This did my heart good

1966 TV show type Bat-Items found on eBay, Collectibles, etc.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
You must read the MERCHANDISE RULES before participating here.
John Mack

This did my heart good

Post by John Mack »

While sitting on our balcony, my wife and I were watching some kids playing, two boys and a girl, when I noticed they had a Batman figure, a Superman figure and a Wonder Woman figure. It turns out, they were all FTC figures. My wife commented, "OH look! There's John in 1972!"

For those who've never thought about it, one of the main reasons the older toys are valuable today is because we played with them!

This is the only time in years I've seen kids playing with their action figures. I wanted to share this with all of you. It was very refreshing.
Music. BAT! Music.
vintagematt

Re: This did my heart good

Post by vintagematt »

Quite an amazing tale, a rare sight indeed, the kids must have some mego loving parents for them to be exposed to FTC, after all, FTC is mostly a collector based company.
"Batman told him a super funny joke. When the creature didn't laugh, that was proof!"
John Mack

Post by John Mack »

THE BATPHONE! wrote: Thu Aug 02, 2018 5:56 pm Quite an amazing tale, a rare sight indeed, the kids must have some mego loving parents for them to be exposed to FTC, after all, FTC is mostly a collector based company.
Not sure how they wound up with them. Our only comment to them was, Oh cool!" and with that they seemed to get embarrassed and Superman flew away with Batman on his back along with Wonder Woman by their side. Interesting to note, the Wonder Woman I knew, couldn't fly. She needed an invisible jet lol.
Music. BAT! Music.
Batfink

Post by Batfink »

Very cool. I had a similar experience. In the laneway between houses, when I was walking my dog & cat (yes! They walk around the block together!) I saw a neighbor's kid who was about 6 play with a bunch of hot wheels. And included was a 66 Batmobile! He was having it jump small rocks and in the dirt. That's what its all about!
Sweet Little Buttercup!
Blue Meanie

Post by Blue Meanie »

Great story. I loved my action figures and GI Joe’s, with Kung fu grip of course. Had Superman, Batman, Spider-Man, Scotty (Star Trek) and some Planet of the Apes. Good times.
mwilbury

Post by mwilbury »

Lovely. My two-year-old has become a little Bat-Fan in recent weeks. I've given him many of my toys from the 80s and early 90s. I played with them a bit, but I was the sort of kid who guarded his toys rather carefully. My son LOVES to play with them, and it's helping me feel less precious about these things.

He's also recieved a lot of Bat-Toys from his grandpa, including the large Mattel Batmobile. That thing was quite expensive when it first hit retail (a great value later if you bought it with the added figures or, even better, on clearance). Watching him play, it feels like some of the best money ever spent.

He talks to the figures and says, "To the Batman-beele!"
2018-07-Andy-Batmobile.jpg
Therin of Andor

Post by Therin of Andor »

John Mack wrote: Thu Aug 02, 2018 6:36 pm Interesting to note, the Wonder Woman I knew, couldn't fly. She needed an invisible jet lol.
Maybe you couldn't see the kid's jet because... it was invisible? ;)
Batfink wrote: Fri Aug 03, 2018 6:23 am I saw a neighbor's kid who was about 6 play with a bunch of hot wheels. And included was a 66 Batmobile! He was having it jump small rocks and in the dirt. That's what its all about!
My first Batmobile was found in a pile of dirt in the grounds of a cricket oval way back in 1967. It had lost some paint, but the tiny Batman and Robin figures were still there!
"Holy nostalgia, Batman!"
Therin of Andor

(aka Ian McLean, from Sydney, Australia)
John Mack

Post by John Mack »

Nope, she wasn't in the invisible plane because she was flying like Superman, arms out stretched lol, but good thought Therin!
Music. BAT! Music.
Therin of Andor

Post by Therin of Andor »

"Holy nostalgia, Batman!"
Therin of Andor

(aka Ian McLean, from Sydney, Australia)
vintagematt

Post by vintagematt »

Therin of Andor wrote: Sat Aug 04, 2018 6:54 pm Ummm...

When Wonder Woman wants to fly like Superman by Ian McLean, on Flickr
Ha ha! That's exactly what I thought!!! :D
"Batman told him a super funny joke. When the creature didn't laugh, that was proof!"
John Mack

Post by John Mack »

Oh come on guys! The only WW I'm familiar with in the jet is the Super Friends version. Lol
Attachments
images.jpeg
images.jpeg (5.35 KiB) Viewed 7248 times
Music. BAT! Music.
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

Great stories-- toys should be for kids.
Keith Mayo

Post by Keith Mayo »

AndyFish wrote: Mon Aug 06, 2018 7:38 am Great stories-- toys should be for kids.
A GIjOE collectors group I belonged to used to buy figures and donate to Toys For Tots every year.
"It's the very essence of our democracy". - Batman, S1 Ep 11
Lou Szabo

Post by Lou Szabo »

I put together 4 baskets for our church picnic. 2 were 66 Batman/Batmobile based it was fun to see kids lusting over these baskets. I put in some young reader Batman books too. I don't know who had the greater anticipation, the kids or the parents
Some days you just can't get rid of a ... SHARK!
Keith Mayo

Post by Keith Mayo »

When I see HW Batmobiles in Wally World, I pick up a couple to hand out to kids when I visit their parents. Gotta start 'em young!
"It's the very essence of our democracy". - Batman, S1 Ep 11