
This thread (and some other recent ones) is an example of how folks really need to read our board rules in regards to "true fandom" and personal takes and standards and how those are addressed to other members.

Don't like the paint job of a product or quality control issue? Okay, then state that. Make a proclamation that it isn't worthy to be included into a certain product line or that people who buy such items ruin it for other true fans? Sorry, keep that bit to yourself. Brow beat people into one's point of view one way or the other? Never accepted behavior here. To be clear, articulate debating on a thing is fine but browbeating an opinion or counter idea is not.
Person 1: "I like this because..."
Person 2: "I'm not digging this because [insert respectful critique of the items in question itself]. I'll pass"
Action: Move on.

Think somebody's form of fun or fandom is ruining it for everybody else? Sorry, keep that to yourself as well.

If one wants to provide clarity as to their own personal standards or criteria for their own fandom as it pertains to a product, episode plot points or character for example not towards a person or group, then go ahead but remember one is speaking for one's self and those personal standards or criteria are no better than anybody else for it. Never shame another member or group of members who either scrutinize or don't scrutinize some fan subjects like yourself. Never get militant towards others or make proclamations that your form of fandom is somehow better or truer.

The rules are mostly about community and getting along. If one wants be a Bat-snob towards anybody or company, then take that attitude elsewhere.

Any rebuttals to this notice need to be handled via PM and not responded to here. Any response here will be deleted. We now return you to your regularly scheduled thread.
Blue Meanie

Post by Blue Meanie »

I still cannot find the Classic TV Joker anywhere and it’s driving me Batty. Walmart, Target, Walgreens....nothing. I found Batman and Penguin no problem, but Joker and pretty much all DC Nanos are hard to find.
TravelSteveR

Post by TravelSteveR »

I just completed my set of all the DC nanos. I will keep an eye open for Joker '66 for you if you want me to.

Steve
Blue Meanie

Post by Blue Meanie »

TravelSteveR wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 8:07 pm I just completed my set of all the DC nanos. I will keep an eye open for Joker '66 for you if you want me to.

Steve
Thanks. Much appreciated.
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

TravelSteveR wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 8:07 pm I just completed my set of all the DC nanos. I will keep an eye open for Joker '66 for you if you want me to.

Steve
Keep your eyes open for two of them if you don't mind, I'd like to get one too.
Keith Mayo

Post by Keith Mayo »

AndyFish wrote: Sat Jun 02, 2018 5:50 am

Steve
Keep your eyes open for two of them if you don't mind, I'd like to get one too.
I hit several Targets while on an out of state trip yesterday. There were no Jokers or Penguin Nanos to be found. I'll keep looking and if I locate any they'll be offered up here at no charge to those that want them.

Just trying to be a good Citizen.
TravelSteveR

Post by TravelSteveR »

I checked the first Wal-Mart by me last night--nothing. I will go to the second one and the Target together after I leave my office.

Steve
Lou Szabo

Post by Lou Szabo »

I can't believe how the collectors jumped on these nano figures. Not just 66 Batman, but everything. They remind me of the old military lead figures...
Some days you just can't get rid of a ... SHARK!