Mego line heading to Target stores

1966 TV show type Bat-Items found on eBay, Collectibles, etc.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
You must read the MERCHANDISE RULES before participating here.
rajung

Re: Mego line heading to Target stores

Post by rajung »

THE BATPHONE! wrote: Mon Oct 01, 2018 6:23 pm Just picked up the wave two wizard of oz set recently, I love it! But I noticed something odd when reading the little bio on the back of the packaging, it's reads "Dorothy and her little dogo toto-" is that typo just on mine or is it a widespread issue, I assume they meant to say "little DOG toto-".
Doubt its a one of a kind, but a mass miss spell.
I have a toaster oven that has the word " power" on front of panel spelled" Poewr"
Just all part of the garbage sent our way.
Therin of Andor

Post by Therin of Andor »

rajung wrote: Mon Oct 01, 2018 7:54 pm I assume they meant to say "little DOG toto-".
Someone fired the poofreaders years ago. ;)
"Holy nostalgia, Batman!"
Therin of Andor

(aka Ian McLean, from Sydney, Australia)
vintagematt

Post by vintagematt »

Ok, thanks for the input, and also, wave two is now all on target.com, well except Frankie he is sold out already!
"Batman told him a super funny joke. When the creature didn't laugh, that was proof!"
Keith Mayo

Post by Keith Mayo »

"It's the very essence of our democracy". - Batman, S1 Ep 11
rajung

Post by rajung »

Does anyone know if the Batman line of figures is going to start resembling anything with the original Batman Mego in future releases if it stays alive?

Has too much Kenner style look for me.
Therin of Andor

rajung wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 5:59 pm Does anyone know if the Batman line of figures is going to start resembling anything with the original Batman Mego in future releases if it stays alive?
No, as I mentioned above, Figures Toy Company has released retro-Mego stuff in recent years. They have licences for 8" (70s Batman characters and TV's "Batman '66" included) and 18" lines, which is why Target Mego went to a new 14" size for DC superheroes.

Currently "sold out" of some 8" carded characters:
http://figurestoycompany.com/retrobatma ... ries1.aspx

Classic TV Toys do have the same 8" figures loose in factory bags:
http://www.classictvtoys.com/batmanretr ... rybag.aspx

And boxed:
http://www.classictvtoys.com/dccomicsme ... atman.aspx
"This series will include 16 DC Comics characters as they were seen in the original Mego line, right down to the last detail even as they were packed in the boxes back in the 1970's!"

18" comic Batman:
http://figurestoycompany.com/18inchretr ... man-2.aspx
Therin of Andor

rajung

Post by rajung »

Ok, thanks for info. Saves me a trip, I was hoping the smaller carded sized ones would be like the ones I destroyed
Therin of Andor

rajung wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 4:40 am Ok, thanks for info. Saves me a trip, I was hoping the smaller carded sized ones would be like the ones I destroyed
FTC's 8" carded comic book Batman would be exactly like the ones you destroyed. FTC has exhausted its supply, but sister site, Classic TV Toys, has them boxed (like the originals) and/or bagged.
Therin of Andor

johndeblasi

Post by johndeblasi »

Just missed getting Frankenstein! Hope they get more in.
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

Frankenstein will be just like Dracula-- that was the first one to sell out and now it's the first one that loads on the page. A lot of people paid scalper prices for it-- just have some patience they'll come back in.
johndeblasi

Post by johndeblasi »

AndyFish wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 8:42 am Frankenstein will be just like Dracula-- that was the first one to sell out and now it's the first one that loads on the page. A lot of people paid scalper prices for it-- just have some patience they'll come back in.
Very true Andy. It just kills me that I saw it yesterday morning but didn't have the time to order it. Then it was gone that afternoon.
John Mack

Post by John Mack »

TBolt wrote: Mon Oct 01, 2018 2:12 pm
John Mack wrote: Mon Oct 01, 2018 4:23 am
TBolt wrote: Sun Sep 30, 2018 10:38 am no he's grey and black
Thanks. Hardly the Mego I remember.
you can still get the Mego you remember on ebay for not a whole bunch more than the new figures or the 30 bucks FTC charges for a repro
No, actually I cant. My Batman Mego was the first edition solid box with removable cowl. FTC, yes.
Music. BAT! Music.
Keith Mayo

Post by Keith Mayo »

"It's the very essence of our democracy". - Batman, S1 Ep 11
rickkrefft

Post by rickkrefft »

All the Targets in my area pulled these from the floor. They are only online now according to the website. I just got Batgirl and she is wonderful in every way. Blows FTC away on QC. The outfit on Batgirl is amazing, her hair is nice and her body is so play friendly, not all broken up and unposable like FTC female bodies. I’d love to see the 14” line continue long enough to make at least all the original DC heroes and villains.
vintagematt

Post by vintagematt »

In my store the endcap is gone, and they now reside in the normal toy aisle next to the Jurassic world merch, I'm sad to see that glorious endcap go...
"Batman told him a super funny joke. When the creature didn't laugh, that was proof!"