Mego line heading to Target stores

1966 TV show type Bat-Items found on eBay, Collectibles, etc.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
You must read the MERCHANDISE RULES before participating here.
John Mack

Re: Mego line heading to Target stores

Post by John Mack »

Thanks Keith. Why they're stuck in this 14" thing is strange. Maybe FTC licensing got in the way? Part of the appeal of the Meg's to me was their size. I never owned the 12" ones, but wanted to because of the magnets in their hands.
Music. BAT! Music.
Keith Mayo

Post by Keith Mayo »

I'm disappointed in he Big Ol' Honkin' chest emblem myself.
"It's the very essence of our democracy". - Batman, S1 Ep 11
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

The Joker looks interesting, has a kind of Marshall Rogers thing going.
I like the blue Batman better than the black one, but that's not saying much. These seem sloppy-- even sloppy for Mego that did things like cast the Lizard in brown and call him the Gorn (who was neither a Lizard or brown by the way).

They just lack attention to detail, and I get that they're cheap, but first the too small head, now the too big emblem. They just seem kind of all over the place.

But still cool that these are around and in stores. I can see a kid buying this and being happy with it.
BATWINGED HORNET

Post by BATWINGED HORNET »

The proportions are all over the place on that figure: the emblem is as oversized as the Batman Halloween costume for kids in the 60s, the belt is far too small or thin, and the arms seem stubby. That, plus the odd size seems like it will not lead to great sales.
Beneath Wayne Manor
vintagematt

Post by vintagematt »

Hasn't been much activity here so I decided to update anyone who might want to know.
Wave three is on target.com, albeit everything is out of stock, which I think is a glitch due to the fact that even the Brady bunch Marcia is out of stock and let's be real here, she isn't that popular! Really angry at the scalpers, haven't been able to find Frankenstein on the website or in stores, kind of just makes me want to give up! But I hope this problem will be erased in the future...
"Batman told him a super funny joke. When the creature didn't laugh, that was proof!"
Therin of Andor

Post by Therin of Andor »

John Mack wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 4:48 pm Why they're stuck in this 14" thing is strange. Maybe FTC licensing got in the way? Part of the appeal of the Meg's to me was their size.
Yes, FTC have an existing licence for DC characters in 8" and 12", so Mego Target are 14".
THE BATPHONE! wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 8:16 pm Hasn't been much activity here so I decided to update anyone who might want to know.
Wave three is on target.com, albeit everything is out of stock, which I think is a glitch due to the fact that even the Brady bunch Marcia is out of stock and let's be real here, she isn't that popular!
Since when is Marcia Brady "not popular"?
"Holy nostalgia, Batman!"
Therin of Andor

(aka Ian McLean, from Sydney, Australia)