Mego line heading to Target stores

1966 TV show type Bat-Items found on eBay, Collectibles, etc.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
You must read the MERCHANDISE RULES before participating here.
AndyFish

Re: Mego line heading to Target stores

Post by AndyFish »

Not to be outdone-- FTC is doing 12" versions including the Removable Cowl Batman and Removable Mask Robin. I'm more excited about these, and since they have the '66 line you might see 12" versions of those too, although they are not mentioned in the preliminary announcement.

rickkrefft

Post by rickkrefft »

I’m gonna buy 12” version of Joker, Penguin, Riddler and Batman and Robin for sure. Batgirl will depend on if FTC puts the right long boots on her or not. If they use short boots like on her 8” version I’ll pass. I was disappointed they skipped Catwoman. Really wanted her in 12”. I would definitely buy 1966 12” if FTC made them, but I’d only get the big 7 characters.
greatlakes6

Post by greatlakes6 »

I forgot, when are the Mego's expected to be in Target stores?
John Mack

Post by John Mack »

greatlakes6 wrote: Wed Jul 25, 2018 6:39 pm I forgot, when are the Mego's expected to be in Target stores?
July 29th.
Music. BAT! Music.
SprangFan

Post by SprangFan »

I'm more excited about these, and since they have the '66 line you might see 12" versions of those too, although they are not mentioned in the preliminary announcement.
Does Hot Toys have a lock on the 12-inch scale, though? Isn't that why NECA went with 18"? I honestly don't know, I just thought I heard that.

The 12-inch figs are fun, but at that scale the "oven mitts" are even more heinous. I may go for Superman, though, depending on what they're asking. That was always my favorite Mego hero fig (well, after Green Arrow).

Went to Target last night but didn't see any Megos.
"You were right again, Batman. We might have been killed."
"Or worse. Let's go..."
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

Something must have opened up to let them do the 12" versions. I'm all in for removable cowl Batman, removable mask Robin, Superman and Aquaman-those were the first four released and the first four I ever bought. The bigger scale will make them fell more authentic now.

I'm guessing the price point is going to be $50ish since the 18" figures they were doing were $100 (now marked down to $50 if you don't mind them loose).
Batman65

Post by Batman65 »

I agree with Andy. The line up seems to be " a little out there" I can't imagine people are sitting around asking themselves, when are they ever going to release Alice from the Brady Bunch, or Norm from Cheers. Unless they are planning releasing all of the characters from these shows at some point, (which I seriously doubt), it does seem a little weird. I still have my original removeable cowl Batman by the way, so I am good. I really wish I still had the box though.
Yellow Oval

Post by Yellow Oval »

SprangFan wrote: Thu Jul 26, 2018 6:22 am
The 12-inch figs are fun, but at that scale the "oven mitts" are even more heinous. I may go for Superman, though, depending on what they're asking. That was always my favorite Mego hero fig (well, after Green Arrow).
Bigger oven mitts means Bats can finally bake those Bat-cookies for Scooby and Shaggy. If I see any of these I'll be all over them like stink on a monkey! (The furry jungle kind - not any of the band members :lol: )
"Hmmm... I don't like the twist this joke is taking. Let us away! Let us away!"
Yellow Oval

Post by Yellow Oval »

Batman65 wrote: Thu Jul 26, 2018 10:14 am I agree with Andy. The line up seems to be " a little out there" I can't imagine people are sitting around asking themselves, when are they ever going to release Alice from the Brady Bunch, or Norm from Cheers. Unless they are planning releasing all of the characters from these shows at some point, (which I seriously doubt), it does seem a little weird. I still have my original removeable cowl Batman by the way, so I am good. I really wish I still had the box though.
I agree with Andy also. I Dream of Jeannie action figures? I can't wrap my head around that one - especially since I associate the theme song more with Ferris Bueller's Day Off more than anything else. Thanks, Ferris - and get well soon! :D
Batman65

Post by Batman65 »

Yellow Oval wrote: Thu Jul 26, 2018 10:18 am
Batman65 wrote: Thu Jul 26, 2018 10:14 am I agree with Andy. The line up seems to be " a little out there" I can't imagine people are sitting around asking themselves, when are they ever going to release Alice from the Brady Bunch, or Norm from Cheers. Unless they are planning releasing all of the characters from these shows at some point, (which I seriously doubt), it does seem a little weird. I still have my original removeable cowl Batman by the way, so I am good. I really wish I still had the box though.
I agree with Andy also. I Dream of Jeannie action figures? I can't wrap my head around that one - especially since I associate the theme song more with Ferris Bueller's Day Off more than anything else. Thanks, Ferris - and get well soon! :D

“Get well Ferris” Ha Ha, now that’s funny!
SprangFan

Post by SprangFan »

Well the problem is they're so late getting back in the game, all the more logical properties are already spoken for.
The bigger scale will make them fell more authentic now.
:lol:
"You were right again, Batman. We might have been killed."
"Or worse. Let's go..."
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

All right we are talking about two lines now.
The 8” Megos coming back officially is great but these are mostly peg warmers at Target.

He should have just gone with monsters (rumor is he has the Chaney likeness too) or more DC 14”.

Jimmi Hendrix? I love Hendrix but I’d put the $15 into music rather than a Jimmi doll. And Joe Namath? I’m into my fifth decade and I barely remember him!

Anybody else think the heads look too small?
Lou Szabo

Post by Lou Szabo »

If these bodies are better, would you swap extremities and costumes, and relegate the FTC bodies to the Island of Misfit Toys?
Some days you just can't get rid of a ... SHARK!
Jimmy L. 66

Post by Jimmy L. 66 »

these must be the only licenses Mego can afford. Must be counting on the mego brand recognition.
Yellow Oval

Post by Yellow Oval »

Andy,

You mentioned they should have gone with monsters? That would have been uber-cool if they would have done a line on the Universal Classics with better sculpts and costuming than the original ones.