Catwoman pistol!!

1966 TV show type Bat-Items found on eBay, Collectibles, etc.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
You must read the MERCHANDISE RULES before participating here.
vintagematt

Catwoman pistol!!

Post by vintagematt »

Does anyone on this board know where I might be able to purchase a classic tv series catwoman pistol, as used by Julie Newmar? If you do please pm me. I would like to build up a prop collection and this would be a great start!
"Batman told him a super funny joke. When the creature didn't laugh, that was proof!"
John Mack

Re: Catwoman pistol!!

Post by John Mack »

Hanzoswords has em!

http://www.hanzoswords.com/60s-Catwoman ... _3531.html

The site won't allow me to download the photo.
Music. BAT! Music.
vintagematt

Post by vintagematt »

Thank you so much john, but do you know anyone who has purchased this item, I would like to see the scale and just what it looks like in person, I guess I'm too scarred from Bradford exchange products to actually trust a product photo to be accurate.
"Batman told him a super funny joke. When the creature didn't laugh, that was proof!"
John Mack

Post by John Mack »

No idea. I just did a quick Google search. There's a phone number. Give them a call. They may be able supply all the info you need.
Music. BAT! Music.
dell

Post by dell »

Keep in mind that this is a garage cast resin item. They are using white resin and casting them when ordered (probably in their garage). The customer is responsible for filling holes caused by casting defects, sanding the item and painting it.

They say it is full size. It looks pretty good to me.
dell
vintagematt

Post by vintagematt »

I see, does anybody know of a place where they sell the prop fully painted and ready to go. That might make me sound lazy but I have never been very good with those things and for the price tag it is a little too much for an item is still have to sand and paint.
dell

Post by dell »

I have looked a number of times over the last several years and this is the only place I have found one.

Years ago a former member of the board (benaequee (spelling?)) had a website and sold Catwoman costume items, but the last time I checked she didn't have any Catwoman items. I think she is now on Etsy. I can't remember if she ever sold the gun. GVMDesigns (board member Catgreg) also has sold Catwoman items. He is on Facebook and Etsy, but appears to be taking a break. I can't remember if he ever sold the gun.
dell
vintagematt

Post by vintagematt »

Thanks for the info, I have been looking through old catwoman costume posts and haven't really found anything, I guess I may just have to buy the garage kit pistol after all!
Lou Szabo

Post by Lou Szabo »

Some days you just can't get rid of a ... SHARK!
Chuck Williams

Post by Chuck Williams »

Contact Catgreg or Greg Maraio or GVM Designs depending where you are looking... He has one that is based on the original dart gun from the 60's with a top notch cat sculpture on top..
Quick, Everyone, Flee for your lives, into the street!!!!

http://www.etsy.com/shop/WilliamsStudio ... eller_info
dell

Post by dell »

Another option would be to design one and have it 3D printed. I looked for designs on thingiverse and yeggi, but no one has done one.
dell
rajung

Post by rajung »

In reference to the one from hanzoswords
From the bottom right edge of grip to the front of barrel it is 7 3/4 in.
From bottom edge of grip to the highest point on the backside of the cat it is 5 7/8 in.
Just using a tape measure and guessing at the level when standing up from the bottom of the grip.
There is no belt clip attached to it and the divets , divots or dents on the left side of grip are not on the right side.
I don't know if they are still cast this way
Attachments
cat gun.jpg
cat gun.jpg (75.34 KiB) Viewed 5195 times