Hot Toys Batmobile

1966 TV show type Bat-Items found on eBay, Collectibles, etc.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
You must read the MERCHANDISE RULES before participating here.
AndyFish

Re: Hot Toys Batmobile

Post by AndyFish »

House payment or not— you’ll need a lot of room to display it. Something I don’t have.
BatToys

Post by BatToys »

What I heard a year ago from an impeccable source is the Batmobile was canceled but the Yvonne Craig Batgirl is 100% definite to be made. Hopefully 1966 Batgirl will be at SDCC with their Batmobile.

And that Hot Toys is considering a Julie Newmar Catwoman and a Lynda Carter Wonder Woman but those have not been sculpted yet as far as I know.
vintagematt

Post by vintagematt »

BatToys wrote: Sun Jul 15, 2018 3:01 pm What I heard a year ago from an impeccable source is the Batmobile was canceled but the Yvonne Craig Batgirl is 100% definite to be made. Hopefully 1966 Batgirl will be at SDCC with their Batmobile.

And that Hot Toys is considering a Julie Newmar Catwoman and a Lynda Carter Wonder Woman but those have not been sculpted yet as far as I know.
Wow!! if they'd made a Lynda carter Wonder Woman I would buy it faster than Wonder Woman can spin!
"Batman told him a super funny joke. When the creature didn't laugh, that was proof!"
BATWINGED HORNET

Post by BATWINGED HORNET »

John Mack wrote: Fri Jul 13, 2018 3:06 pm This is one of those cases where I hope it's released just for the sake of being able to say it exists, and for the people who could actually afford to buy one. But for me, it's a moot point, as I don't have a "spare" rent payment lying around :lol:
I understand your thinking in this--just to say it was actually produced, so its not that ever-the-Holy Grail item people would dream/theorize about until time ends.

As far as price goes, $800 - $1200 is rather high, but to me, at least it would not be a single item with no function, as if were produced as just a car replica, which at that size is just impractical (especially if you already collect car replicas at a certain size as I do). As a compliment to the HT Batman and Robin figures, it would all fit. Regarding room to display it, I believe I could manage, because I am a selective collector, so there's room.

On that Carter Wonder Woman rumor, that would be interesting. I like collecting superhero TV/movie figures at that scale based on generation (e.g. I have the Cavill and Reeve Superman, etc.), so to have that next to the Gadot Wonder Woman would be a cool display arrangement.
Beneath Wayne Manor
John Mack

Post by John Mack »

AndyFish wrote: Sun Jul 15, 2018 10:59 am House payment or not— you’ll need a lot of room to display it. Something I don’t have.
Lol. I have more space than money. Wanna trade?
:lol: :lol: 8-)
Music. BAT! Music.
BatToys

Post by BatToys »

Hot Toys co-owner Howard Chan said in an interview there is a high possibility they will make the Lynda Carter Wonder Woman because he is a huge fan of her version.
Lou Szabo

Post by Lou Szabo »

Probably for his private collection. Someone high up at Hot Toys bought the largest 66 Batman collection out there. I don't know if the seller is on this board, but you can find some evidence on the right sites. The Batmobile photo in the Batcave is no accident. Imagine a 1/6 scale Batcave.
Some days you just can't get rid of a ... SHARK!
BatToys

Post by BatToys »

Yes Hot Toys bought his collection for their museum in Japan. Possibly they will publish a book too that would be the definitive book on 1966 Batman toys.
BatToys

Post by BatToys »

So far the only Batgirl Hot Toys has shown is the videogame one.
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

No Batmobile or Batgirl that I could see, but the booth was swamped.
Jimmy L. 66

Post by Jimmy L. 66 »

Booth was packed, I did not see it. I asked a staff member they said no 66 merch this year.
Lots of other cool Batmans, and everything in their booth.
Lou Szabo

Post by Lou Szabo »

Some days you just can't get rid of a ... SHARK!
BatToys

Post by BatToys »

Hot Toys should have made more 1966 Batman figures instead of Shuri. I like Shuri but I wouldn't buy it.
BATWINGED HORNET

Post by BATWINGED HORNET »

BatToys wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:47 pm Hot Toys should have made more 1966 Batman figures instead of Shuri. I like Shuri but I wouldn't buy it.
Why single out Shuri? Shuri was an incredibly popular, breakout character from one of the biggest films in history, so if anyone was going to get the Hot Toys treatment, it would be Shuri (and the character's older brother, of course). I would definitely be interested in Black Panther figures.

As for Bat-66...it has to be asked just how strong is the interest--right now--beyond the big two already released years ago? I have Batman and Robin, and since they are the series, I am happy that they were produced in this scale.
Beneath Wayne Manor
Yellow Oval

Post by Yellow Oval »

My money says Hot Toys puts out the '66 Batmobile rumor as a trial balloon from time to time to see if interest has picked up. Obviously it hasn't. Anyways, Hot Toys is too busy on giving us Court of the Dead (I'm not familiar with the series), a gazillion versions of Iron Man, Bat figures - both of the Snyder version and the Suicide Squad fiasco nobody seems to want judging by the email sales offers, and the underwhelming, yet overestimated Star Wars merchandise. At this point with the comics world in such a tragic mess maybe if they started re-releasing older products (I'd go for the Planet of the Apes figures) they might tap again into the sentimental market. Might.... :roll:
"Hmmm... I don't like the twist this joke is taking. Let us away! Let us away!"